STUDY OF GENERIC CYPROCONAZOLE EFFECTS ON HEMATOLOGICAL AND CYTOCHEMICAL PARAMETERS OF WISTAR HANNOVER RATS PERIPHERAL BLOOD
About the author:
Usenko T., Prodanchuk M., Shulyak V.
Type of article:
Pestcides are extensively used in agriculture today. Fungicides based on derivatves of triazole are the most widespread all over the world. Cyproconazole is one of the most frequently used substance of this group. Published data about the hematotoxic eﬀects of cyproconazole, despite their fewness, are controversial. Goal. The aim was to assess the eﬀects of generic triazole fungicide cyproconazole, 95% on hematological and cytochemical parameters of peripheral blood of Wistar Hannover male rats in conditons of acute oral toxicity study. Object and methods. 10 healthy males of Wistar Han rats were equally divided into control (0 mg/kg/bw) and experimental groups. The input control of peripheral blood parameters was conducted afer a period of animals acclimatzaton. The goal was to evaluate the physiological state of the Wistar Han rats and the blood picture before treatment. Dose 175 mg/kg/bw (1/2 LD50) was administrated once orally by gavage to 5 experimental rats. Peripheral blood was studied at 0 and 1, 3, 7, 14 day afer exposure. RBC, HGB, HCT, erytrocyte indices MCV, MCH, MCHC, WBC and PLT were measured, hemogram and morphological disturbances of cells were studied. Cytochemical investgatons of specifc naphtol-AS-D-chloracetate esterase in neutrophils and succinate dehydrogenase, acid phosphatase in lymphocytes were studied. Results. Signifcant RBC increase and MCHC decrease due to hypoxia, polychromasia of erythrocytes in peripheral blood as confrmaton of the compensatory mechanism. The probable leukocytosis, relatve and absolute neutrophilia with lef shif to metaemyelocytes in leukogram is established. The appearance of actve phagocytc macrophages in the vascular channel was noted. Actvaton of monocytopoiesis was observed. The actvity of cytochemical enzymes was signifcantly increased. Immunotoxic acton was shown. That was manifested by quanttatve changes in the lymphocytes subpopulatons. Conclusion. Due to obrained results the triazole fungicide generic cyproconazole, 95% had hematotoxic acton on peripheral blood of Wistar Hannover male rats in conditons of acute oral toxicity study.
cytochemistry of leukocytes, neutriphilia, macrophages
- Kaplaushenko AH, ta in. Praktychne znachennya ta zastosuvannya poxidnyh 1,2,4-triazolu [monohrafya] [Internet]. Zaporizhzhya: ZDMU; 2016. 187 s. Dostupno: http://dspace.zsmu.edu.ua/handle/123456789/4902] [in Ukrainian].
- FAO/WHO Meetng on Pestcide Residues «Cyproconazole» 2010 JMPR Monograph. Food and Agriculture Organizaton of the United Natons (FAO). 2015. р. 766-938.
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION HEALTH & CONSUMERS DIRECTORATE-GENERAL Review report for the actve substance cyproconazole fnalised in the Standing Commitee on the Food Chain and Animal Health. EU Pestcides database. 2015. р. 7 [ec.europa.eu].
- Assessment Report Evaluaton of actve substance Cyproconazole. RMS: Ireland. 2014. 124 p.
- Schmidt F, Marx-Stoeltng P, Haider W. Combinaton eﬀects of azole fungicides in male rats in a broad dose range. Toxicology. 2016;355- 356:54-63.
- Peer Review of the pestcide risk assessment of the actve substance cyproconazole. EFSA Journal. 2010;8(11):73. DOI: 10.2903/j. efsa.2010.1897
- EXTERNAL SCIENTIFIC REPORT submited to EFSA Identfcaton of Cumulatve Assessment Groups of Pestcides Prepared by Elsa Nielsen et al. Technical University of Denmark. 2014. 304 p.
- USEPA; Updated Revised Human-Health Risk Assessment for Proposed Uses on Corn, Soybean and Wheat. 2008. р. 48-9.
- Guide for the care and use of laboratory animals. – LAR Publicaton, Natonal Academy Press, USA, 1996. 220 р.
- OECD Principles of Good Laboratory Practce. ENV/MC/CHEM(98)17. Environment Directorate Organisaton for Economic Cooperaton and Development, Paris, 1998. 41 р.
- Novykova Y. Klynycheskaya y laboratornaya hematolohyya [Internet]. Litres, 2017. Dostupno: http://www.clinlab.info/Hemocytology/ Reticulocytes-counting-49] [in Russiаn].
- Men'shykov VV. Laboratornye metody yssledovanyya v klynyke. M.: Medycyna; 1987. s. 106-45. [in Russiаn].
- Butenko ZA, Hluzman DF, Zak KP. Cytohymyya y elektronnaya mykroskopyya kletok krovy i krovetvornyh orhanov. Kyev: Naukova dumka; 1974. s. 28-88. [in Russian].
- Nader D Nader, Sina Davari-Farid. Neutrophilia. [Internet]. Available from: htps://emedicine.medscape.com/artcle/208576-overview]
- She Y, Wang N, Chen C. Effects of aluminum on immune functions of cultured splenic T and B lymphocytes in rats. Biological trace element research. 2012;147(1-3):246-50.
- Otton R, Marin D, Bolin A. Combined fish oil and astaxanthin supplementation modulates rat lymphocyte function. European journal of nutrition. 2012;51(6):707-18.
- Romanyuk AM, Rudna MM, Rudna VM. Vplyv nespryyatlyvyh faktoriv dovkillya (soli vazhkyx metaliv) na imunnu systemu (ohlyad literatury). Visnyk Sums”koho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriya Medycyna. 2012;2:36-41. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 2 (143), 2018 year, 72-78 pages, index UDK 615.9:616.15:615.099