EXPERIMENTAL APPROVAL OF THE USE OF COLLAGEN IMPLANTAT IN SURGICAL TREATMENT OF PARAREKTAL FISTULS
About the author:
Feleshtinsky Ya. P., Born E. E., Dyadik O. O., Grigorovskaya A. V., Kozlova K. S.
Type of article:
The aim of the work is to experimentally substantiate the expediency of closing the defect of the intestinal wall with a collagen implant. Object and methods. The study was conducted on 80 Wistar rats (226 ± 4,6 g). Depending on the version of the operative animal, they are divided into 2 groups (40 animals). In group I, the closure of the defect of the intestinal wall with a freeze-dried collagen implant was used. In group II – sewing with knot seams. From the experiment, the animals were taken out in accordance with the conditions of eftanasias. To evaluate the results, morphological, histological, immunohistochemical, and microscopic methods were used. Research results and their discussion. In group I, on the 14th day, fragments of the intestine wall with abruptly altered structure, areas of stale hemorrhagic infiltration and cells of fibrinoidal necrosis were found. In the intact part of the intestine there are a number of compensatory changes (thickening of the mucous membrane, lengthening villi and deepening of the crypt, accelerating cell migration). The immature connective tissue actively proliferates along the edge of the defect, a fickle appearance due to indirect degradation of damaged structures caused by the activity of the macrophages, and the replacement of the latter by numerous collagen-forming neoplastic fibers. On day 21, the number of fibroblasts is significantly reduced. There are signs of the process of initial epithelization. On the 28th day – the formation of mature connective tissue is completed; granulation tissue is replaced by an organized fibrous tissue with regression of most capillaries and vessels of the microcirculation bed. Conclusions. Using a collagen implant prevents premature resorption, provides robust mechanical stability in the presence of bacterial infection.
collagen implant, defect of the intestinal wall, connective tissue
- Lurin IA, Tsema EV. Sravnitelnaya otsenka otdalennyih rezultatov lecheniya bolnyih s ekstrasfinkternyimi svischami pryamoy kishki s ispolzovaniem sovremennyih, hirurgicheskih metodik. Ukr. med. zhurn. 2006;4:76-8. [in Russiаn].
- Vorob’ev GI, redactor. Osnovi koloproktologii. Rostov-na-Dony: Feniks; 2001. 117 s. [in Russiаn].
- Shelyigin YuA, redactor. Klinicheskie rekomendatsii. Koloproktologiya. M: GEOTAR-Media; 2015. 528 s. [in Russiаn].
- Chernov AA, Zhukov BN, Isaev VR. Optimizatsiya hirurgicheskogo lecheniya bolnyih so slozhnyimi ekstra i chrezsfinkternyimi pararektalnyimi svischami. Kazan. med. zhurn. 2007;6:604-5. [in Russiаn].
- Göttgens KW, Janssen PT, Heemskerk J, van Dielen FM, Konsten JL, Lettinga T, et al. Long-term outcome of low perianal fistulas treated by fistulotomy: a multicenter study. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2015 Dec 16;30:213-9.
- Bleier JI, Moloo H, Goldberg SM. Ligation of the intersphincteric fistulatract: an effective new technique for complex fistulas. Dis. Colon. Rectum. 2010 Jan 12;53:43-6.
- Jess P&, Bulut O. Small bowel obstruction after reconstruction of the pelvic floor with porcine dermal collagen (Permacol™) after extended abdominoperinea lextirpation for rectal cancer: report of two cases. Colorectal Disease. 2010 Feb 3;60:178-9.
- Giamundo P, Esercizio L, Geraci M, Tibaldi L, Valente M. Fistula-tract Laser Closure (FiLaC™): long-term results and new operative strategies. Tech Coloproctol. 2015 Mar 11;19(8):449-50.
- Christoforidis D, Pieh MC, Madott RD, Mellgre AF. Treatment of transsphincteric anal fistulas by endorectal advancement flap or collagen fistula plug: a comparative study. Dis. Colon. Rectum. 2009 Jan 15;52(1):18-22.
- Aliev MM. Optimizathiya letheniya bolnix ostrim i xronitheskim paraproktitom [avtoreferat]. Stavropol: Stavropolsk. меd. un-t; 2008. 124 s. [in Russiаn].
- Filips RKS, Vorobyov GP, redactor. Kolorektaliaya hirurgiya. M: GEOTAR-Media; 2009. 258 s. [in Russiаn].
- Kavanagh DO. Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging demonstrates the integrity of perineal reconstruction following cylindrical abdominoperineal excision with reconstruction of the pelvic floor using porcine collagen. Case report med.; 2012. Report 752357.
- Köckerling F, Alam NN, Narang SK, Daniels IR, Smart NJ. Treatment of Fistula-In-Ano with Fistula Plug a Review Under Special Consideration of the Technique. Front Surg. 2015 Jan 20;16:2-55.
- Dutta G, Bain J, Ray AK, Dey S, Das N, Das B. Comparing Ksharasutra (Ayurvedic Seton) and open fistulotomy in the management of fistulain-ano. J. Nat. Sci. Biol. Med. 2015 Feb 11;6(2):406-10.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 2 (143), 2018 year, 316-319 pages, index UDK 617.55-007.43-089.168.1-089.844