THE CONTENTS OF OXYPROLINE AND GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANES IN THE SERUM OF WOMEN’S BLOOD WITH REPRODUCTIVE LOSSES ON EARLY AND LATE STAGES
About the author:
Korovay S. V.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
The acute problem of obstetrics and gynecology is the improvement of women’s reproductive health, especially in order to reduce the level of perinatal loss and ensure the full implementation of the generative function. Causes of early termination of pregnancy and preterm births are not fully understood and multifactorial. This stimulates a wide interest of specialists in this problem in order to identify an effective set of measures for the prevention of reproductive losses and the development of obstetric complications. Adaptive processes, the organs and systems stability of pregnant woman body are dependent on the metabolic processes occurring in the connective tissue. Connective tissue is a mediator of inflammatory and immune mechanisms in the body of a pregnant woman. Changes in the metabolism of connective tissue in women with fetal loss in the early and late stages of pregnancy have not been studied sufficiently, which makes this kind of research. In addition, the involvement of women with preterm labor to people with emotional stress is interest to assess the adaptive reserves of the body, primarily, by the metabolism of the structural components of the connective tissue – collagen and glycosaminoglycans. The purpose of the study is to evaluate the state of connective tissue metabolism in women with different periods of abortion by determining the content of oxyproline fractions and total glycosaminoglycans in the serum. Object and methods of research. 227 pregnant women were examined, 190 of them had clinical signs of premature birth in the period of gestation 23-36 weeks. Group II was involved in 142 women (mean age 24.7 ± 4.2 years) with a late-onset preterm pregnancy period of 28 to 36 weeks. Formation of clinical groups was carried out depending on the term of pregnancy in the form of premature and timely birth. 48 women with early onset of pregnancy (mean age 23.6 ± 5.1 years) were included in group I, which ended in childbirth in the period from 23 to 27 weeks. The III (control) group included 37 women with a physiological course of pregnancy (mean age 26.1 ± 2.7 years), which ended with birth without complications at the time of 38-41 weeks. The criteria for including women into groups were: young reproductive age, single-pregnancy, absence of gestosis, acute and chronic gynecological and somatic diseases. Diagnosis of preterm labor was carried out in the presence of abdominal pain syndrome and structural changes in the cervix. The research was carried out in compliance with the bioethics principles. Conclusions. The predominance of catabolic processes over anabolic occurs in connective tissue in women with early premature pregnancy, which ended in childbirth at the time of 23-27 weeks, in relation to women with the physiological course of pregnancy, ended in childbirth without complications. This is confirmed by an increase in blood serum total glycosaminoglycans (13%, p = 0.0123), a simultaneous increase in the level of linked (29%, p <0.001) and free (81%, p <0.001) oxyproline in the background decrease (p <0,001) of the coefficient of their ratio by 30%. The predominance of anabolic processes over catabolic is observed in women with late premature pregnancy, which ended in childbirth in the period of 28-36 weeks, in relation to women with the physiological course of pregnancy. This is confirmed by a drop in blood serum total glycosaminoglycans (10%, p <0.001), a simultaneous increase in the level of related (by 138%, p <0.001) and free (38%, p <0.001) oxyproline against the background of ( p <0,001) of their ratio of 48%. The revealed changes in the connective tissue metabolism in pregnant women indicate a violation of the adaptivecompensatory mechanisms and the possibility of promoting the preterm birth development and the deterioration of the fetal state of the fetus.
early termination of pregnancy, preterm labor, oxyproline fraction, total glycosaminoglycans
- Vorobjova II, Zhivecka-Denisova AA, Tkachenko VB. Nevinoshuvnnya vagitnosti: suchasni poglyadi na problemu (oglyad literaturi). Zdorove zhenshiny. 2017;3(119):113-7. [in Ukrainian].
- Gutikova LV, Bubeshko DA. Rol biogennyh aminov v realizacii reproduktivnoj funkcii organizma. Zh. Grodnenskogo gos. med. un-ta. 2014;2:59. [in Russiаn].
- Adamyan LV, Poddubnyj IV, Glybina TM, Sibirskaya EV, Dyakonova EYu, Gafarova DA. Displaziya soedinitelnoj tkani i perekrut pridatkov matki. Reproduktivnoe zdorove detej i podrostkov. 2014;3:81-6. [in Russiаn].
- Tetelyutina FK, Badrieva YuN, Sushencova TV, Lagutko NN, Fazleeva YeR. Osobennosti metabolizma soedinitelnoj tkani u beremennyh s prolapsom mitralnogo klapana. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2015;4:78-83. [in Russiаn].
- Klemenov AV, Tkacheva ON, Vertkin AL. Displaziya soedinitelnoj tkani i beremennost (obzor). Ter. arhiv. 2011;11:80-3. [in Russiаn].
- Komisarova LM, Karachaeva AN, Kesova MI. Techenie beremennosti i rodov pri displazii soedinitelnoj tkani. Zhurnal akusherstva i ginekologii. 2012;3:4-7. [in Russiаn].
- Hismatullina ZN. Biohimicheskie izmeneniya soedinitelnoj tkani pri starenii i drugih patologicheskih processah. Vestnik tehnologicheskogo universiteta. 2012;15(8):237-44. [in Russiаn].
- Churilina AV, Moskalyuk ON. Narushenie metabolizma soedinitelnoj tkani pri nekotoryh patologicheskih sostoyaniyah u detej. Zdorove rebenka. 2006;1:122-6. [in Russiаn].
- Grishenko OV, Lahno IV, Ovcharenko AT, Leonteva FS, Dudko VL. Znachenie glikozaminoglikanov pri fiziologicheskom techenii beremennosti. Visnik Harkivskogo nacionalnogo universitetu imeni V.N. Karazina. Seriya Medicina. 2005;625(10):57-60. [in Russiаn].
- Plotnik VO. Doslidzhennya stanu stres-realizuyuchih sistem u vagitnih z ne vinoshuvannyam. Zaporozhskij med. zhurnal. 2013;3(78):54-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Sharaev PN. Metod opredeleniya svobodnogo i svyazannogo oksiprolina v syvorotke krovi. Laboratornoe delo. 1981;5:284-5. [in Russiаn].
- Klyackin SA, Lifshic RI. Metodika opredeleniya glikozaminoglikanov orcinovym metodom v krovi bolnyh. Laboratornoe delo. 1989;10:51-3. [in Russiаn].
- Zimnickij AN, Bashkatov SA. Glikozaminoglikany v biohimicheskih mehanizmah adaptacii organizma k nekotorym fiziologicheskim i patologicheskim sostoyaniyam. M.: Farmacevticheskij byuleten; 2004. 235 s. [in Russiаn].
- Damodarasamy M, Vernon RB, Chan CK, Plymate SR, Wight TN, Reed MJ. Hyaluronan in aged collagen matrix increases prostate epithelial cell proliferation. In Vitro Cellullar and Developmental Bioljgy. 2015;51(1):50-8.
- Podkovkin VG, Ivanov DG. Izmenenie pokazatelej obmena kollagena pri emocionalnom stresse. Vestnik OGU. 2010;2(108):124-8. [in Russiаn].
- Shestopalov AV, Shulga AS, Aleksandrova AA, Staviskij IM, Rymashevskij AN, Shkurat TP. Pokazateli metabolizma kollagena I tipa v krovi zhenshin pri razlichnyh variantah techeniya beremennosti. Fundamentalnye issledovaniya. 2012;22:393-8. [in Russiаn].
- Korovaj SV, Stecenko SO, Bondareva AV. Vmist 17-oksikortikosteroyidiv u sechi zhinok z ne vinoshuvannyam vagitnosti. V: Kotvicka AA, Lisovij VM, Zagajko AL, Nakonechna OA, Bryuhanova TO, Gorbach TV, Martinova SM, redaktori. Materiali naukovo-praktichnoyi konferenciyi z mizhnarodnoyu uchastyu. Aktualni problemi eksperimentalnoyi ta klinichnoyi biohimiyi; 2018 Kvit 12-13; Harkiv. Harkiv: NfaU; 2018. s. 31. [in Ukrainian].
- Ilina IYu, Yumina SV, Dobrohotova YuE. Metabolizm kollagena na fone giperandrogenii razlichnogo geneza. Problemy reprodukcii. Materialy III mezhdunarodnogo kongressa po reproduktivnoj medicine. M.; 2009. s. 184-5. [in Russiаn].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (145), 2018 year, 133-137 pages, index UDK 618.396-078[577.114.4+577.112.37].088.6