CONDITION OF OXIDATIVE AND ANTIOXIDATIVE HOMEOSTASIS IN THE PANCREAS AND THE BLOOD OF THE INFANT RATS WHOSE MOTHERS RECEIVED UNBALANCED NUTRITION WITH THE DEFICIENCY OF NUTRIENTS DURING THEIR PREGNANCY
About the author:
Nikolayeva O. V., Sirenko V. A., Pavlova E. A.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Among current problems of modern medicine the pancreas diseases have the essential specific gravity. The main attention of researchers is concentrated on studying of different aspects of acute and chronic pancreatitis. However there are insufficiently studied questions concerning the functional condition and the mechanisms of lesion of the pancreas in children whose fetal development took place under the conditions of action of adverse factors of the external environment on the mother during her pregnancy. One of such factors is an unbalanced nutrition with the deficiency of protein and other nutrients. Among the lesion mechanisms of pancreacitis at various pathology of the pancreas an oxidative stress owing to the disorder of the oxidative and antioxidative homeostasis (OAH) is essential. However its role in the pathogenesis of lesion of the pancreas at the action of negative exogenous factors on the mother-fetus system is studied insufficiently. The objective of the study is to study the peculiarities of the oxidative and antioxidative homeostasis in the pancreas and the blood serum of the posterity of rat mothers who received unbalanced nutrition with the deficiency of nutrients during their pregnancy. The objects and the methods of the study. The experimental study on 42 nonlinear white rats of WAG/G Sto is conducted. The condition of the oxidative and antioxidative homeostasis in the tissue of the pancreas is investigated in 37 rats (18 newborns, 9 one-month-old and 10 two-month-old rats), in the blood serum it is investigated in 23 rats (10 one-month-old and 13 two-month-old rats). The POL activity is determined according to the content of diene conjugates (DC) and malondialdehyde (MDA), the AOS activity is determined according to the activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD) on the Stat Fax 303 Plus biochemical analyzer and catalase (CAT) on the SF-46 spectrophotometer. The results of the study. The increase of the content of DC (for 9,3%, р<0,01) and MDA (for 69,2%, р<0,01) is discovered in newborn infant rats. The ratio of these indicators is reduced by 36,9% (р<0,01) that demonstrates primary accumulation of the POL by-products. The level of AOS indicators is significantly lower than in the animals of the control group (decrease of the SOD and CAT activity for 23,3% and 23,6% (р<0,01) respectively) that reflects the lack of the protective mechanisms directed at conservation and support of the homeostasis in the organism, and development of an oxidative stress. In 1-month-old infant rats the level of the OAH lesion in the pancreas is less than in newborns due to the lower POL activity and the increase of the AOS activity but its physiological reserve is insufficient for suspension of the POL processes which developed in the prenatal period and therefore for prevention of structural changes in pancreacitis. In 2-month-old infant rats the POL activity isn’t changed, the AOS activity is moderately increased due to the increase of the CAT activity that is sufficient for prevention of accumulation of Н2О2 that is toxic for cells in the tissue of the pancreas. In the blood serum the level of the OAH lesion both in 1-month-old and in 2-month-old infant rats is higher than in the pancreas due to the larger activation of POL and the decrease of AOS activity that causes the development of a systemic oxidative stress owing to the lesion of not only pancreas but also other organs. Conclusions. The hypocaloric diet of pregnant rats with the deficiency of nutrients has its negative effect on the OAH in the pancreas and the blood serum of their posterity the changes of which cause the lesion of cellular membranes and intracellular structures. They can be one of the important links of the pathogenesis of prenatal lesion of the pancreas that is potentially unsafe for the development in the post-natal period of not only its functional disorders and also its organic pathology.
hypocaloric diet, oxidative and antioxidative homeostasis, pancreas, posterity of rats
- Stepanov YuM, Gravirovskaya NG, Skirda IYu, Petishko OP. Bolezni podzheludochnoy zhelezy kak odna iz veduschih problem gastroenterologii i abdominalnoy hirurgii (sovremennaya epidemiologiya). Gastroenterologiya. 2014;3:7-14. [in Russiаn].
- Bhutani MS, Vilmann P, Saftoiu A. Pancreas and biliary tract diseases. Oxford (UK): Health Press; 2017. 149 p.
- Sorokman TV, Popelyuk OM. Osoblivostі perebіgu patologіі pіdshlunkovoі zalozi v dіtey. Gastroenterologіya. 2016;4(62):43. [in Ukrainian].
- Lankisch PG, Apte M, Banks PA. Acute pancreatitis. The Lancet. 2015;386(9988):85.
- Belyaeva NV, Gubergric NB, Zagorenko YuA, Lukashevich GM, Golubova OA. Pankreatogennyy saharnyy diabet. Rossiyskiy zhurnal gastroenterologii, gepatologii, koloproktologii. 2007;6:11-6. [in Russiаn].
- Gubergric NB, Fomenko PG. Pankreatologiya i «skelet v shkafu». Voprosy detskoy dietologii. 2013;5:14-22. [in Russiаn].
- Bloomston M, Frankel WL, Petrocca F, Volinia S, Alder H, Hagan JP, et al. MicroRNA expression patterns to differentiate pancreatic adenocarcinoma from normal pancreas and chronic pancreatitis. JAMA. 2007;297(17):1901-8.
- Merinova NI, Kozlova NM, Kolesnichenko LS. Perekisnoe okislenie lipidov i antioksidantnaya sistema v patogeneze hronicheskogo pankreatita. Sibirskiy medicinskiy zhurnal. 2012;3:17-20. [in Russiаn].
- Mosoyan SS, Shugaev AI, Chuyanova EV. Perekisnoe okislenie lipidov i antioksidantnaya zaschita pri ostrom destruktivnom pankreatite. Vestnik SPbGU. Ser.11. 2013;2:36-8. [in Russiаn].
- Kozlovskiy AA. Zabolevaniya podzheludochnoy zhelezy u detey. Problemy zdorovya i ekologii. 2012;3:65. [in Russiаn].
- Nikolaieva OV, Kovaltsova MV, Yevtushenko TH. Patent na korysnu model № 81453 Ukraina, MPK (2006.01) G09V 23/28, G09V 23/34. Sposib modeliuvannia alimentarnoi bilkovoi nedostatnosti. № u 2013 01910; zaiav. 18.02.2013; opubl. 25.06.2013. Biul. №12. [in Ukrainian].
- Stomnaya ND. Orehovich VN, redaktor. Metody opredeleniya nekotoryh produktov perekisnogo okisleniya lipidov v tkanyah zhivotnyh. Sovremennye metody v biohimii. M.: Medicina; 1977. s. 62-5. [in Russiаn].
- Kostyuk VA, Potapovich AI, Kovaleva ZhV. Prostoy i chuvstvitelnyy metod opredeleniya aktivnosti SOD, osnovannyy na reakcii okisleniya kvercitina. Voprosy medicinskoy himii. 1990;2:88-91. [in Russiаn].
- Dubinina EE, Efimova LF, Safronova LN. Metody opredeleniya aktivnosti katalazy. Lab. Delo. 1988;8:16-9. [in Russiаn].
- Koopmann MC, Baumler MD, Boehler CJ, Chang FL, Ney DM. Total parenteral nutrition attenuates cerulein-induced pancreatitis in rats. Pancreas. 2010;39(3):377-84.
- Vladimirov YuA. Svobodnye radikaly v biologicheskih sistemah. Sorosovskiy obrazovatelnyy zhurnal. 2000;6(12):13. [in Russiаn].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (145), 2018 year, 149-152 pages, index UDK [616.37-005.3:612.015.11:613.24]-092.9