THE SEARCH OF IMPROVEMENT OF PRACTICAL SKILLS IN OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
About the author:
Pakharenko L. V., Vorobii V. D.
Type of article:
Changes in the structure of morbidity in the modern society also require changes in the study of the themes of pathologies in programs of different disciplines by students of higher medical educational establishments. Such changes also undergo the structure of gynecological pathology. So, in recent years, the incidence of infertility in the world and in Ukraine is increasing. For this purpose, the study of the topic of infertile marriage and family planning has been introduced in the program of discipline “Obstetrics and Gynecology” in recent years. The comprehensive approach to mastering the topic in the last three years was added with the practical skill “Examination of married couple with infertility”. The performance of practical skill allows students to develop more deep understanding of the problem, clinical thinking and demonstrate knowledge of different disciplines. Aim. To improve the mastering of practical skill “Examination of married couple with infertility”. Results. The practical skill “Examination of married couple with infertility” is often difficult for students to demonstrate. The algorithm for performing this skill is different from the traditional approach and does not require demonstration of direct work with the patient except taking anamnesis. The difference is in the fact that it consists of several stages. Initially, an anamnesis is taking, then the previous diagnosis is put. After this it is necessary to make the plan of examination of the married couple, separately for the man and the woman. It is important to demonstrate both as standard approach to the examination with a list of routine unified methods, as well as an individual approach in each individual case. To prepare the mastering of skills, an algorithm for its implementation was developed, which is presented in a practical-training center in the form of schemes, pictures. There is also the demonstration material in the form of results of examinations (generalclinical, hormonal, cytological, colposcopic ones, vaginal smears, TORCH infections, ultrasound examination of pelvic organs and other systems, pictures of metrosalpingography, computer tomography, etc.), video materials prepared by teachers of the department. Situational tasks with this methodic were created by the staff of the department. Such tasks have in several stages. Such approach allows to develop clinical thinking, which is important for the implementation of the skill. Conclusion. The developed method of mastering the practical skill “Examination of married couple with infertility” is effective. Improvement of the system of infertility examination, enhancement of its algorithm leads to the perfection of the qualification of the medical specialist of any specialty and the readiness of its use in practice.
practical skill, students, training
- Vspomogatel’nye reproduktivnye tekhnologii. Opyt ispol’zovaniya VRT v SSHA, Evrope, Izraile i Ukraine. Slovo o zdorov’e. 2017;2(8):6-10. [in Russian].
- Lesovska SH. Stan vprovadzhennia dopomizhnykh reproduktyvnykh tekhnolohii v Ukraini. Slovo o zdorov’e. 2017;2(8):12-4. [in Ukrainian].
- Hart RJ. Physiological Aspects of Female Fertility: Role of the Environment, Modern Lifestyle, and Genetics. Physiol Rev. 2016;96(3):873-909. DOI: 10.1152/physrev.00023.2015
- Damario MA. General aspects of fertility and infertility. Methods Mol Biol. 2014;1154:3-23. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4939-0659-8_1
- Volosovets OP, P’iatnytskyi YuS, Vitenko IS, Melnyk IV, Stetsiuk RA. Udoskonalennia zasvoiennia praktychnykh navychok i metodyk studentamy ta likariamy-internamy – vazhlyva skladova kadrovoi perebudovy pervynnoi lanky. Medychna osvita. 2012;3:5-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Hromova AM, Mitiukhina NI, Martynenko YB, Nesterenko LA, Liakhnovska TYu. Rol rolovykh ihor u vyvchenni akusherstva ta hinekolohii. Medychna osvita. 2017;2:117-9. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 part 1 (146), 2018 year, 167-169 pages, index UDK 618+371.222+378.147.88