ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT OF MEDICAL CARE FOR RURAL POPULATION OF CHERKASSY REGION
About the author:
Slabkiy G. О., Lobas М. V.
SOCIAL MEDICINE AND ORGANIZATION OF HEALTHCARE PROTECTION
Type of article:
Prospects of rural medicine development are defined by the law of Ukraine “About improving accessibility and quality of health services in rural areas,” November 14, 2017, no. 2206-VIII. Financing takes prominent place in this process. Goal of research: to study and analyze the state of financing medical care for rural population of Cherkassy region as a necessary factor of ensuring its quality and reforming the health care system in the region. Object and methods. Statistical method: financial reports of the establishments of primary and secondary medical care for the years 2012-2016. Results and their discussion. It is found that during the period of investigation the volume of expenditure per one inhabitant increased on the territory of all the administrative areas except for Uman and Chyhyryn areas, where it decreased. The marginal index difference is 1.67 times: from 528.58 UAH in Chyhyryn to 885.13 UAN in Chornobayv areas. This puts the population of the various areas of the region in uneven conditions as for getting medical care. The marginal difference of the volumes of not budgetary financing of medical care per one inhabitant per year in the context of administrative territories reaches 12.05 times (298.95 UAH). The analysis of financing primary health care indicates that during the period of study financing of primary health care per one inhabitant in the context of administrative territories differed in 3.57 time: from 115.00 UAH in Gorodyshche to 410.94 UAH in Shpoliany areas. Amount of budget financing of in-patient medical care in Central district hospitals per bed-day ranged 2.88 times: from 264.22 UAH in Shpoliany to 762.00 UAH in Zolotonosha areas. This situation puts the population of various areas of the region in unequal conditions as for providing them with appropriate type of medical care and also its accessibility and quality. It is determined that the amount of budget financing for the purchase of medicines for in-patient medical care in Central district hospitals per bed-day for the period of study increased in all the administrative areas, but the amount of the increase was uneven. Fluctuation of marginal volumes of budget financing for the purchase of medicines for in-patient medical care in Central district hospitals registered at 6.78 times: from 6.61 UAH in Lysiany to 44.82 UAH in Uman areas. Thus the quality of medical services for the patients in different areas depends on their economic capabilities. The allocated budget is not enough for emergency medical care in urgent conditions. Conclusions. The undertaken analysis of the financial provision of medical care for rural population of Cherkassy region indicates insufficient financing which makes impossible the provision of qualified medical care and significant differences in the context of administrative territories that puts the population of the various areas of the region in the uneven conditions as for their medical provision.
Cherkassy region, rural population, medical care, financing, volume
- Zubko H. V Ukrayini dano start reformi silʹsʹkoyi medytsyny [Internet]. Dostupno: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/news/v-ukrayini-dano-startreformi-silskoyi-medicini-gennadij-zubko-pro-pidpisannya-prezidentom-ukrayini-zakonu-7117 [in Ukrainian].
- Zubko H. Reforma silʹsʹkoyi medytsyny – tse ne kosmetychnyy remont ambulatoriy, a nova yakistʹ medychnykh posluh [Internet]. Dostupno: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/news/reforma-silskoyi-medicini-ce-ne-kosmetichnij-remont-ambulatorij-nova-yakist-medichnih-posluggennadij-zubko [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrayiny «Pro vnesennya zmin do deyakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrayiny shchodo udoskonalennya zakonodavstva z pytanʹ diyalʹnosti zakladiv okhorony zdorovʺya» vid 06.04.2017 r. № 2002–VIII. Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady. 2017;21:245. [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrayiny «Pro derzhavni finansovi harantiyi medychnoho obsluhovuvannya naselennya» vid 19 zhovtnya 2017 roku № 2168-VIII. Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady. 2018;5:31. [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrayiny «Pro pidvyshchennya dostupnosti ta yakosti medychnoho obsluhovuvannya u silʹsʹkiy mistsevosti» 14 lystopada 2017 roku № 2206-VIII. Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady. 2018;5:32. [in Ukrainian].
- Palʹchuk V. Priorytet 2018 roku – reformuvannya silʹsʹkoyi medytsyny [Internet]. Ukrayina: podiyi, fakty, komentari. 2018;3:43-55. Dostupno: http://nbuviap.gov.ua/images/ukraine/2018/ukr3.pdf [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 part 1 (146), 2018 year, 237-240 pages, index UDK 614.2