ASPECTS OF THE FORMATION OF A PERSONIFIED APPROACH TO THE TREATMENT OF COMORBIDITY OF PSORIATIC DISEASE
About the author:
Yemchenko Ya., Ischeykin K., Kaidashev I.
Type of article:
Psoriasis (psoriasis vulgaris) is a genetically determined chronic autoimmune polysystemic disease of multifactor nature, characterized by the benign epidermal hyperproliferation of epidermal cells, a violation of the keratinization process against the background of inflammatory reactions in the dermis, as well as lesions of the nails, joints and scalp. Often characterized by severe clinical course and involvement of musculoskeletal system and internal organs in pathological process with corresponding morphological and functional changes. Psoriasis is found worldwide but the prevalence varies among different ethnic groups. While the share of this pathology in the overall structure of skin diseases reaches from 1% – to 40%, according to various authors. However, despite the widespread of psoriasis and the large number of works on this problem, there is still no unified view of the pathogenesis of this dermatosis. Recently, there has been a tendency of growth of psoriatic disease and obesity in the pathogenesis of which a significant role is assigned to systemic inflammation and macrophages. According to the research, it was found that the general link of the pathogenesis of obesity and psoriasis is systemic inflammation, which manifests itself in the increased number of macrophages producing a large number of proinflammatory cytokines. Thus, obesity and inflammation causes a vicious circle of cause-and-effect relationships. Yes, obesity provokes inflammation, and inflammation, in turn, increases obesity and prevents weight loss. The close relationship between psoriasis and obesity is extremely important in the selection of personalized therapy for each particular patient. Therefore, the goal of further research is a more in-depth study of the comorbidity of psoriatic disease, which will reveal new targets for the treatment of this dermatosis.
psoriasis, obesity, pathogenesis, systemic inflammation.
- Yemchenko Ya, Іscheykіn K, Kaydashev І. Analіz zahvoryuvanostі ta poshirenostі na psorіaz v Ukraynі ta v Poltavskіy oblastі. Aktualnі problemi suchasnoyi medicini: Vіsnik ukraynskoyi medichnoyi stomatologіchnoy akademіi. 2014;3(47):72-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Yemchenko Ya. Stan sistemnogo zapalennya u hvorih psorіatichnoyu hvoroboyu serednogo stupenya tyazhkostі іz suputnіm metabolіchnim sindromom. Sіmeyna medicina. 2016;2:148-50. [in Ukrainian].
- Kimball AB, Gladman D, Gelfand JM. National Psoriasis Foundation clinical consensus on psoriasis comorbidities and recommendations for screening. J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2008;58:1031-42.
- Reich K. The concept of psoriasis as a systemic inflammation: implications for disease management. JEADV. 2012;26(2):3-11.
- Boehncke WH, Boehncke S, Tobin AM, Kirby B. The «psoriatic march»: A concept of how severe psoriasis may drive cardiovascular comorbidity. Exp. Dermatol. 2011;20:303-7.
- Boehncke S, Thaci D, Beschmann H. Psoriasis patients show signs of insulin resistance. Br. J. Dermatol. 2007;157:1249-51.
- Boehncke WH, Boehncke S, Schon MP. Managing comorbid disease in patients with psoriasis. BMJ. 2010;3:240-6.
- Weiss SC, Kimball AB, Liewehr DJ. Quantifying the harmful effect of psoriasis on health-related quality of life. J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2002;47:512-8.
- Krueger G. The impact of psoriasis on quality of life: Results of a 1998 National Psoriasis Foundation patient-membership survey. Arch. Dermatol. 2001;13:280-7.
- Olysova O. Psoryaz: epydemyolohyia, patohenez, lechenye. Farmateka. 2010;5:35-40. [in Russian].
- Menter A, Korman NJ, Elmets CA. Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: section 4. Guidelines of care for the management and treatment of psoriasis with traditional systemic agents. J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2009;61:451-85.
- Christophers E. Psoriasis-epidemiology and clinical spectrum. Clin. Exp. Dermatol. 2001;26(4):314-20.
- Olysova O. Tsyklosporyn A v dermatolohycheskoi praktyke. Farmateka. 2008;19(173):74-8. [in Russian].
- Gudjonsson JE, Ding J, Johnston A. Assessment of the psoriatic transcriptome in a large sample: additional regulated genes and comparisons with in vitro models. J. Invest. Dermatol. 2010;130(7):1829-40.
- Armstrong EJ, Harskamp CT, Armstrong AW. Psoriasis and major adverse cardiovascular events: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2013;2(2):135-41.
- Rosenberg P, Urwitz H, Johannesson A. Psoriasis patients with diabetes type 2 are at high risk of developing liver fibrosis during methotrexate treatment. J. Hepatol. 2007;46:1111-8.
- Gisondi P, Cazzaniga S, Chimenti S. Metabolic abnormalities associated with initiation of systemic treatment for psoriasis: evidence from the Italian Psocare Registry. J. Eur. Acad. Dermatol. Venereol. 2013;27:30-41.
- Olysova O, Smyrnov KV, Pynson Y. Fototerapyia psoryaza. Ros. zhurnal kozhnukh y venerycheskykh boleznei. 2006;3:38-42. [in Russian].
- Weatherhead SC, Farr PM, Reynolds NJ. Spectral effects of UV on psoriasis. Photochem. Photobiol. Sci. 2013;12(1):47-53.
- Vekony MA, Holder JE, Lee AJ. Selective amplification of T-cell receptor variable region species is demonstrable but not essential in early lesions of psoriasis vulgaris: analysis by anchored polymerase chain reaction and hypervariable region size spectratyping. J. Invest Dermatol. 2017;109(1):5-13.
- Pyruzian EV, Tohoeva LT, Avetykian SS. Etapu naruzhnoi terapyy raznykh form psoryaza. Clinical Dermatology and Venereology. 2007;2:71-4. [in Russian].
- Bennett SR, Carbone FR, Karamalis F. Help for cytotoxic-T-cell responses is mediated by CD40 signalling. Nature. 2008;4:478-80.
- Kaydashev IP. NF-kB-signalizaciya kak osnova razvitiya sistemnogo vospaleniya, insulinorezistentnosti, lipotoksichnosti, saharnogo diabeta 2-go tipa i ateroskleroza. Mezhdunarodnyy endokrinologicheskiy zhurnal. 2011;3(35):35-40. [in Russian].
- Zhao W, Wu C, Li S, Chen X. Adiponectin protects palmitic acid induced endothelial inflammation and insulin resistance via regulating ROS/ IKKβ pathways. Cytokine. 2016;88:167-76.
- Schernthaner G. Craig Currie J, Schernthaner G. Do we still need pioglitazone for the treatment of type 2 diabetes? A risk-benefit critique in 2013. Diabetes Care. 2013;36:2013-31.
- Savchenko LV, Kaydashev IP. Individual approach to the treatment of obese COPD patients can reduce antropometric indicators, the level of systemic inflammation and improve the quality of life. Wiadomosci lekarskie. 2018;71(3):451-9.
- Rasin MS, Rasin SM. Faktory transkripcii v centre sovremennoj biologii i mediciny. Receptory, aktiviruemye proliferatorami peroksisom. Likarska sprava. 2013;3:280-5. [in Russian].
- Vinnik NI, Kucenko LA. Effektivnost primeneniya pioglitazona v kompleksnoj terapii bolnyh ishemicheskoj boleznyu serdca na fone metabolicheskogo sindroma. Likarska sprava. 2011;3(4):67-73. [in Russian].
- Skrypkyn YuK, Bohush PH, Kruhlova LS, Dvornykov AS. Novue vozmozhnosty naruzhnoi terapyy psoryaza. Vestnyk dermatolohyy y venerolohyy. 2016;3:33-7. [in Russian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 Part 2 (151), 2019 year, 34-38 pages, index UDK 616.517-071-085