QUANTUM THERAPY IN THE TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH MYOCARDIAL ATROPHY IN COMORBID PATHOLOGY (CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE CONCURRENT WITH METABOLIC SYNDROME)
About the author:
Boriak V. P.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
We studied the change in pulmonary blood flow in 28 patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) concurrent with metabolic syndrome in the treatment by supravascular laser irradiation of blood (SLRB). The course of supravascular laser irradiation of blood in patients with COPD with metabolic syndrome comprised 10 sessions every other day. Irradiation was conducted on the cubital vein with an output of 30 mW and an exposure time of 30 min, a wavelength of 63.2 nm against the background of basic therapy (anti-inflammatory agents, antioxidants, bronchodilators, hypoglycemic agents, lipid-lowering agents). As a result of using SLRB, the condition of patients revealed a marked improvement. Hence, 11 (39.3%) patients ceased complaining of heart pain, dyspnea decreased in 23 (82.14%) patients, cyanosis ceased to be observed in 16(57.14%) patients, 6 (21.43%) patients returned to the normal size of the liver, in 12 (42.86%) patients, swelling of the legs disappeared. We revealed a significant improvement in pulmonary blood flow in these patients according to rheopulmonography in the treatment by SLRB. Thus, the amplitude of the systolic wave increased by 96% (p <0.05), the diastolic amplitude – by 66% (p <05); the period of tension of the right ventricle decreased by 20% (p <0.05), the maximum rate of rapid blood filling increased by 46% (p <0.05). SLRB has a stimulating effect on metabolic processes not only in the directly irradiated tissue (blood), but also in other tissues, including the nervous ones, which results in the activation of energy and plastic processes and a decrease in free radical oxidation. Reduced viscosity of the blood, along with the actual vasodilating effect of laser radiation, decreases the total resistance to the blood flow in the periphery (including the lungs), increases the minute volume of blood without changing the power of the heart muscle, thus eliminating the signs of HF. At the same time, the SLRB gives a significant positive effect in the group with myocardial atrophy by normalizing the redox processes in the myocardium, inhibiting lipid peroxidation, contributing to the activation of cardiomyocyte metabolism, which leads to their intracellular regeneration. Supravascular laser irradiation of blood is an effective method of treating patients with myocardial atrophy in comorbid pathology (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease concurrent with metabolic syndrome), as well as correction of their pulmonary blood flow indicators
laser blood irradiation, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), rheopulmonography, metabolic syndrome
- Treumova SI, Petrov YeYe, Boryak VP. Khronichne obstruktyvne zakhvoryuvannya lehen u poyednanni z metabolichnym syndromom. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny. 2015;1(117):30-2. [in Ukrainian].
- Global’naya strategiya diagnostiki, lecheniya i profilaktiki khronicheskoy obstruktivnoy bolezni legkikh (GOLD, peresmotr 2013). Dostupno: http://www.goldcopd.org/uploads/users/files/GOLD_Report_Russian_2014.pdf [in Russiаn].
- Budnevskiy AV, Kozhevnikova SA, Kostina NE, Isayeva YaV. Reabilitatsiya bol’nykh khronicheskoy obstruktivnoy bolezn’yu legkikh v sochetanii s patologiyey serdechnososudistoy sistemy. Voronezh: Nauchnaya kniga; 2014. 130 s. [in Russiаn].
- ZuWallack RL. Functional status and survival in COPD. Arch. Chest Dis. 2013;59(3):230-3.
- Tribrat TA, Treumova SІ, Nemchenko LB, Boryak VP. Vyvchennya faktoriv ryzyku khronichnoho obstruktyvnoho zakhvoryuvannya lehen na foni metabolichnoho syndromu. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny. 2015;3,1(122):15-7. [in Ukrainian].
- Zhukovskiy LI, Frinerman YeA. Osnovy klinicheskoy reografii legkikh. Tashkent; 1976. 276 s. [in Russiаn].
- Boryak VP. Vliyaniye lazaroterapii na pokazateli kazhushcheysya vyazkosti krovi pri lechenii bol’nykh khronicheskoy obstruktivnoy bolezn’yu legkikh KHOBL) v sochetanii s metabolicheskim sindromom. Vísnik problem bíologíí̈ í meditsini. 2017;4(139):104-7. [in Russiаn].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 Part 2 (151), 2019 year, 88-91 pages, index UDK 616.127-007.23-06:[616.23/24-036.12+616-008.9]-08:615.849