Results of Medical Public Opinion Poll of Parents of Preschool-Age Children
About the author:
Penkov А. Y., Makeyeva N. I., Riga Y. А.
SOCIAL MEDICINE AND ORGANIZATION OF HEALTHCARE PROTECTION
Type of article:
The paper considers the findings concerning the types of family disorganization and features of psy- chological adaptation of 36 preschool-age children. The study involves 5- 6 year-old children, 20 boys and 16 girls, from families-residents of Kharkov city, who attends nursery and daycare facilities. Their parents have been ques- tioned. The following aspects have been studied: 1) a degree of parental protection in the upbringing process; 2) a degree of satisfaction of child’s needs; 3) number and quality of demands, brining to a child in the family; 4) instabil- ity of upbringing style. For more profound study of the problems, connected with upbringing style, personality prob- lems of parents has been defined, which they solve at the expense of upbringing of their child, i. e., 1) extension of parenthood sphere; 2) rejection to realize their children grown-ups; 3) uncertainty in parental upbringing; 4) pho- bias to loose the child; 5) immaturity of paternal feelings; 6) child protection of parents’ own undesirable character traits; 7) brining the conflict between parents into sphere of upbringing; 8) shifting in parental attitudes. The findings found that at least one parents’ visit to a pediatrician has been registered in medical documentation of all children as for stomachaches in child without signs of morphofunctional and inflammatory disorders from the aspect of gastro- intestinal tract. 28 (77,7 %) of them had a new visit. Characteristic features of upbringing that facilitate the formation of behavior deviations in child have been detected in 33 from 36 children (91,6 %). It has been established that 19 (52,7 %) children hold the stage in the family, 14 (38,8 %) children are deprivated by the parents. The frequency of hyperprotection of the child was prevailed in families where girls were being brought up. The tendency of increasing the frequency of hyperprotection was admitted in the families, where boys were being brought up. The spectrum of personal problem of parents was distributed in the following way: uncertainty in parental up- bringing (61 %), extension of parenthood sphere (56 %), child protection of parents’ own undesirable character traits (50 %), shifting in parental attitudes (33 %), phobias to loose the child (17 %), immaturity of paternal feelings (17 %), brining the conflict between parents into sphere of upbringing (11, %), rejection to realize their children grown-ups (11 %). Hyperprotection of child is provoked by the extension of parenthood sphere (56 %), uncertainty in parental up- bringing (61 %). In half of the families (50 %) a i child’s protection of parents’ own undesirable character traits is observed, which is the marker of child’s deprivation. The authors consider that during the examination of a child a pediatrician should pay attention not only to so- matic state of health but also to psychological one, that can assist to refer a child and his/her family to a pediatric psychologist. More extensive use of psychological techniques in upbringing will promote a decrease in frequency of parental deprivation and frequency of psychosomatic diseases in children.
children, psychosomatic diseases, psychology
- Эйдемиллер Э. г. Анализ семейных взаимоотношений [Eлектронний ресурс] / Э. г. Эйдемиллер, В. В. Юстицкис (АСВ)// Режим доступу: http://testoteka. narod. ru/dro/1/07. html.
- Bernal P. Psychosocial morbidity: the economic burden in a pediatric health maintenance organization sample [Text] / P. Ber- nal, D. B. Estroff, J. F. Aboudarham [et al.] /Arch. Pediatr. Adolesc. Med. – 2000. – № 154. – Р. 261 – 266.
- Gini G. Association Between Bullying and Psychosomatic Problems: A Meta-analysis [Text] / Gianluca Gini, Tiziana Pozzoli // Pediatrics. – 2009. – Vol. 123, № 3. – P. 1059-1065.
- Leeni T. Psychosomatic complaints in schoolchildren: a Nordic comparison [Text] / Leeni T. Berntsson, Lennart Kцehler, Jan- Eric Gustafsson // J. Public Health. – 2001. – Vol. 29, № 1. – P. 44 – 54.
- Luntamo T. Prevalence Changes of Pain, Sleep Problems and Fatigue Among 8-Year-Old Children: Years 1989, 1999, and 2005 [Text] / Terhi Luntamo, Andre Sourander, Pдivi Santalahti [et al.] // J. Pediatr. Psychol. – 2012. – Vol. 37, № 3. – P. 307 – 318.
- Silber T. Somatization Disorders: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prognosis [Text] / Tomas Jose Silbe // Pediatrics in Review – 2011. – Vol. 32, № 2. – P. 56-64.
- Vaughn I. Psychosomatic Disorders: The Approach [Text] / I. Vaughn, M. Rickert, Susan Jay / Pediatrics in Review. -1994. – Vol. 15, № 11. – P. 448-454 .
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 (106), 2014 year, 308-311 pages, index UDK 616-053. 463166303. 62-055. 52