FEATURES OF HLA-ANTIGENS AND THEIR ASSOCIATIVE CONNECTIONS WITH PRO-INFLAMMATORY CYTOKINES IN PATIENTS WITH GENERALIZED PERIODONTITIS
About the author:
Bandrіvsky Y. L., Bandrіvska N. N., Vіnogradova E. N.
Type of article:
The features of distribution of HLA-A, B of antigens are investigated in patients with general-ized periodontitis. It is determined that antigens A10, A11, B14, and B16 are associated with disease, and anti-gensofА2,В21,В35 are objectified as protectors. The association between the presence of some HLA-antigens in the phenotype and high levels of proinflammatory cytokines (TNF-, IL-18) is also observed. Propensity to disease can be related with a combination of different HLA (human leukocyte antigens), that are expressed in different locuses. HLA antigens system allows to the organism to recognize foreign antigens and re-move them that depends on the characteristics of phenotype, state of immunity, including the ability of cells for cy-tokine production. There is a row of mechanisms by means of that there are genes, controlling an immune answer, liability or stability of the disease is abled to control, including periodontal diseases. Pathogenesis of generalized periodontitis includes various reactions of cellular and humoral immunity on antigens and results with the forma-tion of cytotoxic lymphocytes, immune complexes and autoantibodies with the damage of tissues of paradonti-um. Therefore, the aim of the work was to determinate the features of distribution of HLA - A, B antigens in patients with generalized periodontitis and to find out of association of these antigens with the products of proinflammatory cytokines. Materials and research methods. 250 patients with generalized periodontitis (GP) and 120 persons with an intact paradontium were examined. HLA-phenotype was determined with using of standard lymphocytotoxic test method’s with using of the special panel of anti-HLA of serums. The concentration of TNF-, IL-18 cytokines in serum were determined by ELISA. Value of relative risk of disease (RR) for values of RR> 2, 0 was considered sig-nificant. The mathematical processing of statistical data with using the ВМР program, that focuses on the analysis of biomedical indicators was conducted. Results of research and their discussion. After the analysis of locus A in patients with generalized periodontitis the increase of frequency of HLA – А10 in 1,79 times and А11 in 3,5 times in comparing to control (р<0,05) was in-vestigated, with a decrease in the frequency of occurrence A2 (in 2. 5 times ). For locus B the increase of antigens of В14 and В16 – on 17,6 and 16,5 comparing to the control group was marked. HLA- antigens in patients with GP were rarely determined: B21 (3. 0 against 7. 4 in controls) and B35 (13. 5 against 23. 0 in controls). The obtained data allow to establish that HLA- antigens of A10, A11, B14, B16 in patients with GP are provocateurs and antigens of А2, В21, В35 are protectors. In furtherthere was conducted the analysis of associative connections between the products of HLA-phenotypes and high products of TNF -and IL- 18 in patients with GA, that showed that the high levels of proinflammatory cytokines in patients with GA associated with antigens – provocateurs, which may be an additional risk factor for patients with generalized periodontitis and contribute to the more difficult it current. Conclusions. The identified relationships between generalized periodontitis and features of the phenotype, as well as the association between HLA-antigens and high products of proinflammatory cytokines allow for identifying high-risk of this disease group, forecast its flow and use these markers for individualized approaches to therapy.
HLA-antigens, generalized periodontitis, cytokines
- Дранник Г. Н. Клиническая иммунология и аллергология / Г. Н. Дранник. – К. : ООО «Полиграф Плюс», 2010. – 552 с. 2. Зарецкая Ю. М. Клиническая иммуногенетика / Ю. М. Зарецкая. – М. : Медицина, 1983. – 208 с.
- Связь между антигенами системы HLA и различными заболеваниями [Электронный ресурс] / Связь между антигена-ми системы HLA и различными заболеваниями – Режим доступа: http:// www. vechnayamolodost. Ru/pages/poplem/ svjazmezha5b. html.
- Шабалов Н. П. Заболевания, ассоциированные с HLA-антигенами [Электронный ресурс] / Н. П. Шабалов – Режим до-ступа: http:// www. vechnayamolodost. Ru/pages/poplem/svjazmezha5b. html.
- Якушенко Е. В. Интерлейкин-18 и его роль в иммунном ответе / Е. В. Якушенко, Ю. А. Лопатникова, С. В. Сенников // Медицинская иммунология. – 2005. – Т. 7, №4. – С. 355-564.
- Al-Elise A. A. HLA DR alleles in Kuwaiti children with idiopathic nephritic syndrome / A. A. Al-Elise // Ped. Nephrol. – 2000. – Vol. 15 (1-2). – P. 79-81.
- Bodmer J. G. Nomenclature for factors of the HLA-system / J. G. Bodmer, S. G. E. Marsh, E. D. Albert [et al.] // Tissue Anti-gens. – 1994. – №44. – P. 1-18.
- Hart T. C. Genetic factors in the pathogenesis of periodontitis / T. C. Hart, K. C. Kornman // Periodontol. – 2000. – 1997 – Vol. 14. – P. 202-215.
- Johnson D. R. Locus-specific constitutive and cytokine-induced HLA class 1 gene expression / D. R. Johnson // J. Immunol.– 2003. – Vol. 170, №10. – P. 1894-1902.
- Okaga H. Cytokine expression in periodontal health and desease / H. O. Okaga, S. Murakami // Crit. Rev. Oral. Biol. Med. – 2008. – Vol. 9. – P. 248-266.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 part 1 (107), 2014 year, 062-065 pages, index UDK 616. 31-008. 6-036. 12-097