INTERACTION OF RHENIUM(III) CLUSTER COMPOUNDS WITH OLIGONUCLEOTIDES OF DIFFERENT COMPOSITION
About the author:
Polokhina K. V., Golichenko O. A., Shtemenko O. V., Shtemenko N. I.
Type of article:
According to previously obtained data about efficacy of the antineoplastic rhenium-platinum system, the study was performed on three structural types rhenium(III) cluster compounds interaction with 20-membered oligonucleotides that differed in content of AT- and GC- complementary base pairs, using the method of competitive complex formation with propidium iodide. It is shown that rhenium compounds are bound with oligonucleotides of both types more intensively than cisplatin; the binding process depending on the structure and ligands orientation around the cluster dirhenium fragment. The results obtained may be the base of the combination anticancer therapy including simultaneous administrations of a complex rhenium compound and cisplatin.
rhenium(III) cluster compounds, oligonucleotides, AT- and GC-complementary pairs of oligonucleotides, propidium iodide.
- Paramonova K, Golichenko A, Babiy S, Shtemenko A, Shtemenko N. The interaction of DNA with cluster rhenium compounds of different structural types. World of Med and Biol. 2016;56(2):140-4.
- Polokhina K, Golichenko A, Babiy S, Dzhumaniyazova O, Shtemenko A, Shtemenko N. Investigation of the interaction of cluster compounds of rhenium with biological active ligands with supercoiled DNA by electronic spectroscopy. Visnyk of Lviv University Biol series. 2016;72:15-24.
- Shtemenko NI, Chifotides HT, Domasevitch KV, Golichenko AA, Babiy SA, Li Z, et al. Synthesis, X-ray structure, interactions with DNA, remarkable in vivo tumor growth suppression and nephroprotective activity of cis-tetrachloro-dipivalato dirhenium(III). J Inorg Biochem. 2013;129:127-34. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jinorgbio.2013.09.001
- Shtemenko AV, Shtemenko NI. Rhenium–platinum antitumor systems. Ukr. Biochem. J. 2017;89(2):5-30. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15407/ ubj89.02.005
- Paramonova KV, Yehorova DYe, Klyuchivska OYu, Stoyka RS, Shtemenko NI. Vplyv liposomnykh form reniy-platyna protypukhlynnoyi systemy na antyproliferatyvnu aktyvnist rakovykh klityn. Visnyk DNU. Seriya «Biolohiya, ekolohiya». 2009;3:66-70. [in Ukrainian].
- Wang D, Lippard SJ. Cellular processing of platinum anticancer drugs. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2005;4(4):307-20. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1038/ nrd1691
- Jadhav VM, Valaske R, Maiti S. Interaction between 14mer DNA oligonucleotide and cationic surfactants of various chain lengths. J Phys Chem B. 2008;112(29):8824-31. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1021/jp8017452
- Jung Y, Lippard SJ. Direct cellular responses to platinum-induced DNA damage. Chem Rev. 2007;107(5):1387-407. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1021/ cr068207j
- Todd RC, Lippard SJ. Inhibition of transcription by platinum antitumor compounds. Metallomics. 2009;1(4):280-91. DOI: http://doi. org/10.1039/b907567d
- Shtemenko AV, Collery P, Shtemenko NI, Domasevitch KV, Zabitskaya ED, Golichenko AA. Synthesis, characterization, in vivo antitumor properties of the cluster rhenium compound with GABA ligands and its synergism with cisplatin. Dalton Trans. 2009;26:5132-6. DOI: http://doi. org/10.1039/b821041a
- Eastman A. Reevaluation of interaction of cis-dichloro(ethylenediamine)platinum(II) with DNA. Biochemistry. 1986;25(13):3912-5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/bi00361a026
- Meier-Menches SM, Gerner C, Berger W, Hartinger CG, Keppler BK. Structure-activity relationships for ruthenium and osmium anticancer agents – towards clinical development. Chem Soc Rev. 2018;47(3):909-28. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/c7cs00332c
- Balasubramanian S, Neidle S. G-quadruplex nucleic acids as therapeutic targets. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2009;13(3):345-53. DOI: https://doi. org/10.1016/j.cbpa.2009.04.637
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 (155), 2020 year, 72-75 pages, index UDK 577.113.4:546.719