AGE-SPECIFIC FEATURES OF THE DYNAMICS OF FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR 19 CONTENT IN PATIENTS WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES AND BILIARY PATHOLOGY
About the author:
Tymoshenko G. Yu.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Nowadays, at the background of the increase of age-associated diseases, there is an increase in the population over the age of 40 who have prerequisite for the development of diseases with metabolic shifts. There has been a significant increase in the number of people with a genetic predisposition to diabetes, patients with obesity, sedentary lifestyles, chronic stress, smoking and alcohol consumption. Metabolic disorders that occur in patients with diabetes, as well as involvement in the process of the vascular system provides for a multiogran nature of the disease and contributes to the development of complications. The presence of metabolic disorders and changes in the biliary system work has a negative effect on the serum content of fibroblast growth factor (FGF-19). Interesting is the question of changes in the content of FGF-19 with the age in patients with metabolic disorders that justifies the need for further research in this direction. The aim of the study was to evaluate age-related dynamics of serum FGF-19 content in patients with type 2 diabetes assuming the presence of concomitant chronic cholecystitis. 95 patients were examined at the Regional Clinical Hospital. The first group consisted of 62 patients with a combined course of type 2 diabetes and chronic cholecystitis, the second group consisted of 33 patients with isolated type 2 diabetes. Patients of both groups were divided into subgroups according to the age. The control group consisted of 20 healthy donors. The groups were matched according to the age and gender. The duration of type 2 diabetes ranged from 1 to 19 years. Determination of FGF-19 level was carried out by enzyme-linked immunosorbent method («BioVendor» reagent kit, Czech Republic). The obtained data indicate that patients with type 2 diabetes and with its comorbidity with chronic cholecystitis tend to have a decrease in serum FGF-19 content and there is some dependence of this indicator on the age of patients: the increase in the age category of patients is accompanied by a probable decrease in the content of this protein. A combination of type 2 diabetes and chronic cholecystitis revealed a more negative effect of nosologies on the content of FGF-19 compared to the isolated course of type 2 diabetes, which is the result of additional negative involvement of bile acids in the pathological process.
type 2 diabetes mellitus, chronic cholecystitis, fibroblast growth factor 19, age.
- Naumova VN, Maslak EE. Sakharny`j diabet i stomatologicheskoe zdorov`e: problemy diagnostiki i lecheniya paczientov stomatologicheskikh klinik. Prakticheskaya mediczina. 2013;4(72):10-4. [in Russian].
- Vdovychenko VI, Bychkov MA, Ostrohliad AV. Urazhennia travnoho kanalu u khvorykh na tsukrovyi diabet 2 typu. Simeina medytsyna. 2014;6:92-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Chen L, Peng YT, Chen FL. Epidemiology, management and economic evaluation of screening of gallstone disease among type 2 diabetics: a systematic review. World J. Clin. Cases. 2015;16(3):599-606.
- Davis TM, Drinkwater JJ, Fegan PG, Chikkaveerappa K, Sillars B, Davis WA. Community-based management of complex type 2 diabetes: Adaptation of an integrated model of care in a general practice setting. Intern Med J. 2019;97(5):1581-8.
- Wang Y, Qi M, Qin C, Hong J. Role of the biliary microbiome in gallstone disease. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018;12(12):1193-205.
- Liu CM, Hsu CT, Li CY, Chen CC, Liu ML, Liu JH. A population-based cohort study of symptomatic gallstone disease in diabetic patients. World J. Gastroenterol. 2012;18(14):1652-9.
- Skvorczova TE, Sitkin SI, Radchenko VG, Seliverstov PV, Tkachenko EI. Zhelchnokamennaya bolezn. Sovremennye podkhody k diagnostike, lecheniyu i profilaktike: posobie dlya vrachej. M.: Forte print; 2013. 32 s. [in Russian].
- Zhang Z, Tian J, Liao Q. The analysis of expression of CCK and IP3 receptors in gallstones patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Hepatogastroenterology. 2014;61(136):2173-6.
- Pesoczkaya LA, Lukyanenko AA, Kulkina EA. Osobennosti porazheniya organov pishhevareniya pri sakharnom diabete. Klinichna ta eksperymentalna medytsyna. 2013;1(99):149-53. [in Russian].
- Zhang ZH, Qin CK, Wu SD. Roles of sphincter of Oddi motility and serum vasoactive intestinal peptide, gastrin and cholecystokinin octapeptide. World J. Gastroenterol. 2014;20:4730-6.
- Vakhrushev YaM, Lukashevich AP. Osobennosti narushenij pishhevareniya, vsasyvaniya i mikrobioczenoza v kishechnike u bolnykh zhelchnokamennoj boleznyu. Terap. arkhiv. 2017;2:28-32. [in Russian].
- Sodhi JS, Zargar SA, Khateeb S. Prevalence of gallstone disease in patients with type 2 diabetes and the risk factors in North Indian population: a case control study. Indian J. Gastroenterol. 2014;33(6):507-11.
- Grigoreva IN, Ragino YuI, Romanova TI. Epidemiologiya i komorbidnost arterialnoj gipertenzii i zhelchnokamennoj bolezni. Rossijskij kardiologicheskij zhurnal. 2019;6:143-8. [in Russian].
- Zhuravlova LV, Moiseienko TA. Funktsionalnyi stan zhovchnoho mikhura i zhovchovyvidnykh shliakhiv u khvorykh na tsukrovyi diabet 2 typu z ozhyrinniam ta bez noho. Liky Ukrainy. 2011;10:103-8. [in Ukrainian].
- Jain A, Paranjape S. Prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus in elderly in a primary care facility: An ideal facility. Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism. 2013;17:318.
- Tkachenko VI. Proekt unifikovanoho klinichnoho protokolu vedennia tsukrovoho diabetu 2-ho typu na etapi pervynnoi medychnoi dopomohy (vidpovidno do mizhnarodnykh rekomendatsii, isnuiuchykh na 2012 rik). Liky Ukrainy. 2012;6(162):51-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Unifikovanyi klinichnyi protokol pervynnoi ta vtorynnoi (spetsializovanoi) medychnoi dopomohy: tsukrovyi diabet 2 typu (nakaz MOZ № 1118 vid 21.12.2012 r.). 115 s. [in Ukrainian].
- American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care in diabetes – 2016. Diabetes Care. 2016;39(1):1-109.
- Wu X, Ge H, Baribault H, Gupte J, Weiszmann J, Lemon B, et al. Dual actions of fibroblast growth factor 19 on lipid metabolism. J Lipid Res. 2013;54(2):325-32.
- Appleby RN, Moghul I, Khan S, Yee M, Manousou P, Neal TD, et al. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is associated with dysregulated bile acid synthesis and diarrhea: A prospective observational study. PLoS ONE. 2019;14(1):e0211348.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 (155), 2020 year, 204-207 pages, index UDK [616.379-008.64:616.366]-053-078:57.083.3