INFORMATIVITY OF RADIATION METHODS IN DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSTICS OF FOCAL LIVER LESIONS
About the author:
Najafova V. N.
METHODS AND METHODOLOGIES
Type of article:
The purpose of research. To identify in a comparative aspect the features of visualization of liver formations by various methods of radiation diagnostics against the background of metabolic disorders. Object and methods. Patients underwent the following instrumental studies: magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), and ultrasound (ultrasound). A total of 124 studies on liver cysts were performed. In 53 patients, cysts were detected on the background of fatty liver. The results of research. During the study, 51 patients were examined according to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with liver cysts, among which 30 patients had cysts on the background of metabolic disorders, and in 21 patients such disorders were not diagnosed. According to ultrasound, single cysts were more often detected against the background of overweight and fatty degeneration than with normal liver (75.0% and 64.3%, respectively). The largest number of cysts using MRI was found in the right lobe of the liver in the control and in the main group (against the background of an unchanged liver – in 60%, against metabolic disorders and fatty liver – in 57.1% of patients). Conclusions. Differential diagnostic criteria for imaging methods of cysts, the number of foci and their detection in various lobes of the liver change in the presence of metabolic disorders.MRI, CT and ultrasound have different informational content in identifying cysts in various segments of the liver. The presence of metabolic disorders of the liver adversely affects the visualization of the focus and the information content of the technique. By systematizing the differential diagnostic criteria for liver cysts, the advantages of MRI and CT in the detection of cystic formations in the right lobe of the liver are established. To detect cysts in the left lobe of the liver against the background of fatty degeneration, the most informative were MRI and ultrasound.
liver, cyst, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography.
- Kapshitar’ AV. Neparazitarnye kisty pecheni: diagnostika i hirurgicheskoe lechenie. Ukrains’kij zhurnal hіrurgіi. 2014;2:83-7. [in Russiаn].
- Golfieri R, Garzillo G, Ascanio S, Renzulli M. Focal lesions in the cirrhotic liver: their pivotal role in gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRI and recognition by the Western guidelines. Dig Dis. 2014;32(6):696-704.
- Usjakij PV, Kubyshkin VA, Vishnevskij VA, Kovalenko JuA, Karel’skaja NA, Kalinin DV, i dr. Mucinoznye kistoznye opuholi pecheni – diagnostika i hirurgicheskoe lechenie. Hirurgija. Zhurnal im. N.I. Pirogova. 2016;10:27-40. [in Russiаn].
- Strauss E, Ferreira Ade S, França AV, Lyra AC, Barros FM, Silva I, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of benign liver nodules: Brazilian Society of Hepatology (SBH) recommendations. Arq Gastroenterol. 2015 Dec;52(1):47-54.
- Vishnjakova NM, Kal’nickij SA. Analiz apparaturnogo obespechenija rentgenovskoj diagnostiki v Rossijskoj Federacii. Radiacionnaja gigiena. 2010;3(2):33-8. [in Russiаn].
- Kim HJ, Yu ES, Byun JH, Hong SM, Kim KW, Lee JS, Kim SY. CT differentiation of mucin-producing cystic neoplasms of the liver from solitary bile duct cysts. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014 Jan;202(1):83-91.
- Danzanova TJu, Sinjukova GT, Gudilina EA, Sholohov VN, Lepjedatu PI, Kostjakova LA, i dr. Znachenie ul’trazvukovoj diagnostiki metastaticheskogo porazhenija pecheni v opredelenii taktiki hirurgicheskogo lechenija. Rossijskij onkologicheskij zhurnal. 2015;20(3):23-7. [in Russiаn].
- Taguchi H, Tamai T, Numata M, Maeda H, Ohshige A, Iwaya H, et al. Endoscopic ultrasonography-guided transmural drainage of an infected hepatic cyst due to Edwardsiella tarda: a case report. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2014 Oct;7(5):422-8.
- Akchurina JeD, Mershina EA, Sinicyn VE. Diffuzionno-vzveshennye izobrazhenija pri ochagovoj patologii pecheni. Medicinskaja vizualizacija. 2011;2:19-25. [in Russiаn].
- Dudarev VA, Fokin DV, Dudarev AA. Rol’ luchevyh metodov diagnostiki ochagovyh porazhenij pecheni. Mezhdunarodnyj zhurnal jeksperimental’nogo obrazovanija. 2015;11:74-6. [in Russiаn].
- Romanova KA. Analiz sovremennyh vozmozhnostej MRT-diagnostiki ochagovyh obrazovanij v pecheni. Rossijskij onkologicheskij zhurnal. 2015;20(1):47-54. [in Russiаn].
- Cho JY, Lee YJ, Han HS, Yoon YS, Kim J, Choi Y, et al. Role of gadoxetic acid-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in the preoperative evaluation of small hepaticlesions in patients with colorectal cancer. World J Surg. 2015 May;39(5):1161-6.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 (155), 2020 year, 251-255 pages, index UDK 616.36–033.2–073.75