MORPHOMETRIC CHANGES IN THE STRUCTURES OF THE TESTIS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF RUBOMYCIN HYDROCHLORIDE
About the author:
Konovalenko S. O., Tatarchuk L. V., Hnatjuk M. S.
Type of article:
Rubomycin hydrochloride is an antitumor antibiotic with a pronounced cytotoxic effect, the use of which leads to various disorders in all systems of the body. The structure of the testes when exposed to rubomycin hydrochloride has not been studied. The purpose of the research – morphometrically study the morphological changes in the structures of the testes under the influence of rubomycin hydrochloride. Object and methods. The testes of 30 laboratory mature white male rats morphometrically examined which divided into 2 groups. The first group consisted of 15 animals that were in normal vivarium conditions, the 2 – consisted 15 rats, who were administered intraperitoneally with rubomycin hydrochloride at a dose of 30 mg/kg. Euthanasia of experimental animals was performed by bloodletting under thiopental anaesthesia a month after the start of the experiment. From the testes were made histological micropreparations. Morphometrically, the testicular micropreparates was used to determine the diameter of the tubules, the thickness of their walls, the number of cells of the epithelio-spermatogenic layer in the tubule, the number of Sertoli cells per tubule, the tubulo-interstitial index, the stromal-parenchymal ratio, the Leidig’s index, the index intensity of spermatogenesis. Morphometric parameters were processed statistically. Results and discussion. It was found that, under simulated pathology, the diameter of the testicles tubules decreased by 9.2%, the tubulo-interstitial index – by 8.5% (р˂0.001), and the number of Sertoli cells in one seminiferous duct – by 4.8% (p <0.01), the number of cells of the epithelio-spermatogenic is 9.1% (p˂0.001) compared to the control. The wall thickness of the tubules increased by 9.0% (p <0.001), the stromal-parenchymal ratio in the testes – by 10.2%, the Leydig’s index – by 22.6% (р0.001). The intensity index of spermatogenesis under the influence of rubomycin hydrochloride decreased by 3.1% (p<0.05), compared with the control. Obtained morphometric parameters indicate that the introduction into the body of experimental animals rubomycin hydrochloride leads to a decrease in the diameter of the tubules and the thickening of their walls, where optically sclerosis was noted. Histological examination of the testes of the 2nd group of observations showed enlargement and plethora of mainly venous vessels. Dilation, plethora, stasis, sometimes thrombosis, varicose veins, sacculation, perivascular edema, sclerosis, foci of diapedesis hemorrhages were found in the venous vessels of the hemomicrocirculatory bed of the testes. The dominant venous plethora is complicated by hypoxia, in which the transport of oxygen to cells is impaired, energy synthesis is reduced, functional and metabolic disorders occur, which significantly affect the vital function of the structures of the testes. The latter is confirmed by the presence of dystrophy, necrobiosis of cells and tissues of the investigated organ, infiltrative, sclerotic processes. Significant changes in the interstitial, endocrine and spermatogenic components of the test organ.
rubomycin hydrochloride, testis, morphometry.
- Povoroznyuk MV. Poshyrenistʹ ta osnovni prychyny bezpliddya u cholovikiv. Medytsynskye aspekty zdorovʹya muzhchyny. 2012;3(5):62-73. [in Ukrainian].
- Konovalenko SO, Hnatiuk MS, Yasinovskyi OB, Tatarchuk LV. Morphometric analysis of peculiarities of the testicular arteries remodeling under the influence of rubomycin hydrochloride. Polish science journal. 2019;11:77-83.
- Burbela AT, Shabrov FV, Denisenko PP. Sovremennyye lekarstvennyye sredstva. Moskva: Olma-Press; 2003. 862 s. [in Russiаn].
- Bazalitskaya SV, Gorpinenko II, Romanenko AM. Diagnosticheskiye metody i kriterii otsenki biopsiynogo materiala pri muzhskom besplodii. Zdorov’ye muzhchiny. 2004;3:216-21. [in Russiаn].
- Hrytsulyak BV, Spasʹka AM, Hrytsulyak VB. Orkhoepidydymit. Ivano-Frankivsʹk: Prykarpat·sʹkyy natsionalʹnyy universytet. 2010. 188 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Horalʹsʹkyy LP, Khomych VT, Kononskyy OI. Osnovy histolohichnoyi tekhniky i morfofunktsionalni metody doslidzhen u normi i pry patolohiyi. Zhytomyr: Polissya; 2011. 288 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Avtandilov HH. Osnovy kolichiestviennoi patologii. Moskva: Medicyna; 2002. 240 s. [in Russian].
- Lapach SN, Gubienko AV, Babich PN. Statistichieskiye metody v miediko-biologichieskikh issliedovaniyakh Excell. Kyiv: Morion; 2001. 410 s. [in Russiаn].
- Reznikov OH. Zahalʹni etychni pryntsypy eksperymentiv na tvarynakh. Endokrynolohiya. 2003;8(1):142-5. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 (155), 2020 year, 301-303 pages, index UDK [611.631-612.616+616.981]: 612273.2