FEATURES MANUFACTURER SUBSEQUENT RESECTION PROSTHESIS OF THE UPPER JAW WITH A SMALL NUMBER OF THE ABUTMENT TEETH
About the author:
Belikov O. B., Belikova N. I., Vatamaniuk N. V.
Type of article:
Rehabilitation of patients after surgery for resection of the upper jaw is held in different directions. In the postoperative period, patients made replacement resection prostheses, but their fixation is only effective when a sufficient number of retaining teeth in the upper jaw. The goal is to improve the quality of rehabilitation of maxillofacial patients single-sided maxillary resection with a small number of abutment teeth due to the optimization of the subsequent prosthetics. Object and methods. The basis of the work is the results, examinations and treatment of 113 patients operated on in the maxillofacial region who made orthopedic maxillofacial prostheses at the Department of Orthopedic Dentistry. A retrospective analysis of the medical documentation of 37 patients with defects of the upper jaw after unilateral resection, undergoing treatment, as well as clinical observation was performed. Alternatively, the design of the replacement prosthesis in patients with unilateral resection of the upper jaw and a small amount of abutment teeth, we proposed our implementation on the basis of extracts from the history of the disease. Result. The prosthetic result has been achieved free and painless application of the prosthesis in postoperative defect, denture base accurately adjoined to the mucosa of the prosthetic bed tissues, remaining natural teeth and to all areas hold the locking element in the correct position relative to the line of sight of the tooth and towards alveolar process. When drinking liquid and liquid food, when the head was tilted down, the liquid did not penetrate through the nasal openings, and when the cheeks were inflated, the air did not penetrate the prosthesis. In the process of adaptation to the prosthesis, which according to our observations lasted 24-30 days, the patient underwent 2 corrections, both in the area of occlusal contacts of artificial teeth.Conclusion. Thus, taking into account all topographic and anatomical features in the field of prosthetics, a thorough study of the compliance of the mucous membrane and scar tissue, paralleling mandatory in the planning of denture construction and method of introduction, made it possible to achieve a rational designing of the prosthesis and restore the functions of breathing, chewing, swallowing and speech.
unilateral resection of the upper jaw, beam fixation system, telescopic fixation, paralleling, rehabilitation.
- Zhulev EN, Yakunina AV, Kochubejnikov AV, Matrosova ES. Ortopedicheskaya reabilitaciya pri oronozalnom soobshchenii posle rezekcii verhnej chelyusti. Nauchnyj posyl vysshej shkoly realnye dostizheniya prakticheskogo zdravoohraneniya. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov posvyashchennyj 30 letiyu stomatologicheskogo fakulteta Privolzhskogo issledovatelskogo medicinskogo universiteta. Nizhnij Novgorod. Vypusk 1 Pod obshchej redakciej dmn Uspenskoj OA, kmn Kochubejnik AV. N Novgorod: Izdvo Remedium Privolzhe; 2018. s. 370-7. [in Russian].
- Epifanov SA, Polyakov AP, Mordovskij AV, Dorohin DV, Matorin OV, Rebrikova IV, Vereshchagin NV. Udalenie opuholi verhnej chelyusti s odnomomentnoj ustanovkoj vnutrikostnyh skulovyh implantatov. Opuholi golovy i shei. 2019;9(2):88-94. [in Russian].
- Levandovskij RA. Viddaleni rezultati protezuvannya hvorih iz rezekciyeyu verhnoyi shelepi intelektualno-aktivnoyu rezekcijnoyu aparaturoyu. Visnik problem biologiyi i medicini. 2018;1:364-7. DOI: 10.29254/2077-4214-2018-1-1-142-364-7 [in Ukrainian].
- Prithviraj DR, Vashisht R, Bhalla HK. From maxilla to zygoma: a review on zygomatic implants. J. Dent Implant. 2014;4:44-7.
- Covani U. Immediate rehabilitation of completely edentulous jaws with fixed prostheses supported by implants placed into fresh extraction sockets and in healed sites: a 4-year clinical evaluation. Implant dentistry. 2012;21.4:272.
- Kuznecov AYu. Aktualnost protezirovaniya chastichno semnymi protezami pri priobretennyh defektah verhnej chelyusti. Nauchnoe obozrenie Medicinskie nauki. 2017;3:43-6. Dostupno: https://science-medicine.ru/ru/article/view?id=993 Data obrashcheniya 31012019 [in Russian].
- Khan Wahid. Implantable medical devices. In: Focal controlled drug delivery. Springer, Boston, MA; 2014. р. 33.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 (155), 2020 year, 351-354 pages, index UDK 616.314-76