QUALITY OF LIFE IN PATIENTS WITH NON-ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASE WITH ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION
About the author:
Pivtorak K. V.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Ischemic heart disease and arterial hypertension are aggravating the course of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in terms of both physical and psychosocial health. Endothelial dysfunction (ED) is considered as a predictor of cardiovascular disease and one of the diagnostic criteria for early detection of atherosclerotic vascular lesions. The purpose of the studyis to evaluate the effect of endothelial dysfunction on the quality of life in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Object and methods.223 patients with NAFLD were examined. All subjects were divided into 6 groups. 32 patients (20 men and 12 women), representative of their age, family status, and education were examined for comparative analysis of patients with NAFLD. The study of ED was performed by measuring endothelium-dependent vasodilatation in the shoulder artery (D. S. Celermajer, 1992). The verification of the diagnosis of NAFLD was performed in accordance with the recommendations of the unified clinical protocol. The quality of life was assessed by the questionnaire nonspecific for any disease, which reflects changes in the somatic, mental and social state of patients. The Medical Outcomes Study Short Form 36 questionnaire «MOS SF-36»was used. Results and discussion.Quality of life in patients with NAFLD was significantly lower than in healthy individuals, according to all indicators (scales) of the questionnaire. Сomparing the quality of life of patients with NAFLD with the presence of ED and patients with NAFLD without ED, statistically significant lower values (P <0.05) were found concerning physical functioning, role-based functioning, caused by physical condition, general health status, vital activity, social functioning, role-playing, caused by the emotional state and mental health. Conclusions.The quality of life of patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is reduced in comparison with the quality of life of healthy individuals. The analysis shows that quality of life was most reduced in patients with liver cirrhosis. The presence of ED significantly reduces the quality of life in all stages of NAFLD.
non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, endothelial dysfunction, quality of life
- Afanas’yeva EV. Otsenka kachestva zhizni, svyazannogo so zdorov’yem. Kachestvennaya klinicheskaya praktika. 2010;1:36-8. [in Russiаn].
- Ivachevska VV, Chopei IV. Otsinka yakosti zhyttia patsiientiv iz poiednanym perebihom nealkoholnoi zhyrovoi khvoroby pechinky ta stabilnymy formamy ishemichnoi khvoroby sertsia. Hastroenterolohiia. 2014 Ver 18;3(53):35-7. [in Ukrainian].
- Mashura HIu, Hanych TM. Yakist zhyttia khvorykh na nealkoholnu zhyrovu khvorobu pechinky v poiednanni z hipertonichnoiu khvoroboiu. Lvivskyi klinichnyi visnyk. 2015; 2(10)-3(11):51-4. [in Ukrainian].
- Novik AA, Matveev SA, Ionova TI. Otsenka kachestva zhizni bol’nogo v meditsine. Klinicheskaya meditsina. 2000;2:10-3. [in Russiаn].
- Skrypnyk IM, Shcherbak OV, Maslova HS. Vplyv nealkoholnoho steatohepatytu na kharakter perebihu ta prohresuvannia ishemichnoi khvoroby sertsia. Wiadomości Lekarskie. 2017 Kvit 20;70(2):236-40.[in Ukrainian].
- Stepanov YuM, Zyhalo EV. Analiz doslidzhen yakosti zhyttia u khvorykh na khronichni dyfuzni zapalni zakhvoriuvannia pechinky. Hastroenterolohiia. 2012;46:414-24.[in Ukrainian].
- Tsyntar TP, Fediv OI, Stupnytska HIa, Hluhovska SV. Endotelialna dysfunktsiia ta morfofunktsionalni vlastyvosti erytrotsytiv pry nealkoholnomu steatohepatyti, poiednanomu z khronichnym obstruktyvnym zakhvoriuvanniam lehen, u khvorykh na ozhyrinnia. Mizhnarodnyi endokrynolohichnyi zhurnal. 2017 Zhovt;13(6):415-9. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22141/2224-07188.8.131.527.112881[in Ukrainian].
- Cai J, Zhang Sh, Huang W. Association between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and carotid atherosclerosis: a meta-analysis. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015 May 15;8(5):7673-8.
- Karbasi-Afshar R, Saburi A, Khedmat H. Cardiovascular Disorders in the Context of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: A Literature Review. J Teh Univ Heart Ctr. 2014 Jan 12;9(1):1-8.
- Pasarín M, La Mura V, Gracia-Sancho J. Sinusoidal Endothelial Dysfunction Precedes Inflammation and Fibrosis in a Model of NAFLD PLoS One. 2012 Apr 3;7(4):e32785.
- Villanova N, Moscatiello S, Ramilli S, Bugianesi E, Magalotti D, Vanni E, et al. Endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular risk profile in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Hepatology. 2005 Aug;42(2):473-80.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 1 (142), 2018 year, 152-155 pages, index UDK 616.36-003.826:616.36-004.2