VALUE OF THE REHABILITATION POTENTIAL OF THE FAMILY IN REHABILITATION, SOCIALIZATION OF CHILDREN BORN PREMATURELY WITH VERY LOW OR EXTREME LOW BODY WEIGHT
About the author:
Boyarska L. N., Velykanova T. V., Podlyanova O. I.
SOCIAL MEDICINE AND ORGANIZATION OF HEALTHCARE PROTECTION
Type of article:
The effectiveness of early rehabilitation programs aimed at the formation of proper psychomotor development and the achievement of a high level of social adaptation of prematurely born children depends on the active participation of parents. Formed and fixed in-home relations at home will promote the proper development of the child on the one hand, and on the other hand, reduce parental stress and depression and increase parent’s self-esteem. The purpose of our workwas to study the influence of the parent factor on the effectiveness of rehabilitation of children born with CBLB and CBELB during the first three years of life. Object and methods.Under the cathemistic observation, during the first 3 years of life, there were 70 children who were born with ENMT and DNMT, and were undergoing rehabilitation in a specialized center (OCSSR, 32 children) or a policlinic (CPMPD, 38 children). A survey was conducted on parents of 32 children: from the OCSRP 22 (1 group) and from the CPMPD 10 families (2 groups) according to the questionnaire we compiled. Results.By the age of three, 40.9% of the parents of the 1st group assessed her condition as “good”, 31.8% – “very good”, 27.3% – “excellent”. In group 2, 30% determined the condition of the child as “satisfactory”, 70% – “bad”. During the year, the condition has improved for all children in group 1, and only in 40% of the 2nd group. 73.1%. The parents of group 1 assessed the effectiveness of rehabilitation measures as “excellent” and “very good”, and only 40% of parents in group 2 were “very good”. Most of the parents of the 1 st group defined the recommendations of specialists during the rehabilitation as “very important” (95.5% vs. 60% in group 2) and believed that the health status of the child did not affect family relationships (77.3% vs. 20.0% in group 2) and relationships with friends and colleagues (72.7% vs. 10.0% in group 2). 63.7% of parents in group 1 did not consider that the child became the cause of their emotional burnout (compared to 30% in group 2). Equally, in both groups, the birth and further outing of a child from DNMT and ENMT significantly reduced the time spent by parents on different types of activities and their hobbies, which led to various problems with family “schoolbuilding”. Conclusions.Modern rehab programs for premature babies differ in composition, intensity and impact on the rehabilitation potential of the family. The questionnaire designed to evaluate the effectiveness of catamnestic surveillance in outpatient settings is an important objective method for determining the dynamics of the state of children’s health and the reaction of the family on the need to care for a premature baby. Professional support and interaction with a team of specialists in the conditions of a specialized center greatly enhances the rehabilitation potential of the family, significantly increases the positive dynamics of child health compared with rehabilitation under the conditions of the CPDS.
premature babies, catamnesis, questionnaires of parents, rehabilitation potential of the family
- Martynyuk VYu. Sotsialʹna pediatriya v Ukrayini: kontseptsiya, zavdannya, perspektyvy. Zdorovʺya Ukrayiny. 2011;1(16):10-11. [in Ukrainian].
- Pro zatverdzhennya unifikovanoho klinichnoho protokolu medychnoyi dopomohy ta medychnoyi reabilitatsiyi, rozroblenyy na osnovi adaptovanykh klinichnykh nastanov «Tserebralʹnyy paralich ta inshi orhanichni urazhennya holovnoho mozku u ditey, yaki suprovodzhuyutʹsya rukhovymy porushennyamy»: Nakaz MOZ Ukrayiny № 286 vid 09.04.2013 r. [Internet]. Dostupno: http://www.moz.gov.ua.[in Ukrainian].
- Kaaresen PI, Rоnning JA, Ulvund SE, Dahl LB. A randomized, controlled trial of the effectiveness of an early-intervention program in reducing parenting stress after preterm birth. Pediatrics. 2006 Jul;118(1):9-19.
- Korja R, Latva R, Lehtonen L. The effects of preterm birth on mother-infant interaction and attachment during the infant’s first two years. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand.2012 Feb;91(2):164-73.
- LandsemIP, HandegårdBH, UlvundSE, Kaaresen PI, RønningJA.Early intervention influences positively quality of life as reported by prematurely born children at age nine and their parents; a randomized clinical trial. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2015;13(1):25.
- Pinell J, SaigalS, Yow-Wu Bill Wuet al. Patterns of change in family functioning, resources, coping and parental depression in mothers and fathers of sick newborns over the first year of life. Journal of Neonatal Nursing. 2008 Oct;14(5):156-65.
- Schappin R, Wijnroks L, Uniken Venema MM, Jongmans MJ. Rethinking stress in parents of preterm infants: a meta-analysis. PLoS One.2013;8(2):54992.
- Tommiska V, Ostberg M, Fellman V. Parental stress in families of 2 year old extremely low birthweight infants. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed.2002 May;86(3):161-4.
- Tooten A, Hall RA, Hoffenkamp HN, Braeken J, Vingerhoets AJ, van Bakel HJ. Maternal and paternal infant representations: a comparison between parents of term and preterm infants. Infant Behavior and Development. 2014 Aug;37(3):366-79.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 1 (142), 2018 year, 316-321 pages, index UDK 616-036.82/.85+316.61]-053.32-056.253:316.614.5