LOCAL ANTIBACTERIAL THERAPY AS A CONSTITUENT PART OF INFLAMMATORY DISEASES TREATMENT OF THE NASAL CAVITY AND PARANASAL SINUSIS
About the author:
Dieieva Yu. V., Bezshapochnyi S. B.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Objective: we study the efficacy of local antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs on the inflammatory diseases flowing of the upper part of respiratory tract. The object and methods of research. Adult patients with inflammatory pathology of the main, maxillary sinus and children with established diagnoses, acute rhinosinitis and adenoiditis were involved in the study. Data was collected through a survey, video endoscopy and CT. After which the statistical analysis was carried out. Results. In patients treated with nasal spray of Polydex with Phenylephrine, the feeling of nasal congestion from the fourth day of treatment was significantly less than in the control group. After collecting data on the sensation of nasal discharge at 1, 2, 4, 8, and 10 days of treatment (according to VAS) is turned out that the intensity of this complaint began to decrease on the 4th day of treatment. In group A, this process was more pronounced than in group B. Patients who used only physiological sodium chloride solution as washing the nasal cavity had a more intense sensation of discharge from the nasal cavity until it disappeared completely on the 10th day of treatment. These indicators of the children studied also had a similar characteristic. When comparing the study group, where within 10 days, the drug Izofra was used as a local antibacterial therapy and the control group, in which the children were given a nasal wash with 0.9% sodium chloride solution. The feeling of nasal congestion and nasal discharge in the main group of the study, starting from the fourth day of treatment, is slightly less intensive than in the control group. Conclusions. Polidex sprays with Phenylephrine and Isofra work effectively. The treatment of inflammatory diseases of the nose and paranasal sinusis, such as acute rhinosinusitis, acute adenoiditis, in both: children and adults. Local use of antibacterial drugs helps to accumulate their maximum concentration in the inflammation, minimal systemic effects, and certainly reduces the risk of unwanted and side reactions, does not lead to disruption of the normal microflora of the mucous membranes of the body.
local antibiotic therapy, rhinosinusitis, sphenoiditis, adenoiditis
- Gwaltney JM. The common cold. In: Mandell GL, Bennet JE, Dolin R, editors. Principles and practice of infectious diseases. New York: Churchill Livingstone; 1995. p. 809-15.
- Yakovlev SV. Ratsionalnaya antibakterialnaya terapiya infektsiy verkhnikh dykhatelnykh putey: znacheniye sistemnykh i mestnykh antibiotikov. Cons. Md. 2007;3:16-22. [in Russian].
- Snow V, Gonzales R. Principles of appropriate antibiotic use for treatment of nonspecific upper respiratory tract infections in adults. Ann Intern Med. 2001;134(6):490-4.
- Polideksa z fenilefrynom sprey nazal. fl. 15 ml, nakaz MOZ 106 vid 14.03.2005, instruktsiya dlya medychnoho zastosuvannya preparatu. [in Ukrainian].
- Vilyam F. Ganong. Fiziolohiya lyudyny: pidruchnyk. Pereklad z anhl. nauk. red. perekladu Hzhehovskyy M, Shevchuk V, Zayachkivska O. Lviv: BaK; 2002. s. 625-7. [in Ukrainian].
- Nakaz Ministerstva okhorony zdorovya Ukrayiny № 868 vid 10.05.2018. Derzhavnyy formulyar likarskykh zasobiv. [in Ukrainian].
- Izofra sprey nazal., r-n 8000 MO/ml fl. z rozpylyuvachem 15 ml, u kart. korobtsi, № 1. Zatverdzheno MOZ Ukrayiny vid 2016-10-31 r. № 1155. R. p. № UA/2830/01/01. Instruktsiya dlya medychnoho zastosuvannya preparatu. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 1 (148), 2019 year, 106-111 pages, index UDK 616.211-002.153