MEDICO-SOCIAL PORTRAIT OF PREGNANT WITH OBESITY
About the author:
Tagiyeva F. A.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
The aim of the study was to analyze the indicators of medical and social status of pregnant women with obesity. Methods. The material of the study was the results of a retrospective analysis of the birth histories of 205 pregnant women and specially designed questionnaires containing questions on social and living conditions, material conditions, family status, professional characteristics, obstetric and gynecological and somatic history. All examined were divided into two groups. The main group consisted of 125 women with abdominal obesity diagnosed before pregnancy, of which 25 (20.0%) had I degree of obesity, 56 (44.8%) – II degree, 44 (35.2%) – III degree of obesity. In order to diagnose obesity in pregnant women, the body mass index in the first trimester was taken into account. The control group consisted of 80 women who had a normal body mass index before pregnancy. Results. The analysis of the age parameters of the examined patients revealed that the average age of pregnant women with obesity was 29.0±0.44 years, and in women of the control group – 25.7±0.47 years (p<0.05). In the group with obesity, women under 20 years were 3.2% (n=4), at the age of 20-29 years – 53.6% (n=57), from 30 to 34 years – 30.4% (n=38), at the age of 35 to 39 years – 12.8% (n=16). In the group with obesity, there were more patients aged 30-34 years compared with the control group (30.4% and 11.3%, respectively) (p<0.05). Among women with obesity, 12 (9.6%) of them began to increase their body weight in childhood, 67 (53.6%) – during puberty, 46 (36.8%) – during pregnancy and after childbirth. At the same time, 25 (20.0%) women, 24 (19.2%) women, 24-28 years – 30 (24.0%), 29-38 years – 23 (18.4%) patients were indicated for the age period of 12-16 years. Analysis of the incidence of comorbidities showed that women with obesity before pregnancy were significantly more likely to be diagnosed with cardiovascular diseases (40.3% vs. 11.9% in the control group), gastrointestinal diseases (30.8% vs. 16.6% in the control group), endocrine diseases (28.5% vs. 9.4% in the control group), acute respiratory viral infections and influenza (27.2% vs. 2.5% in the control group) (p<0.05). Among childhood infections there were chickenpox – 15.2% and measles – 18.4% (in the control group – 38.8% and 35.0%, respectively, p<0.05), hepatitis a – 3.2% (in the control group – 3.8%), rubella – 0.8% (in the control group – 11.3%, p<0.05). One patient of the main group (0.8%) had a history of previous syphilis. Various surgical interventions were indicated by 80.0% of the women of the main group and 23.8% of the control group (p<0.05). The analysis of obstetric history revealed that 67 (83.8%) women in the control group had a regular menstrual cycle. In women of the main group regular menstrual cycle was observed in 80 (64.0%), irregular – in 45 (36.0%) (p<0.05). Menstrual disorders in 13 (10.4%) obese women occurred in the juvenile period. In the reproductive period, these disorders were observed in 28 (22.4%) women. Polymenorrhea was observed in 5 (4.0%), oligomenorrhea – in 15 (12.0%) patients. The mean age of sexual initiation was 21.7±0.29 years.
women, pregnancy, obesity
- Koval’chuk LA, Tarhanova AJe. Metabolicheskie narushenija u beremennyh s ozhireniem v uslovijah promyshlennogo regiona. Vestnik Ural’skoj medicinskoj akademicheskoj nauki. 2014;3:214-6. [in Russian].
- Suplotova LA, Smetanina SA, Novakovskaja NA. Rasprostranennost’ ozhirenija, patologicheskoj pribavki vesa i metabolicheskogo sindroma u zhenshhin Krajnego Severa v period gestacii. Ozhirenie i metabolizm. 201;4:31-5. [in Russian].
- Chulkov VS, Vereina NK, Sinicyn SP. Beremennost’, rody i perinatal’nye ishody u zhenshhin s izbytochnoj massoj tela i ozhireniem. Voprosy ginekologii, akusherstva i perinatologii. 2011;2:29-32. [in Russian].
- Kim TV, Kajupova LS. Struktura jekstragenital’noj patologii u beremennyh s ozhireniem. Sibirskij medicinskij zhurnal. 2011;4:104-8. [in Russian].
- Roskam AJ, Kunst AE, Oyen HV. Comparative appraisal of educational inequalities in overweight and obesity among adults in 19 European countries. Int J Epidemiol. 2010;39:392-404.
- Tarasenko KV. Ozhirenie snizhaet adaptacionnye vozmozhnosti beremennyh zhenshhin. Ohrana materinstva i detstva. 2015;1(25):32-5. [in Russian].
- McLaren L. Socioeconomic status and obesity. Epidemiol Rev. 2007;29:29-48.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 1 (148), 2019 year, 178-181 pages, index UDK 618.3-06