LABORATORY ASSESSMENT OF NANO PHOTO-CURED COMPOSITE MATERIAL MARGINAL SEAL
About the author:
Udod O. A., Borysenko O. M.
METHODS AND METHODOLOGIES
Type of article:
Photo-cured composite materials are widely used for dental restoration. Various adhesive systems are applied for their bonding to enamel and dentine, considering the need for their complete curing. The luminous flux of photo polymerizers is important in the process of adhesive systems curing; however, the studies on the effect of its intensity are insufficient. The research was aimed at laboratory evaluation of photo-cured composite materials marginal seal to the hard tissues of the restored lateral teeth regarding micro-penetration and application for curing of adhesive system luminous flux of photo polymerizers with different characteristics. Object and methods. The standard I class cavities according to Black were formed in 40 extracted teeth; while restoring the cavities, the fifth generation adhesive system was used. The lateral teeth studied were distributed into four groups. The I group included 10 teeth restored by applying adhesive system with curing by halogen photo polymerizers luminous flux with constant intensity 600 mW/ cm2, the II group included 10 teeth, in which the same adhesive system with photodiode luminous flux “soft start” polymerization was used with a final intensity of 1500 mW/cm2, the III group comprised 10 teeth with the same adhesive system application and luminous flux of photodiode polymerizer with the constantly high intensity of 1500 mW/cm2, the IV group accounted for 10 teeth with double-layer application of adhesive system, each of which was polymerized with a luminous flux of photodiode polymerizer with the constantly high intensity of 1500 mW/cm2. The restored teeth were exposed to thermal cycling. The assessment of the marginal seal micro-permeability was performed visually in points and by computer analysis of the digital image in percent. Statistical processing of the data was performed with Statistica 6.0 software package for Windows 98. Results and discussion. The index of marginal seal regarding the micro-permeability amounted to 2.97 ± 0.17 points in samples of I group teeth, in II group samples it was statistically significantly (p <0.05) lower, namely, 2.38 ± 0.12 points. Significantly lower (p <0.05) indices were observed in samples of III and IV groups − 1.74 ± 0.13 points and 1.55 ± 0.09 points, correspondingly, but they did not differ statistically significant between themselves (p> 0.05). According to computer assessment of the marginal seal, the index was determined to be statistically significantly (p <0.05) the worst in I group samples, the stain passed the line of material and hard tissue up to 74.5 ± 4.5% of its length. The index in II group samples amounted to 61.5 ± 4.5% and was somewhat better (p <0.05). Statistically significantly (p <0.05) the best were determined the indices in samples of III and IV groups, 43.5 ± 3.5% and 31.5 ± 2.5%, respectively, while among themselves the values differed statistically significantly (p <0.05). Conclusion. The application of photodiode polymerizer luminous flux with the constantly high intensity for curing the adhesive system of five generation provides the better marginal seal of material to the hard tissues regarding micro-permeability, than the application of luminous flux of lower intensity halogen photopolymerizer or “soft start” photodiode polymerizer. The best marginal seal was observed in case of double-layer application of adhesive system with polymerization of each of them with luminous flux of photodiode polymerizer with a constantly high intensity. Prospects for further research. The long-term clinical investigations regarding the dental restoration with marginal seal assessment as well as marginal coloration and secondary caries are planning to be conducted.
nano photo-cured composite material, adhesive system, marginal seal, micro-permeability, laboratory assessment
- Borisenko AV. Kompozitsionnyye plombirovochnyye i oblitsovochnyye materialy. K.: VSI «Meditsina»; 2015. 320 s. [in Russian].
- Eman I. Alsagob, David N. Bardwell, Ala O. Ali, Samer G. Khayat, Paul C. Stark: Comparison of microleakage between bulk-fill flowable and nanofilled resin-based composites. Interventional Medicine & Applied Science. 2018;10:1-8.
- Kolodiy YuR. Innovatsionnyy nanokompozitnyy material v stomatologii. Byulleten’ meditsinskikh internetkonferentsiy. 2017;7(9):1418-9. [in Russian].
- Ostrolopovskaya OV, Anokhina AV, Ruvinskaya GR. Sovremennyye adgezivnyye sistemy v klinicheskoy stomatologii. Prakticheskaya meditsina. 2013;4(72):15-20. [in Russian].
- Colak H. Shear bond strength of bulk-fill and nano-restorative materials to dentin. Eur J Dent. 2016;10:40-5.
- Jang JH. Polymerization shrinkage and depth of cure of bulk-fill resin composites and highly filled flowable resin. Operative dentistry. 2015;2(40):172-80.
- Barer GM, Grineva TB, Groysman SI. Adgezionnaya prochnost’ i krayevaya pronitsayemost’ materiala khimicheskogo otverzhdeniya Prizmafil. Rossiyskiy stomatologicheskiy zhurnal. 2001;3:13-4. [in Russian].
- Udod OA, Bekuzarova KhІ, vynakhidnyky. Patent na korisnu model’ 124011, Ukraуіna, A61S 5/30 (2017.01). Sposіb laboratornoі otsіnki krayovogo prilyagannya plombuval’nikh materіalіv do tverdikh tkanin zubіv za mіkroproniknіstyu. № u 201711122; zayavl. 13.11.17; opubl.12.03.18, Byul. № 5. [in Ukrainian].
- Udod OA, Shamaеv VV. Komp’yuterna programa «Dental Quality». Svіdotstvo pro reеstratsіyu avtors’kogo prava na tvіr № 22641 vіd 13.11.2007 r. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 1 (148), 2019 year, 244-247 pages, index UDK 616.314-085-74-092.6