INFLUENCE OF NITROGEN FEED SOURCES ON BIOMASS ACCUMULATION AND FUNGISTATIC ACTIVITY OF TRICHODERMA LIGNORUM КМВ-F-14
About the author:
Zhelezniak M. Y., Drehval O. A., Cherevach N. V., Sklyar T. V.
Type of article:
The widespread use of chemical pesticides in agriculture has led to the pollution of environmental systems and has caused various health disorders in animals and humans. Biological pest control is one of the most environmentally friendly methods in modern agriscience. Such methods protect crops from pests and do not pollute the environment. Some terrestrial Trichoderma sp. strains are already used as biological control agents. They all produce peptaibols, small antimicrobial peptides which are supposed to play a role in the anti-phytopathogenic activity of Trichoderma sp. The aim of the study was to determine the influence of various sources of nitrogen on the accumulation of biomass of Trichoderma lignorum KMB-F-14 and its antagonistic properties against phytopathogenic fungi of the genus Fusarium. The object of the study was the accumulation of biomass in conditions of deep cultivation and the fungistatic action of strain T. lignorum KMB-F-14, isolated from ordinary black earth. Various nitrogen-containing compounds were introduced in an amount of 0.5% to a nutrient medium containing 0.5% potassium phosphorus, 0.2% magnesium sulfate and 2% glucose. Sowing was carried out by a suspension of conidia with a titre of 1 × 106 in an amount of 5% of the volume of the medium. Cultivated for 72 hours on a microbiological rocker (200 rpm) at 27-28°C. The influence of nitrogen sources on the growth of the fungus was estimated at the exit of dry biomass by weight method. Fungistatic activity of micromycetes-antagonists in relation to test cultures F. culmorum IMB-F-50716 and F. monileforme KMB-F-23 were determined by the method of agar blocks in the modification. As a result of the studies, it was found that T. lignorum fungus is capable of absorbing various sources of nitrogen. As can be seen from the data presented, the fungus is capable of absorbing inorganic nitrogen sources in the form of nitrate and ammonia nitrogen. It is known that the synthesis of fungistatic and fungicidal substances by antagonists may depend on the composition of the nutrient medium and the conditions for their cultivation, therefore, in the next stage of our work, the effect of different sources of nitrogen feed on the antagonistic activity of Trichoderma lignorum КМВ-F-14 against fungi was performed of Fusarium spp. Selection of sources of nitrogen feed for cultivating strain of Trichoderma lignorum КМВ-F-14. The influence of nitrogen compounds on the accumulation of biomass and the fungistatic effect of Trichoderma lignorum КМВ-F14 against phytopathogenic fungi of the genus Fusarium when grown on media with different sources of nitrogen nutrition have been investigated. It is shown that the most favorable for the accumulation of biomass are organic sources of nitrogen: corn extract and yeast autolysate. The greatest amount of biomass was obtained on medium with yeast autolysate – 40.01 g/l dry biomass. The fungistatic activity of the strain Trichoderma lignorum KMB-F-14 depends on the source of nitrogen in the culture medium. A high percentage of fungal growth inhibitors of the genus Fusarium was found F. monileforme КМВ-F-23 (58-64%) and F. culmorum IMB-F-50716 (63-73%) with arginine, ammonium sulfate, sodium nitroxide and ammonium chloride as a source of nitrogen.
micromycetes, Trichoderma, antagonism, phytopathogens, accumulation of biomass
- De Palma М, D’Agostino N, Proietti S. Suppression Subtractive Hybridization analysis provides new insights into the tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) response to the plant probiotic microorganism Trichoderma longibrachiatum MK1. Plant Physiol. 2016;190:79-94.
- Prabhakaran N, Prameeladevi Т, Sathiyabama М. Screening of different Trichoderma species against agriculturally important foliar plant pathogens. J. Environ. Biol. 2015;36(1):191-8.
- Ruocco М, Lanzuise S, Lombardi N. Multiple roles and effects of novel Trichoderma hydrophobin. Mol. Plant Microbe Interact. 2015;28(2):167-79.
- Ibrahim SRM, Abdallah HM, Elkhayat ES. Fusaripeptide A new antifungal and anti-malarial cyclodepsipeptide from the endophytic fungus Fusarium sp. J. Asian Nat. Prod. Res. 2017;27:1-11.
- Asad SA, Ali N, Hameed A. Biocontrol efficacy of different isolates of Trichoderma against soil borne pathogen Rhizoctonia solani. Pol. J. Microbiol. 2014;63(1):95-103.
- Vinale F, Nigro M, Sivasithamparam K, Flematti G, Ghisalberti EL, Ruocco M, et al. Harzianic acid: a novel siderophore from Trichoderma harzianum. FEMS (Fed. Eur. Microbiol. Soc.) Microbiol. Lett. 2013;347:123-9.
- Smirnov OV, Grishechkina SD. Izuchenie deystviya biopreparatov na osnove Bacillus thuringiensis na fitopatogennyie gribyi. Vestnik zashchity rasteniy. 2010;1:27-35. [in Russiаn].
- Mehta J. Impact of Carbon & Nitrogen Sources on the Trichoderma viride (Biofungicide) and Beauveria bassiana (entomopathogenic fungi). European Journal of Experimental Biology. 2012;2(6):2061-7.
- Ziganshin DD, Sirotkin AS. Osobennosti glubinnogo i poverhnostnogo kultivirovaniya gribov Trichoderma dlya polucheniya biopreparatov na osnove kletok griba. Vestnik tehnologicheskogo universiteta. 2017;20(10):155-8. [in Russiаn].
- Bilyavska LO, Koziritska VE, Valagurova OV, Iutinska GO. Vpliv piruvatu i valinu na biosintez avermektinu Streptomyces avermitilis UKM As2179. Mikrobiol. zhurn. 2007;69(4);10-7. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 1 (148), 2019 year, 251-254 pages, index UDK 57.083.13:632.937