CONTENT OF PHYSICAL REHABILITATION PROGRAMS FOR PATIENTS WITH DIABETES MELLITUS
About the author:
Myronenko S. G.
Type of article:
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes mellitus) is an endocrine disorder associated with relative or absolute insufficiency of insulin. The diabetes has long been attributed to three diseases, which often lead to disability and death. According to the Ministry of Health, in Ukraine there are about 1.3 million people with diabetes mellitus, of which about 200 thousand patients need daily intake of insulin. It is likely that the true prevalence of the disease is 3 times higher due to unidentified persons and latent forms of diabetes. There are two forms of diabetes: insulin-dependent diabetes (type 1 diabetes) and insulin-dependent diabetes (type 2 diabetes, full diabetes). When poor-quality treatment of diabetes, it gives serious complications, which become the causes of disability or death of patients. Along with medication, hormonal therapy and diet therapy, great importance is attached to the program of physical rehabilitation, the main value of which is physical therapy (physical exercises) and massage. The main means of exercise therapy in diabetes – a health training in the form of cyclic physical exercises in the aerobic intensity zone. The main forms of exercise therapy in the rehabilitation of patients are morning hygienic gymnastics (RGG), therapeutic gymnastics (LH), hydrokinesiotherapy, walking, running, cross-country skiing, swimming, aerobic dancing, cycling (or cycling exercise), treadmills, simulators with simultaneous hand work and legs (orbitrak), manual ergometer (after amputation of the lower extremities).The basic requirements for health-improving exercises – the duration of training is not less than 20 minutes (better than 30 minutes), at the optimal for each patient range of pulse, 3 times a week (better 4 times). Mandatory warm-up and the final part, at least 5 minutes (for persons with excess body weight due to the tendency to injuries ORA – for 7-10 minutes). Thus, the minimum duration of physical training for patients with diabetes is 30-40 minutes 3-4 times a week. The optimal magnitude of the load (at the heart rate) should be 60-75% of the tolerance threshold established during bicycle ergometry. A separate and very important point in exercise classes with patients with diabetes is LH for the stop, as the diabetic foot is one of the most severe and disabling diabetes complications. Physical rehabilitation programs for diabetes with the exercise therapy include massage. Conduct general massage, massage of the lumbar sacral area, collar zone, and also paravertebral in the interloating area and the lower limb, anticipating the possibility of segmental activation of the pancreas, which (while maintaining at least minimal endocrine function) stimulates the production of insulin. Thus, physical rehab programs are an affordable and effective means of preventing and treating diabetes.
diabetes mellitus type I (insulin dependent), type II diabetes mellitus (insulin-dependent), physical rehabilitation program, physical therapy, aerobic exercises, therapeutic exercises, massage.
- Ofitsiynyy sayt informatsiynoho ahentstva Ukrayinsʹki natsionalʹni novyny (UNN). Dostupno: https: //www.unn.com.ua/uk/news/1762300tsukroviy-diabet-v-ukrayini-epidemiya-bez-likiv-i-diagnoziv [in Ukrainian].
- Smirnov AV, Nakula MA. Sakharnyy diabet 1-go tipa u detey i podrostkov: etiopatogenez, klinika, lecheniye. Lechashchiy vrach. 2015;6:31-6. [in Russian].
- Antoshchuk RYa. Tsukrovyy diabet: etiolohiya zakhvoryuvannya. Molodyy uchenyy. 2016;6:277-80. [in Ukrainian].
- Sokolova LK. Sakharnyy diabet 2-go tipa. Rol’ semeynogo vracha. Ukraіns’kiy medichniy chasopis. 2012;1(87):70-4. [in Russian].
- Netrebenko OK. Mladencheskiye istoki khronicheskikh neinfektsionnykh zabolevaniy: sakharnyy diabet, ozhireniye, serdechno-sosudistyye zabolevaniya. Pediatriya: zhurnal imeni G.N. Speranskogo. 2014;5(93):109-17. [in Russian].
- Buryakovskaya AA, Isayeva AS. Sakharnyy diabet: rol’ geneticheskikh faktorov v razvitii zabolevaniya. Mіzhnarodniy endokrinologіchniy zhurnal. 2017;1(13):110-9. [in Russian].
- Rasin MS, redaktor. Vnutrishni khvoroby: pidruchnyk dlya studentiv stomatolohichnykh fakulʹtetiv. Poltava: CHF «Formika»; 2002. 344 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Yepifanov VA, redaktor. Meditsinskaya reabilitatsiya: rukovodstvo dlya vrachey. Moskva: MEDpress-inform; 2005. 328 s. [in Russian].
- Pravosudov VP. Uchebnik instruktora po lechebnoy fizicheskoy kul’ture. Moskva: Fizkul’tura i sport; 1980. 415 s. [in Russian].
- Yevdokimova GA, redaktor. Bol’shaya entsiklopediya ozdorovitel’nykh gimnastik. Moskva: AST; SPb.: Sova; 2007. 991 s. [in Russian].
- Popov SN, redaktor. Fizicheskaya reabilitatsiya: uchebnik dlya akademiy i institutov fizicheskoy kul’tury. Rostov n/Donu: Feniks; 1999. 608 s. [in Russian].
- Mukhin VM. Fizychna reabilitatsiya. Kyyiv: Olimpiysʹka literatura; 2000. 424 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Shapovalova VA. Sportyvna medytsyna i fizychna reabilitatsiya: navchalʹnyy posibnyk. Kyyiv: Medytsyna; 2008. 248 s. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 2 (149), 2019 year, 10-14 pages, index UDK 796:364-786]:616.379-008.64