APPLICATION OF TINCNURE FROM LEMNA MINOR FROND, L-THYROXIN AND THEIR COMBINATION FOR THE CORRECTION OF THE HYPOTYROID STATE IN RATS
About the author:
Kononenko A. G., Kravchenko V. M.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
To treat hypothyroid conditions mainly use hormone replacement therapy, which causes side effects and often leads to hormone-resistance. However, there was a need to find alternative methods for compensation of hypothyroid state, one of which is herbal preparations. The aim. Study of the efficiency of 30% tincture from Lemna minor frond and its combination with L-thyroxin in experimental hypothyroidism. Object and methods. Experimental hypothyroidism induced by daily administration of mercazolilum solution instead of drinking water for 30 days. Hypothyroid animals received orally tincture from Lemna minor frond, L-thyroxin and its combination. After experiment blood collected, thyroid gland isolated and weighed in rats. Concentrations of T3 , fT3 , fT4 and T4 estimated in blood serum samples. Results. It established that the weight of the thyroid gland in rats treated with tincture from Lemna minor frond decreased in 2.6 times (p <0.05), in rats treated with L-thyroxin – decreased in 1.9 times (p <0.05). Combination of tincture from Lemna minor frond with L-thyroxin led to a decreasing of thyroid weight in 2.5 times (p <0.05) compared with a CP group. Introduction of tincture from Lemna minor frond contributed to significant increase of T4 , fT4 , fT3 and T3 in 2.4, 2.7, 1.6 and 1.9 times (p <0.05), respectively, compared with a CP group. Administration of L-thyroxin led to the likely increase of T4 , fT4 , fT3 and T3 compared to the CP group in 1.9, 1.9, 1.50 and 1.9 times (p <0.05), respectively. Combination of investigated objects increased levels of T4 , fT4 , fT3 and T3 in 2.4, 3.1, 1.8 and 1.9 times compared to the animals of CP group. Conclusions. The administration of tincture from Lemna minor frond and L-thyroxin benefit a corrective effect on the thyroid gland hypofunction, and introduction of their combination led to their effect potentiation.
tincture from Lemna minor frond, experimental hypothyroidism, mercazolilum, thyroid hormones, L-thyroxin.
- Kravchenko VІ, Postol SV. Dinamika zahvoruvannosti na patologiu schytopodibnoi zalozy v Ukraini. Mezhdunar. endocrinol. zhurn. 2011;3(35):26-31. [in Ukrainian].
- Lebedynets NV, Parubocha OM. Suchasni aspekti dinamiki endokrinnoi patologii dytyachogo naselennya. Environment Health. 2012;3:21-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Bajaj JK, Salwan P, Salwan S. Various possible toxicants involved in thyroid dysfunction: a review. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016;10(1):FE01-FE03. DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2016/15195.7092
- Tretyak SI, Hryschanovich VY. Sovremennye metodi lecheniya hypotyreoza. Minsk: BGMU; 2011. 150 s. [in Russian].
- Fadeev VV. Problemyi zamestitel’noi terapii hypotyreoza: sovremennost’ i perspektivi. Clin. i experimen. thyroidology. 2012;8(3):12-7. [in Russian].
- Vladymyrova ІN, Georgiyants VА. Biologicheski aktivniye soedininiya Lemna minor S. F. gray. Himiko-Farmatsevticheskiy zhurn. 2013;47(11):29- 31. [in Russian].
- Nikiphorov LA, Belousov MV, Fursa NS. Izuchenie aminikislotnogo sostava ryaski maloy (Lemna minor L.). Bulleten Sibirskoy Medicini. 2011;5:74-7. [in Russian].
- Kravchenko VN, Georgiyants VA, Vladimirovа IN, Kononenko AG, Orlova VA, Shcherbak EA. Vliyanie lekarstvennih rasteniy na uroven’ iodsoderghaschih gormonov schitovidnoy ghelezi v krovi krys. Biologist. Zh. Armenia. 2014;4(66):17-21. [in Russian].
- Pat. 109608 UA A modeling technique of experimental hypothyroidism in laboratory animals.
- Glants S. Mediko-biologicheskay statistica. Мoskva: Practika; 1999. 459 s. [in Russian].
- Constantinou C, Margarity M, Valcana T. Region-specific effects of hypothyroidism on the relative expression of thyroid hormone receptors in adult rat brain. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2005;278:93-100.
- Ahmetov АS, Doskina ЕV. Akromegalia i gigantism. Мoskva: Geotar-Media; 2010. s. 21. [in Russian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 2 (149), 2019 year, 152-155 pages, index UDK 615.322:615.357:615.451.16:616.441