EXPERIENCE OF APPLICATION OF COMPOSITIONS WITH АМІZONUM (ENISAMIUM IODIDE) FOR TREATMENT OF PERIODONTITIS
About the author:
Sulym Y., Petryshyn O., Buchkovska A.
Type of article:
The study examines the effectiveness of treatment of periodontitis using gel and films containing аміzonum (enisamium iodide). 67 patients with chronic generalized periodontitis 1 and 2 degrees of severity in the acute phase under our supervision have been. Patients of the main group (36 people) were treated with products containing аміzonum. In the control group (31 people) the traditional therapy was used. Efficacy of treatment was assessed by the dynamics of clinical picture, degree of bleeding, the nature and amount of discharge from the periodontal pockets. We determined the periodontal index, the index of Hygiene and depth of pockets and performed X-rays. The results were evaluated immediately after treatment, and after one and three months after its completion. Treatment started with the removal of dental plaque, removal of other traumatic factors. Open or closed curettage of periodontal pockets were performed if necessary. The gaps between teeth and periodontal pockets were filled with proposed injected gel and pieces of film. Treatment was carried out until the normalization of the periodontal status of the patient. General treatment prescribed, recommended nutrition, antiseptic rinses. Observations of the main group of patients showed that the treatment applied resulted in rapid elimination of inflammation symptoms after 1-2 sessions of therapy. After the treatment the gums structure and the color of normalized, mobility of teeth and periodontal pockets decreased or disappeared. The desired therapeutic effect of the treatment in the main group was observed in 78% of cases, in the control group – in 51%. Periodontal index in patients in the control group before and immediately after treatment was 2,88±0,06 and 0,83±0,09 respectively, in the experimental group – 2,83±0,08 and 0,37±0,05 (P < 0.01). The above mentioned trend was observed in the future. So, 1 month after the treatment completion rates of periodontal index were: 0,96±0,12 in the control group, and 0,51±0,11 – in the experimental (P <0.01). After 3 months of treatment repeated studies of periodontal indices showed the following values: control group of patients – 1,12±0,14, research group – 0,63±0,09 (P < 0.01). The dynamics of depth of periodontal pockets correlated with data of Russel index. Conclusions. The medicinal form offered by us – gel and film containing аміzonum is effective remedy for the treatment of periodontitis, it is convenient in use, does not cause side effects.
treatment of periodontitis, gel, film, аміzonum.
- Vol’f GF, Rateytskhak EM, Rateytskhak K. Parodontologiya. Moskva: MEDpress-inform; 2008. 548 s. [in Russian].
- Coute Y. Manual of antibiotics and infectious disease. 8th ed. Baltimore, USA: Williams & Wilkins; 1995. 876 p.
- Sulym YuV, Buchkovsʹka AYu, Petryshyn OA. Zastosuvannya heliv i plivok dlya likuvannya zapalʹnykh zakhvoryuvanʹ slyzovoyi obolonky porozhnyny rota i parodonta. Eksperymentalʹna ta klinichna fiziolohiya i biokhimiya. 2014;4:72-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Hrynovetsˊ VS, Zimenkovsˊkyi BS, Kalynuk TG. Klasyfikacia ta harakterystyka stomatologichnych likarsˊkyh plivok. Zhurnal NAMN Ukrajiny. 2013;22(2):249-52. [in Ukrainian].
- Bukhtiarova TO, Danylenko BP, Khomenko VO, Shatyrkina TV, Yadlovsˊkyi OYe. Suchasnyi nesteroidnyi protyzapalˊnyi preparat ta inductor interferonu amizon: perspektyvy zastosuvannia. Ukr. med. chasopys. 2003;1(33):72-4. [in Ukrainian].
- Frolov AF, Holubovsˊka OA, Kramarˊov SO, Mironenko AP, Marhitych VM. Druhe narodzhennia preparatu Amizon®: rezultaty mizhnarodnykh naukovykh doslidzhen pidtverdzhuut protyvirusnu diiu. Ukr. med. Chasopys. 2018;4(126):70-3. [in Ukrainian].
- Hrynovetsʹ IS, Kalynuk TH, Hrynovetsʹ VS, Sulym YuV, vynakhidnyky. Patent 33754 U, Ukrayina, A 61K 6/00, А61Р 29/00, А61J 3/00. Zasib dlya likuvannya zapalʹnykh zakhvoryuvanʹ parodonta ta slyzovoyi obolonky porozhnyny rota u vyhlyadi polimernoyi plivky (UA); LNMU. № 200802707; Zayavleno 03.03.08; Opubl. 10.07.08, Byul. № 13. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 2 (149), 2019 year, 376-379 pages, index UDK 616.311.2 ‒ 002 + 616.314.17 ‒ 008.64)] ‒ 085.376