REASONS OF THE UNSATISFACTORY RESULTS OF THE COMPLETE DENTURE PROSTHESIS IN THE NEAR TERMS OF OBSERVATION
About the author:
Fastovets O. O., Krivchuk О. A.
Type of article:
Complete adentia is one of the most common dental diseases among the elderly. However, the effectiveness of this type of dental care remains insufficient. So the aim of this study was to study the reasons of the unsatisfactory results of complete removable dentures prosthesis in the nearest observation period. The object and methods of research. 114 patients with complete absence of teeth, middle and elderly (60-82 years), were examined. Patients were selected according complaints about the impossibility of using complete removable dentures with rigid bases in the nearest term of observation (1-6 months after their delivery). Patient examination included a collection of complaints and anamnesis and a clinical study. In addition, the condition of the mucous membrane of the prosthetic bed was studied using the technique of macrohistochemical staining. Also the stability of the complete removable dentures in the oral cavity was studied. An assessment of the conformity of the bases of complete removable prostheses to the tissues of the prosthetic bed was carried out using the «silicone test». Results and their discussion. 21.1% of patients had complicated anatomical and topographic conditions for fixation of dentures. In 2.6% of patients the constraints to the manufacture of traditional designs of complete removable dentures were the peculiarities of the mucous membrane. In 5.3% of cases, the use of complete removable dentures is defined as impossible because of the expressed vomiting reflex. Visual examination of the mucous membrane of the prosthetic bed allowed revealing signs of inflammation, the most probable cause of which was the traumatic effect of dentures, in 23.7% of patients. In 5.3% of cases, the toxic nature of stomatitis was defined. In 3.5% of patients, inflammation of the mucosa was caused by allergic reactions. Inflammation of the mucous membrane on the results of macrohistochemical staining was observed in 91.2% of examined patients, which confirms the negative influence of plastic bases of dentures. 50.9% of dentures had the third (unsatisfactory) level of stability. Violations of the clinical and technological process of manufacturing complete removable prosthetics have become the most common cause of unsuccessful prosthetic treatment in 84.2% cases. Conclusions. In 100% of patients complaining about the impossibility of using dentures had an objective basis. In 28.9% of patients the irrational tactics of prosthetic treatment and unjustified expanded indications for the traditional complete removable denture prosthesis was chosen. Irritation of the mucous membrane of the prosthetic bed in patients with complete absence of teeth due to unsuccessful prosthetics on visual manifestations was diagnosed in 35.1% of cases, according to macrohistochemical staining – in 91.2%. Unsatisfactory prosthetic results lead to a weak adherence of the bases of dentures to the prosthetic bed tissue (61.4%), narrowing of the dentures measures (9.6%), errors in artificial dentition formation (9.6%), violations in plastic technology (3.5%). Prospects for further research. According to the data obtained from the study, the inability to use complete removable dentures in most cases is related to the defects of the bases, in particular their bad adherence to the prosthetic bed, as well as the provocation of inflammatory reactions in the mucous membrane. It indicates the need for further search for ways to improve the technological process in order to improve physically-mechanical characteristics and increase of biological indifference of plastics.
complete denture prosthesis, efficiency.
- Vatamaniuk MM, Bielikov OB, Maksymiv OO, Maniukh KI. Povna vtrata zubiv. Poshyrenist. Potreba v ortopedychnomu likuvanni. Bukovynskyi medychnyi visnyk. 2012;16(4):191-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Labunets VA. Osnovyi nauchnogo planirovaniya i organizatsii ortopedicheskoy stomatologicheskoy pomoschi na sovremennom etape ee razvitiya. Odessa: Institut stomatologii AMN Ukrainyi; 2006. 428 s. [in Russiаn].
- Yanishen IV. Prychyny znyzhennia yakosti ta yii prohnozuvannia na etapakh klinichnoi ekspluatatsii znimnykh konstruktsii zubnykh proteziv. Visnyk problem medytsyny ta biolohii. 2014;3(115):346-51. [in Ukrainian].
- Voronov AP, Lebedenko IYu, Voronov IA. Ortopedicheskoe lechenie bolnyih s polnyim otsutstviem zubov. M.: MEDpress-inform; 2006. 320 s. [in Russiаn].
- Afanaseva VV, Lebedenko IYu, Grachev DI, Arutyanov SD. Povyishenie effektivnosti restavratsii s’yomnyih plastinochnyih zubnyih protezov posle polomki. Rossiyskiy stomatologicheskiy zhurnal. 2014;5:4-6. [in Russiаn].
- Nidzelskyi MIa, Davydenko VIu, Davydenko HM, Kuznetsov VV, Sokolovska VM. Porivnialna kharakterystyka rivnia zalyshkovoho monomeru v bazysakh znimnykh proteziv iz akrylovykh plastmas, vyhotovlenykh za riznymy tekhnolohiiamy polimeryzatsii. Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2014;2(2):45-8. [in Ukrainian].
- Kuz VS, Dvornyk VM, Kuz HM. Kharakterystyka suchasnykh bazysnykh stomatolohichnykh materialiv ta yikh vplyv na tkanyny porozhnyny rota. Aktualni problemy suchasnoi medytsyny. Visnyk ukrainskoi medychnoi stomatolohichnoi akademii. 2014;14(2):179-84. [in Ukrainian].
- Chirkova NV, Komarova YuN. Analiz faktorov, vliyayuschih na period adaptatsii u patsientov so s’yomnyimi plastinochnyimi protezami. Sovremennaya ortopedicheskaya stomatologiya. 2011;15:50. [in Russiаn].
- Sokolovska VM, Nidzelskyi MIa, Dudchenko MO. Vplyv akrylovykh plastmas na slyzovu obolonku porozhnyny rota. Dermatovenerologiya. Kosmetologiya. Seksopatologiya. 2015;3-4:212-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Lutskaya IK, Titov PL, Moyseychik PN. Allergicheskie reaktsii i neperenosimost materialov, ispolzuemyih v klinike ortopedicheskoy stomatologii. Sovremennaya stomatologiya. 2010;1:18-22. [in Russiаn].
- Mykhailenko TM, Kutsyk RV. Analiz mikrobiotsenozu rotovoi porozhnyny v osib z riznym rivnem hihiieny znimnykh konstruktsii zubnykh proteziv. Halytskyi likarskyi visnyk. 2009;16(3):34-8. [in Ukrainian].
- Zverhanovskiy AA, Yarovaya AV, Maksimenko PV. Optimizatsiya konstruktsiy polnogo s’yomnogo proteza s tselyu profilaktiki proteznyih stomatitov. Ukrainskyi stomatolohichnyi almanakh. 2016;1(3):30-4. [in Russiаn].
- Zholudev SE. Adgezivnyie sredstva v ortopedicheskoy stomatologii. M.: Meditsina; 2007. 109 s. [in Russiаn].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 1 Part 2 (149), 2019 year, 379-384 pages, index UDK 616.314–77–036