INFLUENCE OF NATIVE AND CRYOPRESERVED PLACENTAL DERIVATIVES ON THE SPLENOCYTE FUNCTIONAL CHARACTERISTICS IN VITRO
About the author:
Prokopiuk V. Yu., Falko O. V., Karpenko V. G., Chub O. V., Loginova O. O.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Autoimmune diseases affect about 3-5% of people. The mesenchymal stem cells and placental bioobjects application is a promising, non-toxic method of treatment. The mechanism of the influence of native and cryopreserved placental derivatives on immunocompetent cells remains unclear. The aim of the work was to compare the effect of freshly isolated and cryopreserved placental derivatives on splenocytes. Object and methods. Mouse splenocytes were cultured in media conditioned with native and cryopreserved placental cells and explants, with a medium containing 10% of the placental extract. The metabolic activity of splenocytes was assessed by MTT test, functional activity was assessed by the blasttransformation reaction. Results. It has been shown that the cells conditioned by placental cells, explants, and placenta extract reduce the metabolic activity of splenocytes and the activity of the blasttransformation reaction. The media, conditioned by cryopreserved placental cells and explants, reduce the metabolic activity of splenocytes in a bigger extent, than those that are conditioned with freshly isolated objects. Conclusions. Various placental derivatives application is promising treatment of autoimmune diseases, but not acute infectious diseases.
splenocytes, culture, placenta, cells, extract, cryopreservation
- Lee HK, Lim SH, Chung IS, Park Y, Park MJ, Kim JY, et al. Preclinical efficacy and mechanisms of mesenchymal stem cells in animal models of autoimmune diseases. Immune Netw. 2014;14(2):81-8. DOI: 0.4110/in.2014.14.2.81
- Wang L, Wang FS, Gershwin ME. Human autoimmune diseases: a comprehensive update. J Intern Med. 2015;278(4):369-95. DOI: 10.1111/ joim.12395
- English K. Mechanisms of mesenchymal stromal cell immunomodulation. Immunol Cell Biol. 2013;91(1):19-26.
- Mattar P, Bieback K. Comparing the immunomodulatory properties of bone marrow, adipose tissue, and birth-associated tissue mesenchymal stromal cells. Frontiers in Immunology. 2013;6:560. DOI: 10.3389/fimmu.2015.00560
- Veenstra van Nieuwenhoven AL, Heineman MJ, Faas MM. The immunology of successful pregnancy. Human Reproduction Update. 2003;9(4):347-57.
- Trifonov VYu, Prokopyuk VYu, Prokopyuk OS, Lipina OV, Volina VV, Zub LI, i dr. Eksperimentalnoe obosnovanie vozmozhnosti prehravidarnoi profilaktyki antifosfolipydnoho sindroma. Tavrycheskyi medyko-byolohycheskyi vestnyk. 2010;13(4),52:188-92. [in Russiаn].
- Prokopyuk VYu, Grischenko OV, Prokopyuk OV, Shevchenko NO, Falko OV, Storchak AV, et al. Effect of cryopreserved placental explants on female reproductive system under normal and pathological conditions (experimental study). Probl. Cryobiol. Cryomed. 2017;28(3):250-65. DOI: 10.15407/cryo27.03.250
- Pogozhykh O, Prokopyuk V, Figueiredo C, Pogozhykh D. Рlacenta and placental derivatives in regenerative therapies: experimental studies, history, and prospects. Stem Cells Int. 2018; Article ID 4837930. DOI: 10.1155/2018/4837930
- Pogozhykh D, Pogozhykh O, Prokopyuk V, Kuleshova L, Goltsev A, Blasczyk R, et al. Influence of temperature fluctuations during cryopreservation on vital parameters, differentiation potential, and transgene expression of placental multipotent stromal cells. Stem Cell Research & Therapy. 2017;8:66. DOI: 10.1186/s13287-017-0512-7
- Goltsev AN, Grischenko VI, Sirous MA, Lutsenko ED, Goltsev KA. Cryopreservation: an optimizing factor for therapeutic potential of fetoplacental complex products. Biopreserv Biobank. 2009;7(1):29-38. DOI: 10.1089/bio.2009.0701.ang
- Prokopyuk VYu, Prokopyuk OS, Musatova IB, Shevchenko NА, Roenko AА, Terehova EA, et al. Safety of placental, umbilical cord and fetal membrane explants after cryopreservation. Cell and organ transplantology. 2015;3(1):34-8. DOI: 10.22494/COT.V3I1.18
- Stefanov OV, redaktor. Doklíníchní doslídzhennya líkars’kikh zasobív: metod. rekomendatsíí̈. Kií̈v: Avítsena; 2001. 528 s. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 (144), 2018 year, 221-224 pages, index UDK 615.361.013.85.014.41: 57.085.23