MASTICATORY EFFICIENCY IN PATIENTS WITH GINGIVAL RETRACTION BEFORE FIXED DENTURES PROSTHETICS
About the author:
Nikolov V. V., Korol D. M., Zaporozhchenko I. V., Korol M. D.
Type of article:
The method for investigating the masticatory efficiency in patients with gingival retraction performed before prosthetics is presented in the paper. It provided the most accurate clinical assessment of masticatory efficiency by simplifying the process, reducing its labour content, and, therefore, increasing the level of its effectiveness. Depending on the method of dental care provided, patients were distributed into 2 groups. The first trial group included 29 patients with gingival retraction of abutment teeth for the fixed dentures carried out applying diathermocoagulation. The second trial group included 25 patients with gingival retraction performed with “Ultrahak” floss, “Ultradent”, Inc. (USA), which can be of several sizes. The authors also developed a method for studying the functional state of the masticatory muscles, which made it possible to accumulate and analyze the information obtained, simplify the evaluation of investigation results, to provide improvement of the accuracy and reliability of the data obtained and degree of the research effectiveness. According to the investigation results it was determined that the right-side and left-side mastication data differed insignificantly from each other. The force of masticatory movements is known to be differed in men and women, so the activity of the chewing efficacy of the patients was studied considering their gender. The right-side mastication prevailed in men of the first trial group, and amounted to 5.24 ± 0.01 scores, while in case of left-side mastication this index was only 5.09 ± 0.15 scores. In women of the first trial group the right-side mastication was also preferable (5.34 ± 0.07 scores), whereas the cases with left-side chewing accounted for 5.17 ± 0.08 scores. The right-side mastication according to data obtained was more preferable in women of the second trial group than in men; it made up 5.23 ± 0.09 scores and 5.18 ± 0.13 scores, respectively. It was found that the patients of the first trial group with the right-side mastication demonstrated 0.06 scores greater chewing efficiency than in the second one, while in case of left-side mastication the second trial group presented with 0.06 scores more than the first trial group patients.
gingival retraction, prosthetics, masticatory efficiency
- Massironi D. Tochnost’ i estetika. Klinicheskiye i zubotekhnicheskiye etapy protezirovaniya zubov. M.: Azbuka stomatologa; 2008. 444 s. [in Russian].
- Lodetti G, D’Abrosca F, Fontana P. Set up of in vitro methods able to detect the safety of astringent liquids. Minerva Stomatol. 2004;53(6):361-7.
- Shannon A. Expanded clinical uses of a novel tissue-retraction material. Compend. Contin. Educ. Dent. 2002;23(1):3-18.
- Gorbatova YeA. Topograficheskiye osobennosti otdelov desny. Parodontologiya. 2003;4:19-20. [in Russian].
- Ryakhovskiy AN, Muradov MA. Tochnyy ottisk. M., 2006. 227 s. [in Russian].
- Ryakhovskiy AN, Muradov MA. Vliyaniye ottisknogo materiala na glubinu yego proniknoveniya v zubodesnevuyu borozdku (issledovaniye in vitro). Panorama ortopedicheskoy stomatologii. 2003;3:2-4. [in Russian].
- Thongthammachat S, Moore BK, Barco MT, Hovijitra S, Brown DT, Andres CJ. Dimensional accuracy of dental casts: influence of tray material, impression material and time. J. Prosthodont. 2002;11(2):98-108.
- Johson GH, Lepe X, Aw TC. The effect of surface moisture on detail reproduction of elastomeric impression. J. Prosthet. Dent. 2003;90(4):354-64.
- Bozsatto MC, Corona SA, Dibb RG, Ramos RP, Pécora JD. Microleakage of a resin sealant after acid-etching Er: YAG laser irradiation and airabrasion of pits and fissures. Clin. Laser Med. Surg. 2001;2(19):83-7.
- Korolʹ DM, Skubiy IV, Cherevko FA, Kozak RV, Nikolov VV, Bilyy SM, Yefymenko AS, vynakhidnyky; Sposib vyznachennya zhuvalʹnoyi efektyvnosti. Patent Ukrayiny na korysnu modelʹ № 94841 MPK (2013.01) A61S 3/00/. Zayavl. 07.04.14; opubl. 10.12.14, Byul. № 23. [in Ukrainian].
- Korolʹ DM, Kozak RV, Toncheva KD, Nikolov VV, Onipko YEL, Yefymenko AS, vynakhidnyky; Sposib doslidzhennya funktsionalʹnoho stanu zhuvalʹnykh mʺyaziv. Patent Ukrayiny na korysnu modelʹ № 112421 MPK (2016.01) A61S 19/04, A61V 5/22. Zayavl. 15.07.2016; opubl. 12.12.2016, Byul. № 23. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 (144), 2018 year, 369-372 pages, index UDK 616.311.2-089:616.314-089.28/29-631]-036.8