СLINICAL EFFICIENCY OF THE MEDICAL AND PREVENTIVE COMPLEX IN CASE WHEN DENTAL CARIES COMBINED WITH CHRONIC CATARRHAL GINGIVITIS AT CHILDREN OF SCHOOL AGE
About the author:
Trubka I. O.
Type of article:
Object and methods. Clinical studies of the intensity and prevalence of dental caries, the hygienic state of the oral cavity and periodontal tissues were carried out with the participation of 158 children 12-15 years old. The Group I included 24 children with compensated dental caries and absence of periodontal tissue diseases. To children of the group I performed only oral hygiene and recommendations were given on a food and drinking mode. 69 children with compensated dental caries and chronic catarrhal gingivitis (HCG) mild severity - made up the II group. The Group III included 67 children with subcompensated dental caries and chronic catarrhal gingivitis (CKG) of mild and moderate severity. Depending on the application of the treatment and prophylactic complex, children of Groups II and III were divided into subgroups: control treatment group (СTG), where oral hygiene, basic caries and HCG therapy, recommendations on food and drinking regimens were administered to children. And the main treatment group (MTG), where the therapeutic and prophylactic complex was worked out by us for the children (TPC). Results. After 12 months, the intensity of caries in children II СTG and II MTG increased from 2.28 ± 0.27 and 2.08 ± 0.24, respectively, before the study to 3.45 ± 0.40 and 2.12 ± 0.28 at the end of it. The increase in dental caries in II CTG was 1.17, in contrast to II MTG, where the increase in dental caries was only 0.04, with a reduction of 96.58%. The reduction of dental caries in II MTG in relation to CG (the gain is 0.46), we determined at the level of 91.3%. Evaluation of the periodontal tissues showed that in the CG of two children (8.33%) we determined the clinical signs of chronic catarrhal gingivitis of mild severity with PMA 7.2%. In Group II CTG, one child was diagnosed with HCG for the first time. A more pronounced clinical effect, namely, the absence of bleeding, swelling in the area of the inflammatory gingival papillae, was observed in the children of II MTG, where the worked out TPC was used (p <0.05). The intensity of dental caries in children III KTG after 12 months was 6.75 ± 0.50, in the group of children III MTG - 5.50 ± 0.32 (p <0.05). The increase in dental caries intensity in ІІІ CTG was 1.11, in MTG - 0.06, respectively, the reduction of dental caries is equal was up to – 94.59%. The indicators of hygienic indexes G-W, O’Leary, PHP, in the MTG after three times application of the worked out TPC had improved by 2-3 times, in children of the III CTG only 1.5 times. In ІІІ CTG in 12 months of observation in the majority of children the presence of clinical manifestations of chronic inflammation (PMA 10.29 ± 1.77%) was still observed, but they were not so pronounced, that was, they also had a positive dynamics. 22 children of III MTG had no main clinical manifestations of chronic catarrhal gingivitis, and subsequently achieved a long-term remission. Conclusions. The results of the clinical study indicate a positive dynamics of clinical indicators in all children. In groups where we applied our’s worked out TPC, which is based on the effect on the basic pathogenetic aspects of the development of dental caries and gingivitis for children, we achieved elimination of clinical displays of gingivitis and protacted remission, warning the further development of dental caries at the for certain greater amount of children, when compared to other groups. The efficiency of worked out TPC was well-proven in case when dental caries combined with gingivitis for the children of school age.
dental caries, gingivitis, children of school age, prevention
- Gricenko EA, Suetenkov DE, Haritonova TL, Lebedeva SN. Osnovnye aspekty jetiologicheskoj profilaktiki parodontopatij u detej i podrostkov. Saratovskij nauchno-medicinskij zhurnal. 2011;7(1),(prilozhenie):234-9. [in Russiаn].
- Lepskij VV, Den’gaOV, Makarenko OA. Jeffektivnost’ primenenija kompleksnoj terapii na modeli kariesa i gingivita u zhivotnyh. Medichnі perspektivi. 2012;ХVІІ(1):8-11. [in Russiаn].
- Marchenko OA. Kliniko-mikrobiologichne obg’runtuvannja dyferencijovanyh pidhodiv do likuvannja hronichnogo generalizovanogo kataral’nogo gingivitu u ditej shkil’nogo viku [avtoreferat]. Kyi’v; 2015. 22 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Popovych ZB, Kindrat GV, Trushyk GO. Poshyrenist’ zahvorjuvan’ parodontu u ditej, jaki prozhyvajut’ na ekologichno zabrudnenyh terytorijah. Visnyk stomatologii’. 2010;2:32-3. [in Ukrainian].
- Silin AV, Satygo EA, Sadal’skij JuS. Jeffektivnost’ preparatov dlja profilaktiki kariesa u detej v period smennogo prikusa. Stomatologija. 2014;4:58-60. [in Russiаn].
- Homenko LA, BidenkoNV, Ostapko EI. Zabolevanija parodonta u lic molodogo vozrasta: problema riska i diagnostiki. Stomatolog. 2006;1/2:548. [in Russiаn].
- Lin GH, Boynton JR. Periodontal considerations for the child and adolescent. A literature review. J. Mich. Dent. Assoc. 2015;97(1):36-40, 42, 74.
- Sgan-Cohen HD, Margvelashvili V, Bilder L, Kalandadze M, Gordon M, Margvelashvili M, et al. Dental caries among children in Georgia by age, gender, residence location and ethnic group. Community Dent Health. 2014;31(3):1-4.
- Makarenko MV, Kovach IV. Rol’ mikroekologii’ porozhnyny rota v etiopatogenezi zapal’nyh zahvorjuvan’ parodontu v osib molodogo viku. Sovremennaja stomatologyja. 2014;3:28-33. [in Ukrainian].
- Polishhuk TV. Klinichna efektyvnist’ kompleksu pre- i probityku u likuvanni hronichnogo generalizovanogo kataral’nogo gingivitu u ditej. Aktual’ni problemy suchasnoi’ medycyny. 2013;13,2(42):52-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Savichuk NO, Marchenko OA. Disbioz i vospalenie v kompleksnoj terapii hronicheskogo generalizovannogo kataral’nogo gingivita u detej shkol’nogo vozrasta. Covremennaja stomatologija. 2015;3:46-50. [in Russiаn].
- Shynchukovs’ka JuO. Harakterystyka vydovogo skladu parodontopatogennoi’ mikroflory v rotovij ridyni pry hronichnomu kataral’nomu gingiviti u pidlitkiv. Visnyk problem biologii’ i medycyny. 2013;1(1):261-4. [in Ukrainian].
- Tymofjejeva OO. Vyznachennja vagomosti faktoriv ryzyku vynyknennja hronichnogo kataral’nogo gingivitu u ditej. Profilaktychna ta dytjacha stomatologija. 2011;2:34-40. [in Ukrainian].
- Homenko LO, Ljeus PA, Ostapko OI, Sorochenko GV. Vyznachennja znachushhosti indykatoriv ryzyku pry riznyh rivnjah intensyvnosti karijesu zubiv u ditej shkil’nogo viku. Visnyk social’noi’ gigijeny ta organizacii’ ohorony zdorov’ja Ukrai’ny. 2016;2(68):39-45. [in Ukrainian].
- Udovyc’ka OV, Lepors’ka LB, Spiridonova TM, Korchak LF, Parpalej KA, Bojchenko TJe, ta in. Dytjacha stomatologija. Kyi’v: Zdorov’ja; 2000. 296 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Homenko LO, Golubjeva IM, Ostapko OI. Terapevtychna stomatologija dytjachogo viku. Kyi’v: Knyga pljus; 2015. T. 2. 329 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Okushko VR. Fundamental’naja odontologija i karioznaja bolezn’. DentArt. 2010;3:71-4. [in Russiаn].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 (144), 2018 year, 377-381 pages, index UDK 616.311.2-002.2+616.314-002]-053.5-084