EVALUATION OF THE LEVEL OF ANTIBODIES TO THE OVARIES AND THYROID IN WOMEN OF REPRODUCTIVE AGE WITH OLIGOMENORRHEA
About the author:
Adygezalova K. P
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
The purpose is to evaluate the levels of antibodies AT-TPO, AT-TG and circulating AOA in oligomenorrhea and comparing them with the control group. Methods. 103 patients of reproductive age with oligomenorrhea were examined. Control – 50 women of childbearing age with an undisturbed rhythm of menstruation. Antibodies to TG and TPO and AOA are determined in the blood by ELISA. Statisticala software (StatSoft, USA) was used for statistical analysis. Results. Autoimmune changes in the thyroid gland with oligomenorrhea were determined 4.6 times (p <0.01) more often than in the control group. The concentration of AOA in oligomenorrhea was 1.7 (p <0.05) times higher, AT-TPO – 7.1 (p <0.001) and AT-TG – 3.5 (p <0.01) times. The number of AOA in the group with oligomenorrhea without concomitant diseases was higher than in patients with hirsutism by 26.0% (p <0.05), with uterine myoma – by 45.94% (p <0.05), with autoimmune thyroiditis – by 55.43% (p <0.05), with an ovarian cyst – by 52.27% (p <0.05). In women with polycystic ovaries, the AT-TPO level was 6.4 times (p <0.001), with hirsutism 1.5 times (p <0.05) and uterine myoma, and 4.8 times (p <0.001), the level of AT-TG in patients with ovarian cyst, autoimmune thyroiditis, uterine fibroids, and hirsutism 6.3 times (p <0.001), 3.7 times (p <0.01), 1.9 times (p <0, 05) and 1.7 times (p <0.05), respectively, was higher than with oligomenorrhea without concomitant diseases. Conclusion. In women of reproductive age with oligomenorrhea, autoimmune changes in the thyroid gland and increased AOA, AT-TPO and AT-TG are more often detected. In women with oligomenorrhea, a thyroid gland study and an assessment of antibodies to the thyroid gland should be performed: AT-TPO and AT-TG.
oligomenorrhea, reproductive age, anti-varial antibodies, antibodies to thyroid peroxidase, antibodies to thyroglobulin.
- Lysyak DS, Shtel’ NN. Rol’ pregravidarnoy podgotovki zhenshchin reproduktivnogo vozrasta s oligomenoreyey v pubertatnom periode v profilaktike oslozhneniy beremennosti. Vestnik RUDN, ser. Meditsina. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya. 2011;1:236-42. [in Russian].
- Yavari M, Khodabandeh F, Tansaz M, Rouholamin S. A neuropsychiatric complication of oligomenorrhea according to Iranian traditional medicine. Iran J Reprod Med. 2014;12(7):453-8.
- Short H, Mander A, Wilkinson J. A Case of Subacute Thyroiditis Presenting with Oligomenorrhea. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2015;5:10. Available from: https://doi.org/10.4172/ 2161-0932.1000325\
- Klimov VS, Abaturova LO, Lyubimaya DR. Narusheniye reproduktivnoy funktsii pri patologii shchitovidnoy zhelezy. Molodoy uchenyy. 2017;14.2 (148.2):22-5. Dostupno: https://moluch.ru/archive/148/41871 [in Russian].
- Ajmani NS, Sarbhai V, Yadav N, Paul M, Ahmad A, Ajmani AK. Role of Thyroid Dysfunction in Patients with Menstrual Disorders in Tertiary Care Center of Walled City of Delhi. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. 2015;66(2):115-9. Available from: https://doi. org/10.1007/s13224-014-0650-0
- Quinn FA, Reyes-Mendez MA, Nicholson L, Compean LP, Tavera ML. Thyroid function and thyroid autoimmunity in apparently healthy pregnant and non-pregnant Mexican women. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2014;52:1305-11. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2014- 0350
- Jefferys A, Vanderpump M, Yasmin E. Thyroid dysfunction and reproductive health. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. 2015;17(1):39-45. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/tog.12161
- Yassin K, Sharif M, Abulea AE, Kamil A, Abdel Aziem A Ali. Reproductive Health Indicators and Factors Affecting Menstrual Cycle Pattern among Sudanese Women with Thyroid Dysfunction. Current Women`s Health Reviews. 2015;11(2):127-30. Available from: https://doi.org /10.2174/157340481102151218122427
- Mehran L, Tohidi M, Sarvghadi F, Delshad H, Amouzegar A, Soldin OP, et al. Management of Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody Euthyroid Women in Pregnancy: Comparison of the American Thyroid Association and the Endocrine Society Guidelines. Journal of Thyroid Research. 2013;2013:Article ID 542692, 6 p. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/542692\
- Fröhlich E, Wahl R. Thyroid Autoimmunity: Role of Anti-thyroid Antibodies in Thyroid and Extra-Thyroidal Diseases. Front Immunol. 2017;8:521. Available from: https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2017.00521
- Levanenko AA. Autoimmunnyy tireoidit i reproduktivnaya sistema zhenshchiny. Molodoy uchenyy. 2018;13(199):77-8. Dostupno: https:// moluch.ru/archive/199/48980/ [in Russian].
- Güler B, Kadioglu N, Özler S, Sarikaya E, Çiçek MN, Ergün A, et al. Antiovarian Antibody may be Used as A Predictor for Poor In Vitro Fertilization Outcome. J Reproductive Endocrinol& Infert. 2016;1:9. Available from: https://doi.org/10.4172/JREI.100009
- World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects. JAMA. 2013;310(20):2191-4. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2013.281053
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 (156), 2020 year, 73-77 pages, index UDK 2-1-156-