THE FORMATION OF INTERDISCIPLINARY INTEGRATION IN THE STUDY OF MICROBIOLOGY
About the author:
Rymsha О. V., Nazarchuk H. H., Nazarchuk O. A., Shchepina N. V.
Type of article:
Knowledge of microbiology is very important for students, as their readiness for future medical activity depends on their knowledge. Ensuring the formation of an integrated system of knowledge, proficiency and practical skills necessary for the preparation of highly qualified specialists is the goal of the work. The described examples of teaching certain topics correspond to the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”, which states that the main task for universities, academies and institutes is the implementation of scientific activity by conducting research and ensuring the creative activity of participants in the educational process, training of highly qualified scientific personnel and using the received results in the educational process. The introduction of the main provisions of the Bologna process provides, along with general decisions and recommendations, the formation of its own educational environment, a culture of educational organization, a culture of quality training of future specialists. Training future medical specialists in modern conditions of reforming the healthcare system of Ukraine requires obtaining theoretical knowledge in parallel with practical skills in the context of unified educational, scientific and medical complexes. The main forms of organization of the educational process at the department are lectures, practical classes, independent work of students and their participation in the scientific work of the department, as non-classroom work. The most pressing problems of modern medicine should be included in the educational process of physician training. Among them – antibiotic resistance of microbial pathogens and methods of its overcoming, nosocomial infection, vaccination – as a method of effective prevention of infectious diseases. The staff of the department developed and implemented antiseptic drugs from the group of Quaternary ammonium compounds based on decamethoxin. One of the mechanisms for the implementation of the antimicrobial effect of decamethoxin is the inhibition of dehydrogenase activity, which affects the transport of ions across biological membranes, inhibits the synthesis of peptidoglycans, disrupts energy metabolism of bacteria. Decamethoxin is a highly effective drug in the fight against inflammatory diseases. Its antimicrobial properties were determined on microorganisms belonging to 7 families and 16 genera. In fields of medicine such as pulmonology, gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, traumatology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, dermatology, surgery, oncology, combustiology, dentistry preparations based on decamethoxin are used for prophylaxis and treatment of infectious diseases with great success. Students should have a base of fundamental knowledge and practical skills, as well as confidently navigate the current problems of medicine. Thus, the practical use of interdisciplinary connections reveals new aspects in the formation and assimilation of the base of professional knowledge and skills, promotes the formation of clinical thinking in a holistic system of medical practice on the basis of a wide integration of different disciplines. Conclusion. The knowledge acquired by students in the study of microbiology in the system of training physicians is an important component of the competence of students and basic for clinical disciplines, forming a holistic system of knowledge. The prospects for further research are foreseen in the improvement of the methods of organizing the educational and pedagogical process in the system of training of the specialist of the European level.
educational process, microbiology, interdisciplinary integration, knowledge
- Pro zatverdzhennia Planu dii shchodo zabezpechennia yakosti vyshchoi osvity Ukrainy ta yii intehratsii v yevropeiske i svitove osvitnie spivtovarystvo na period do 2010 roku: nakaz MON Ukrainy № 612. K., 2007. [Internet] Dostupno: https://osvita.ua/legislation/Vishya_osvita/2514/ [in Ukrainian].
- Karbovanets OI, Koval HM, Hasynets YaS, Kuruts NV. Znannia z mikrobiolohii v systemi pdhotovky studentiv medychnykh spetsialnostei. Visnyk Vinnytskoho natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu. 2018;22(2):381-4. [in Ukrainian].
- Piatkin KD, Kryvoshein YuS. Mikrobiolohiia z virusolohiieiu ta imunolohiieiu: pidruch. Per. z ros. Kalinichenka VV. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola; 1992. 431 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Typova prohramma navchalnoi dystsypliny «Mikrobiolohiia, virusolohiia ta imunolohiia» dlia studentiv vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv III-IV rivniv akredytatsii TsMK MOZ Ukrainy. Kyiv: 2010. [Internet] Dostupno: http://res.in.ua/programa-navchalenoyi-disciplini-z-mikrobiologiyivirusologiyi.html [in Ukrainian].
- Sharun AV, Krushynska TIu. Suchasni tendentsii orhanizatsii navchalnoho protsesu pry vykladanni medychnoi mikrobiolohii, virusolohi ta imunolohii. Medychni perspektyvy. 2011;11/XVI/1:14-7. [in Ukrainian].
- Shyrobokov VP, Palii HK, Voitsekhovskyi VH, Yakimenko AI, Kovalchuk VP. Vykladannia khimioterapii (antybiotyky, protymikrobni zasoby) na kafedrakh mikrobiolohii, virusolohii ta imunolohii medychnykh vuziv Ukrainy. Biomedical and Biosocial antropology. 2012;18:214-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Decamethoxinum. Dekametoksyn (poroshok, substantsiia) perereiestrovano v Ukraini bezstrokovo. Reiestratsiine posvidchennia na likarskyi zasib № UA/5364/01/01; Derzhavnu perereiestratsiiu zatverdzheno nakazom MOZ Ukrainy vid 27.03.2018 r. № 553. (Termin dii posvidchennia neobmezheno). [in Ukrainian].
- Volyanskij YuL. Dekametoksin – antisepticheskoe sredstvo s shirokimi pokazaniyami primeneniya i v raznoobraznyh lekarstvennyh formah. Vseros. sezd mikrobiol., epidemiol. i parazitologov. N. Novgorod. 2001;1:164-5. [in Russian].
- Palii HK, Kovalchuk VP, Derkach NM, Palii DV, Kryzhanovska AV. Efektyvnist antyseptychnoho preparatu dekasanu. Biomedical and Biosocial Anthropology. 2010;15:8-11. [in Ukrainian].
- Ivanov DV. Nozokomialnye infekcii: epidemiologiya, patogenez, etiologiya, antibakterialnaya terapiya i profilaktika. Antibiotiki i himioterapiya. 2005;12:19-28. [in Russian].
- Chudutova D, Ustinov O. Vaktsynatsiia za vikom, stan kolektyvnoho imunitetu ta antyvakynalni kampanii: suchasna sytuatsiia v Ukraini. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasops. 2010;5(79):33-6. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 (156), 2020 year, 202-204 pages, index UDK 579:378.147