STRUCTURAL ORGANIZATION OF THE GLANDULAR COMPONENTS OF THE EXTRAORBITAL AND INFRAORBITAL LACRIMAL GLANDS OF THE LABORATORY RAT
About the author:
Katsenko A. L., Sherstyuk O. О., Litovka V. V., Svintsytska N. L.
Type of article:
Aim of the study. The aim of this work was to study and compare the morphological features of the extraorbital and infraorbital component of the lacrimal glands, as well as to study the morphological and functional characteristics of the tear ducts during their normal functioning. In ophthalmic practice, diseases of the lacrimal glands are quite common, however, their structure has not been sufficiently studied, especially for the lobular structure of both the extraand infraorbital lacrimal glands. Therefore, the purpose of this work is to study and compare the morphological features of the extra orbital and infraorbital components of the lacrimal glands. And also the study of the morpho-functional characteristics of the lacrimal ducts during the normal functioning of the lacrimal glands. Object and methods. In order to study the structure of the lacrimal gland of the rats, it was necessary to collect the material. We obtained from 10 laboratory rats of males by preparation on each side of 2 tears and one Garderova gland, only 60 biopsies. A series of thin paraffin sections were made for histological examination. The micropreparations were stained with hematoxylin and eosin and examined under a light microscope. Resuts. It was found that the tubular-alveolar epithelial components of the infraorbital gland of rats within the lobule are located even more densely than in the extra-orbital gland, as evidenced by very narrow interstitial gaps. The lacrimal glands of laboratory rats have an individual well-defined connective tissue capsule. within and between the lobules have slit-like interpithelial interstitial spaces, in which we do not detect the accumulation of lipocytes, as it is in the human lacrimal glands. In the volume of the lobes, both extra-orbital and infraorbital gland, the interpithelial interstitial spaces contain vessels of the hemmicrocirculatory bed, mainly capillaries, precapillary arterioles, and postcapillary venules. Arterioles and venules are usually visualized outside the lobes in more pronounced interstitial intervals, which are located between 3-4 adjacent lobes. Conclusions. Visually in the lobes of the infraorbital gland, in comparison with the extraorbital lacrimal gland of rats, the secretory epithelial components are located very close to each other. Prospects for further research. It is planned to find the minimum level of structure of lacrimal glands of laboratory rats, which would correspond to the concept of structural-functional unit, based on the study and analysis of successive series of histological sections of both lacrimal glands, graphic and plastic reconstructions, morphometry data of excretory duct systems and HMCR units. Similar issues will be addressed in the study of the Gardera gland of a laboratory rat.
lacrimal gland, morphology, extraorbital, infraorbital fate.
- Hryn VH, Sherstiuk OO, Piliuhin AV, Svintsytska NL, Lavrenko AV. Multilayer plastic reconstruction in the three-dimensional study of the human lacrimal gland. Svit medytsyny ta biolohiyi. 2018;63(1):113-6.
- Katsenko AL, Sherstiuk OA, Svintsytska NL, Piliuhin AV, Piliuhin VA. General biological patterns of the structure of human major and minor lacrimal glands and under-researched aspects of their morphology. Aktualʹni problemy suchasnoyi medytsyny: Visnyk Ukrayinsʹkoyi medychnoyi stomatolohichnoyi akademiyi. 2019;2:229-34.
- Katsenko AL, Sherstiuk OA, Ustenko RL, Svintsytska NL, Piliuhin AV. Morfologiya sleznykh i gardernykh zhelez laboratornykh krys. Aktualʹni problemy suchasnoyi medytsyny: Visnyk Ukrayinsʹkoyi medychnoyi stomatolohichnoyi akademiyi. 2018;4(64):132-7. [in Russian].
- Sherstiuk OO, Svintsytska NL, Piliuhin AV. Skorochuvalʹni elementy vyvidnykh protok slʹozovoyi zalozy lyudyny. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny. 2009;4:140-2. [in Ukrainian].
- Sherstiuk OA, Piliuhin AV, Deinega TF, Piliuhin VA, Svintsytska NL. Anatomicheskiye i stereomorfologicheskiye osobennosti sleznykh i malykh slyunnykh zhelez cheloveka. Poltava: 2017. 148 s. [in Russian].
- Sherstyuk OO, Svintsytsʹka NL, vynakhidnyky; VDNZU «Ukraynsʹka medychna stomatolohichna akademiya», patentovlasnyk. Sposib doslidzhennya slʹozovoyi zalozy lyudyny. Patent Ukrayiny № 45222. 2009 Zhovt 26. [in Ukrainian].
- Sherstyuk OA, Svintsitskaya NL, Tikhonova OO, Soldatov AK. Sovremennyye predstavleniya o morfologii i functsii bolʹshikh i malikh sleznykh zhelez cheloveca. Svit medytsyny ta biolohiyi. 2009;27(4):171-5. [in Russian].
- Piliuhin AV, Svintsytska NL, Ustenko RL. Prostorova orhanizatsiya ta morfometrychni pokaznyky vyvidnykh protok palpebralnoyi chastky slozovoyi zaloz lyudyny. V: Zhdan VM, hol. Redactor. Materialy Vseukrayinskoyi naucovo-practychnoyi konferetsiyi. Medychna nauka v practyku okhorony zdorovya; 2014 Lyst 21; Poltava. Poltava: VDNZU «UMSA»; 2014. s. 84-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Sherstiuk OA, Svintsytska NL, Piliuhin AV. Morfolohycheskaya kharakterystyka vyvodnykh protokov sleznoy zhelezy. Svit medytsyny ta biolohiyi. 2009;3:188-90. [in Russian].
- Sherstiuk OO, Bezkorovayna IM, Kononov BS, Svintsytska NL, Hryn VH. Mikroskopichna budova orbitalʹnoyi chastky sliznoyi zalozy lyudyny zriloho viku. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny. 2016;4(133):318-20. [in Ukrainian].
- Svintsytska NL, Hryn VH. Morfofunctional structure of the skull: study guide. Poltava; 2016. 172 p.
- Hryn VH, Svintsytska NL, Sherstiuk OO, Piliuhin AV, Ustenko RL. The use of morphological study technique for investigation of labial and palatine glands. Wiadomości Lekarskie. 2017;70(5):934-7.
- Sherstiuk OO, Svintsytska NL, Piliuhin AV. Skorochuvalʹni elementy vyvidnykh protok slʹozovoyi zalozy lyudyny. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny. 2009;4:140-2. [in Ukrainian]
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 (156), 2020 year, 259-262 pages, index UDK 617.764.1-008.8:599.323.4