CHANGES IN THE BIOCHEMICAL PARAMETERS OF THE ORAL FLUID IN THE PATHOLOGY OF THE ORAL MUCOSA IN PATIENTS WITH DISEASES OF THE GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT IN THE DYNAMICS OF TREATMENT
About the author:
Ahadova P. D.
Type of article:
The purpose of the study: to analyze the biochemical parameters of oral fluid in the pathology of the oral mucosa in patients with gastrointestinal diseases in the dynamics of complex treatment with β-aminocaproic acid. Methods. 21 patients with SOPR pathology and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract were examined. Among them, 3 women and 18 men aged 29 to 59 years. All patients were divided into 2 groups depending on the therapy: Group 1 (n=9, age 47±3.3 years) received traditional therapy, group 2 (n=12, age 48±2.2 years) – complex treatment with the inclusion of β-aminocaproic acid in therapy). The control group consisted of 10 practically healthy individuals. The study of the state of the oral mucosa in patients was conducted using a clinical examination and a survey to find out the main complaints and anamnesis. Treatment with 5% β-aminocaproic acid was performed in the form of oral baths lasting up to 5 minutes, held in the oral cavity 2 times a day (morning and evening) between meals for 7-10 days. For severe oral pain, 2 ampoules of 2% lidocaine were added to 5% β-aminocaproic acid. To control the metabolic processes occurring in the oral cavity, the study of the composition of the oral fluid was used, since it is the first biological medium that connects the external environment and the body as a whole and is an accessible non-invasive and informative object of research. Biochemical studies of the oral fluid were performed 2 times: before treatment and after treatment. Secondary antioxidants were determined in the oral fluid: uric acid, bilirubin and albumin, as well as total protein and globulin. The research was carried out on the bio-Screen – 2000 biochemical analyzer with the help of “Human” kits. Results. The obtained results indicate the predominance of tongue congestion, halitosis, and submandibular lymph node soreness in 2 groups of patients before treatment. Hyperemia was detected in 8 (88%) in group 1 and 11 (91%) in group 2. Edema of the SOPR was detected in 8 (88%) patients in group 1 and 10 (83%) patients in group 2. Dryness of the mouth and congestion of the corners of the mouth were determined in 5 (55%), 4 (44%) in group 1, and 8 (66%), 7 (58%) in group 2, respectively. Bleeding gums were reported by 6 (66%) patients in group 1 and 8 (66%) patients in group 2. Burning and itching bothered 4 (44%) patients in group 1 and 7 (58%) patients in group 2. After treatment, in 2 groups of patients, there is no hyperemia, swelling of the mucosa, tenderness of the submandibular and enlarged lymph nodes, as well as congestion of the corners of the mouth and cracks. In group 2, only 2(16.6%) patients still have tongue congestion, and 1 (8.3%) patient has dry mouth and burning sensation. In patients with SOPR pathology and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, a decrease in the levels of secondary antioxidants (albumin by 36.5%, bilirubin by 61.4%) and nitrogen-containing antioxidants (urea by 11.8%, uric acid by 15.8%) is determined before treatment. Complex therapy in combination with aminocaproic acid initiates the activity of the antioxidant non-enzymatic system, which is manifested by a statistically significant increase in albumin by 27.3%, urea by 8.9%, uric acid by 11.5% and bilirubin by 30.9%. Conclusion. Complex therapy in combination with aminocaproic acid to enhance the therapeutic effect of basic therapy is a very effective method.
pathology of the oral mucosa, gastrointestinal diseases, secondary antioxidants, treatment, β-aminocaproic acid.
- Goncharuk SV. Jeksperimental’no-klinicheskoe obosnovanie primenenija lechebno-profilakticheskih sredstv iz kornej cikorija pri zabolevanijah SOPR [avtoreferat]. Odessa: 2008. 25 s. [in Russian].
- Degtjar’ JeA. Kliniko-biohimicheskoe obosnovanie mestnoj terapii jerozivno-jazvennyh porazhenij slizistoj obolochki polosti rta pri stomatite zubnyh rjadov [avtoreferat]. Krasnodar: 2015. 26 s. [in Russian].
- Morris IJ. The early bacterial colonization of acerylic palatens in man. J.Oral Rehabit. 2007;14(1):13-21.
- Cvetkova LA, Petrova SD. Zabolevanija slizistoj obolochki polosti rta. M.: MEDpress-infor; 2006. 208 s. [in Russian].
- Vavilova TP, Janushev OO, Ostrovskaja IG. Sljuna. Analiticheskie vozmozhnosti i perspektivy. Izdatel’stvo Binom; 2014. 312 s. [in Russian].
- Saunders TR. The effect of bioburden on in-depth disinfection of denture base acrylic resin. CDA Jornal. 2012;26:846-7.
- Elovikova TM, Grigor’ev SS. Sljuna kak biologicheskaja zhidkost’ i ee rol’ v zdorov’e polosti rta. Uchebnoe posobie. Ekaterinburg: 2018. 136 s. [in Russian].
- Gorozhanskaja JeG. Svobodnoradikal’noe okislenie i mehanizmy antioksidantnoj zashhity v normal’noj kletke i pri opuholevyh zabolevanijah. Klinicheskaja laboratornaja diagnostika. 2010;6:28-44. [in Russian].
- Barer GM, Lemeckaja TI, Surazhev BJu. Terapevticheskaja stomatologija. M.: GJeOTAR-Media; 2013. 224 s. [in Russian].
- Breshhenko EE, Bykov IM. Biohimija polosti rta, rotovoj i desnevoj zhidkosti. Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie. Krasnodar: 2018. 63 s. [in Russian].
- Truhacheva NV. Matematicheskaja statistika v mediko-biologicheskih issledovanijah s primeneniem paketa statistica. M.: GJeOTARMedia; 2012. 384 s. [in Russian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 (156), 2020 year, 333-336 pages, index UDK 616.311 – 038 : 616.34