APPLICATION OF SCANNING ELECTRONIC MICROSCOPY FOR REASONING THE ACCEPTANCE OF ADHESIVE TECHNIQUES IN PERMANENT TEETH OF CHILDREN THAT RESIDES UNDER CONDITIONS OF TECHNOGENIC POLLUTION OF SALTS OF HEAVY METALS
About the author:
Avakov V. V.
METHODS AND METHODOLOGIES
Type of article:
Adhesive systems formed the basis of adhesive technology and became the fundamental foundation for aesthetic restoration of teeth. However, a number of factors favor a reliable adhesion of composite materials, one of which is the change in the structure of dentin and enamel under the influence of the negative action of salts of heavy metals. The treatment of caries of permanent teeth in children that resides under conditions of technogenic pollution of heavy metal salts is special and requires the development of new methods of treatment and prevention. In order to improve the work of adhesive systems, we propose, before applying them, to treat the hard tissues of permanent teeth in children with the drug “Glutforred” (production of “VladMiva”) in the sequence “suspension – liquid – suspension”. The purpose of the study is to determine the quality of contact of adhesive systems with hard tissues of a permanent tooth of a child in an experiment using scanning electronic microscopy. For the eperimental study, premolars of the upper and lower jaws were etructed in children 12 to 15 years of age that reside in geochemically polluted and conventionally clean areas due to orthodontic indications. Extructed teeth were used to make several series of specimens. Separation on a series of research was carried out depending on the method of preparation of hard tissues. The seria I consisted of 4 teeth from a geochemically polluted area, the hard tissues of which were treated with the drug Gluftred (VladMiva) before the use of the AS Single Bond (“3M ESPE”) and “Bond Force” (“Tokuyama Dental”) in the seria ІІ – 4 teeth, extructed in children of the same area, which before the application of the above mentioned were not treated with the drug “Gluthorod”. The seria III, consisted of 4 extracted teeth from a conditionally clean area, the hard tissues of which were applied to the above-mentioned adhesive systems without pre-treatment with the preparation for deep fluoridation. Before examining the samples in a scanning electronic microscope, we cut teeth (24 in total), about 2 mm thick, according to the instruction SEM (REMMA-102.02 SELMI). The obtained SEM data indicate the equivalence of the series I and III with each other. An example is the smaller number of banding zones and their volume, the uniformity of the penetration of the adhesive system in the dentinal tubules and the micropores of enamel, and, as a result, their sealing insulation throughout the samples, both from the geochemically polluted (series I) and the form of conventionally clean area (Series III). The existence of a relationship between the quality of the adhesive system with hard tissues and the preparation of the tooth cavity, especially in children that resides in a geochemically contaminated area, has been established. Our method of caries treatment in children that resides under conditions of technogenic pollution of salts of heavy metals is expedient and can be offered for use in practical medicine
scanning electronic microscop, permanent teeth, children, technogenic pollution, salts of heavy metals.
- Kaskova LF, Levchenko NV, Novikova SCh. Dosvid zastosuvannia kompozytsiinykh plombuvalnykh materialiv u klinitsi dytiachoi terapevtychnoi stomatolohii. Ukrainskyi stomatolohichnyi almanakh. 2011;5:62-3. [in Ukrainian].
- Blunck Uwe, Paul Zaslansky. Effectiveness of all-in-one adhesive systems tested by thermocycling following short and long-term water Storage. J. Adhes. Dent. 2007;9(2):231-40.
- Kaskova LF, Artemiev AV. Prohnozuvannia poshyrenosti kariiesu zubiv v istorychnomu aspekti. Svit medytsyny ta biolohii. 2012;4:26-8. [in Ukrainian].
- Ostapko OI. Matematyko-statystychnyi analiz vplyvu chynnykiv dovkillia na stan tverdykh tkanyn postiinykh zubiv u ditei v riznykh za ekolohichnoiu sytuatsiieiu rehionakh Ukrainy. Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2015;1(2):348-53. [in Ukrainian].
- Tkach SI. K voprosu klassifikatsii intoksikatsii svintsom i ego soedineniyami. Suchasni problemi toksikologiyi. 2001;3:62-6. [in Russian].
- Ostapko OI, Khomenko LO. Ekolohichni aspekty stomatolohichnykh zakhvoriuvan u ditei. Klinichna stomatolohiia.2011;1-2:53-63. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 Part 1 (150), 2019 year, 233-236 pages, index UDK 616-076+616.314+614.253.4