RADIOLOGICAL INDICATORS IN PATIENTS WITH GENERALIZED PERIODONTITIS WITH RHEUMATOID ARTRITIS, WHO LIVE IN VARIOUS ANTHROPOGENICALLY BURDENED TERRITORIES
About the author:
Kovalyshyn H. V., Rozhko M. M., Dmytryshyn T. M.
Type of article:
Object and methods. 40 patients with GP with RA were examined , which were divided into two groups. I group consisted of 20 patients with GP (І-ІІ degree) who live in an ecologically unfavorable area, ІІ group consisted of 20 patients with GP (І-ІІ degree) who live in environmentally favorable territory, ІІІ group (control) consisted of 20 patients with GP (І-ІІ degree), without accompanying somatic pathology, who live on environmentally favorable territory. Diagnosis of GP is established according to the classification by Danilevsky M.F. (1994). X-ray examination of patients with GP I-II degree of severity was performed using the device “Morita Veraviewepocs 3De” (Japan) – digital orthopontomography. IG was calculated according to Bras et al. IA is calculated according to the method proposed by Ledgerton et al. Determine the qualitative characteristics of the cortical bone of the mandible, used the Klemetti classification (1994). Research results and their discussion. The mean value of the IG index for patients in I group was 0.97 ± 0.05 mm, which 19.83% is less than that for individuals in group ІІ, and 34% is less than for group ІІ (р <0,05). The mean value of IA in patients of І group was the lowest and was 3.73 ± 0.09 mm, compared to the data of II-d (3.59%) and ІІІ-d groups (7.63%) (p <0.05). Thus, the average values of both X-ray indices IA and IG indicated a deterioration in the bone structure of patients with GP with RA who live in environmentally unfavorable areas. According to the results of the X-ray examination, namely the definition of the qualitative characteristics of the cortical bone of the mandible, it was found that the C3 class cortical plate was – 59% in patients of the I-group, while in patients with the second group this figure was – 35%, and in the ІІІ group – was 20%. In patients of ІІ and ІІІ groups in most cases, cortical plastic corresponds to class C2 in 55% in group ІІ, and 60% in ІІ group examined. In I group, this type of cortical plastic was 36%. The highest percentage of cortical plate of class C1 was found in patients with ІІІ group – was 20%, while in patients with ІІ group – was 10%, and in ІІ group – was 5%. Conclusions. Patients with GP with RA who live in ecologically unfavorable areas have deteriorated radiological parameters due to the progression of destructive-resorptive processes in periodontal tissues, compared to patients with II and III groups.
periodontitis, rheumatoid arthritis, ecologically unfavorable territories, gonion index, index of antagonion.
- Borysenko AV. Biokhimichne obgruntuvannya kompleksnoho likuvannya heneralizovanoho parodontytu naukovtsyamy kafedry terapevtychnoyi stomatolohiyi Natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu im. O.O. Bohomoltsya. Stomatolohyya: ot nauky i praktyky. 2014;1:12-20. [in Ukrainian].
- Bilozetskyy II, Hrymalyuk NB, Slaba US, Zarudna OI, Makhovska OS, Lehka LL, ta in. Chastota i osoblyvosti urazhennya parodonta u patsiyentiv z revmatoidnym artrytom. Halytskyy likarskyy visnyk. 2014;4:6-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Beloklitskaya GF, Tsetsura NV, Budovaya MV. Klinicheskiye osobennosti v techeniye generalizovanogo parodontita u bolnikh revmatoidnim artritom. Sovremennaya stomatologiya. 2010;2:41-3. [in Russiаn].
- Prots HB, Pyuryk VP, Nychyporchuk HP, Solodzhuk YI, Tarnavska MV, Yarmoshchuk IR, ta in. Otsinka pokaznykiv markeriv kistkoutvorennya i rezorbtsiyi v kompleksnomu likuvanni heneralizovanoho parodontytu. Materialy naukovo-praktychnoyi konferentsiyi z mizhnarodnoyu uchastyu «Innovatsiyni tekhnolohiyi v suchasniy stomatolohiyi»; 2016 bereznya 17-19; Ivano-Frankivsk. 2016. s. 73-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Popovych ZB, Rozhko MM, Solovey SI. Problemy dovkillya i stan stomatolohichnoho zdorovya ditey u Ivano-Frankvskiy oblasti. Profilaktychna ta dytyacha stomatolohiya. 2014;1:74-7. [in Ukrainian].
- Korobeynikova YL. Porivnyalna kharakterystyka suchasnykh renthenolohichnykh metodiv diahnostyky v stomatolohiyi. Visnyk VDNZU “Ukrayinska medychna stomatolohichna konferentsiya”. 13;3(43):44-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Darcey J, Horner K, Walsh T, Southern H, Marjanovic EJ, Devlin H. Tooth loos and osteoporosis: to assess the association between osteoporosis status and tooth number. Br Dent J. 2013;214(4):E10.
- Dervys E. Proyavlenye systemnoho osteoporoza v polosty rta. Stomatolohichna trybuna Rosiyi. 2008;1:14-6. [in Russiаn].
- Mazur IP, Makarenko VN. Ispolzovaniye rentgenomorfometrichiskikh indeksov nizhney chelyusti v diagnostike strukturo-funktsionalnikh narusheniy kostnoy tkani (obzor). Dentalniye tekhnologii. 2008;36(1):25-9. [in Russiаn].
- Rammalli LT. The importance of radiographic documentation as an auxiliary method of diagnosis, planning and proservation in the rehabilitation with complete dentures. Ribeiaro Preto; 2012. 121 p.
- Ariton SG, Pauna M, Mihai GI. Tsefalometrychna otsinka vidnosyny verkhnʹoyi shchelepy patsiyenta, shcho nosytʹ povni protezy. TMJ. 2008;58:87-90. [in Ukrainian].
- Ledgerton D, Horner K, Devlin H, Worthington S. Panoramic mandibular index as a radiomorphometric tool: a study in precision. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 1997;26:95-100
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 Part 1 (150), 2019 year, 317-320 pages, index UDK 616. 314-071. 616. 314. 18-002.4. 616.72-002.77. 504.5