FEATURES OF REHABILITATION OF PATIENTS WITH METABOLIC SYNDROME
About the author:
Virstiuk N. G., Kocherzhat O. I., Vasylechko M. M., Luchko O. R., Gaman I. O.
Type of article:
Given the negative impact of obesity on human health, the high risk of many diseases and complications that threaten disability and even mortality, it is necessary to develop an adequate approach to sustainable weight loss. For successful treatment, and especially the recovery of patients with overweight or obesity, should be considered the use of a rational physical regime, as well as a healthy diet with limited fats and carbohydrates. Therapeutic gymnastics for obesity should be based on the principle of increasing load with the use of general developmental, breathing exercises and exercises that involve the muscles of the upper and lower extremities, abdominal muscles, which contribute to the local elimination of excess and uneven fat. Additional aerobic exercise in combination with a low-calorie diet can reduce the level of adipocytes of subcutaneous adipose tissue. Contributing to the consumption of a large number of carbohydrates, cyclic exercises catalyze the mechanisms of removal of neutral fats from the depot with their subsequent conversion into phosphatides, which are easily oxidized to carbon dioxide and water. Another important task of rehabilitation of patients with metabolic syndrome is to develop a program of nutrition with restriction of fats and carbohydrates. The basis of the diet program is a change in the quality characteristics of food and the inclusion in the diet of “healthy” foods. Factors such as obesity, age, sex, duration of weight gain, fat deposits, eating habits, dominant foods and meals in the diet, diet and alcohol consumption should be considered when compiling it. Thus, in the conservative treatment of obese patients has a significant therapeutic effect of exercise, which is based on a significant increase in energy expenditure and nutrition with restriction of fats and carbohydrates, accompanied by normalization of metabolism, reduction of excess weight, recovery of adaptation to exercise, improvement functions of the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive and other body systems and the expansion of functional capabilities in patients with metabolic syndrome.
rehabilitation, metabolic syndrome, obesity, diet, physiotherapy. Р
- Vsesvitnya organizaciya okhorony (VOOZ) [Internet]. [cytovano 2016 Sich 20]. Dostupno: www.who.int/ru [in Ukrainian].
- Reaven GM. Role of insulin resistance in human disease. Diabetes. 1988;37:1595-607.
- Dixon JB. Fat-free mass loss generated with weight loss in overweight and obese adults: what may we expect? Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism. 2015;17:91-3.
- Birbilis M, Moschonis G, Mougios V, Manios Y. Healthy Growth Study’ group. Obesity in adolescence is associated with perinatal risk factors, parental BMI and socio demographic characteristics. Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 2013;467(1):115-21.
- Lau C, Stevens D, Jia J. Effects of an occupation-based obesity prevention program for children at risk. Occup. Ther. Health Care. 2013;27(2):163-75.
- Ametov AS. Ozhyrenye – epydemiya XXI veka. Ter. arkhyv. 2002;10:5-7. [in Russiаn].
- Lissner L, Visscher S, Rissanen A, Heitmann BL. Monitoring the Obesity Epidemic into the 21st Century – Weighing the Evidence. Obes Facts. 2013;6:561-6.
- Oranskaya AN, Gurevich KG, Orlov VA, Burdukova EV. Obesity and physical fitness among Moscow schoolchildren: 6-years follow-up. British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research. 2015;5(1):23-31.
- Bray GA. Medical therapy for obesity-current status and future hopes. Med. Clin. North Amer. 2007;91(6):1225-53.
- Clark MM. Obesity level and attrition: support for patient-treatment matching in obesity treatment. Obes. Res. 1995;3:63-6.
- Ctroyv YuY. Ozhyrenye u podrostkov. 2-e yzd. Sankt-Peterburg: ELBY; 2006. 216 s. [in Russiаn].
- Muxin VM. Fizychna reabilitaciya. Olimp. Literatura; 2000. 423 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Afonina VV, Kalmykov SA, Kalmykova YuS. Ocinka efektyvnosti program fizychnoyi reabilitaciyi pry alimentarnomu ozhyrinni. Innovacijni napryamy rekreaciyi, fizychnoyi reabilitaciyi ta ozdorovchykh texnologij. 2014:48-61. [in Ukrainian].
- Kopochynska YuV. Znachennya fizychnykh vprav v poperedzhenni ta profilaktyci nadlyshkovoyi masy tila ta ozhyrinnya. Zbirnyk naukovykh pracz. Fizychna kultura, sport ta zdorovya naciyi. 2011:198-202. [in Ukrainian].
- World Health Organization. Obesity and overweight. 2011 [Internet]. Available from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/ index.html
- Prokudyna Y. Obosnovanye effektyvnosty ozdorovytelnykh programm na trenazherakh dlya zhenshhyn pervogo zrelogo vozrasta s yzbytochnoj massoj tela. Materyaly 7-j nauchno-yssledovatelskoj konferencyy Unyversyteta, Kyev, 12-14 aprelya. 2000:78-84. [in Russiаn].
- Lucyshyn YaB. Ozhyrenyya u zhenshhyn v raznye vozrastnye peryody. Novaya medycyna. 2003;5:40-2. [in Russiаn].
- Keller KB. Obesity and the metabolic syndrome. Amer. J. Crit. Care. 2003;12(2):167-70.
- Kawai K. Leptin as a modulator of sweet taste sensitivities in mice. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 2000;97(20):11044-9.
- Blavt OZ. Plavannya yak metod pozbavlennya khvoroby ozhyrinnya studentiv specialnogo medychnogo viddilennya v umovakh vuzu. Pedagogika, psykhologiya ta medyko-biologichni problemy fiz. vykh. i sportu. 2010;1:17-25. [in Ukrainian].
- Voznesenskaya TG. Prychyny neeffektyvnosty lechenyya ozhyrenyya i sposoby ee preodolenyya. Probl. endokrynologyy. 2006;52(6):51- 4. [in Russiаn].
- Kudasheva VA. Diyetoterapiya pry ozhyrinni. Med. dopomoga. 2004;5:44-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Sygit K, Kołłątaj W, Goździewska M. Lifestyle as an important factor in control of overweight and obesity among schoolchildren from the rural environment. Ann. Agric. Environ. Med. 2012;9(3):557-61.
- Bray GA. Medical therapy for obesity-current status and future hopes. Med. Clin. North Amer. 2007;6(91):1225-53.
- Balsiger BM. Bariatric surgery. Surgery for weight control in patients with morbid obesity. Med. Clin. North Amer. 2000;84(2):477-512.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (157), 2020 year, 19-23 pages, index UDK 616.12-008.331.1+616.379-008.64+616-056.52.