SOMATO-SEXUAL DEVELOPMENT OF DESCENDANTS BORN FROM MOTHERS WITH FETOPLACENTARY INSUFFICIENCY
About the author:
Seliukova N. Yu., Misyura K. V., Storozhenko G. V., Volokhov I. V
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
Today, it is almost unknown exactly how fetoplacental insufficiency of mothers affects the formation of the reproductive system in female and male offspring. Therefore, the aim of our work was to study the somatosexual development of offspring of two sexes born to mothers of different ages with fetoplacental insufficiency and to assess the degree of correction of complicated pregnancy by a pharmaceutical composition. The experiment involved healthy sexually mature female mothers of Wistar rats, young (3-4 months) and mature (8-10 months) of reproductive age, with a normal four to five day estrous cycle. The first day of pregnancy was considered the day of sperm in the morning vaginal swabs. 8 groups of 7 pregnant females were formed: groups 1 and 2 – intact animals of young and mature reproductive age; groups 3 and 4 – females with experimental fetoplacental insufficiency of young and mature reproductive age, respectively; groups 5 and 6 – young and mature animals with experimental fetoplacental insufficiency and addition to food depending on the weight of animals from 11 to 19 days of pregnancy pharmaceutical composition, which contains non-fetotoxic active pharmaceutical ingredients from the groups of basic therapy of fetoplacental insufficiency, namely: amino- (L-arginine) and dicarboxylic acids (succinic acid), vitamins (folic acid) and vasodilators (Dipyridamole). Groups 7 and 8 – young and mature animals with experimental fetoplacental insufficiency, to which was added to the food comparison drug – Dipyridamole. Modeling of fetoplacental insufficiency was performed by daily subcutaneous injection to females from the 12th to the 18th day of pregnancy 50% oil solution of carbon tetrachloride at a dose of 2 ml/kg body weight. After the birth of offspring, they studied somatic and sexual development until puberty (60 days). It was found that fetoplacental insufficiency delays the somatic development of male and female animals born to reproductively mature mothers. No changes in somatic development were found in the offspring born to the young. In the study of sexual development of animals born to mothers of different ages with fetoplacental insufficiency in females observed accelerated puberty, on the contrary, in males developmental delay. A positive correction of the pharmaceutical composition for somato-sexual development of male and female offspring born to mothers with fetoplacental insufficiency was revealed.
fetoplacental insufficiency, mother’s age, somato-sexual development, Dipyridamole, pharmaceutical composition.
- Tsiborovskyy OM. Zdorov’ya naselennya i faktory ryzyku, shcho vplyvayut na yogo stan, yak ob’yekt upravlinnya (oglyad literatury). Ukrayina. Zdorov’ya natsiyi. 2015;2(34):13-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Botting KJ, McMillen IC, Forbes H, Nyengaard JR, Morrison JL. Chronic hypoxemia in late gestation decreases cardiomyocyte number but does not change expression of hypoxia-responsive genes. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014 Jul 28;3(4). DOI: 10.1161/JAHA.113.000531
- Dodson RB, Rozance PJ, Fleenor BS, Petrash CC, Shoemaker LG, Hunter KS. Increased arterial stiffness and extracellular matrix reorganization in intrauterine growth-restricted fetal sheep. Ferguson VL Pediatr Res. 2013 Feb;73(2):147-54.
- Luyckx VA, Brenner BM. Birth weight, malnutrition and kidney-associated outcomes a global concern. Nat Rev Nephrol. 2015 Mar;11(3):135- 49.
- Rozance PJ, Anderson M, Martinez M, Fahy A, Macko AR, Kailey J, et al. Placental insufficiency decreases pancreatic vascularity and disrupts hepatocyte growth factor signaling in the pancreatic is let endothelial cell in fetal sheep. Diabetes. 2015 Feb;64(2):555-64.
- de Rooij SR, Wouters H, Yonker JE, Painter RC, Roseboom TJ. Prenatal undernutrition and cognitive function in late adulthood. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2010 Sep 28;107(39):16881-6.
- Yalovchuk AV. Viddaleni rezultaty porushen nervovoyi systemy u nemovlyat, narodzhenykh vid materiv z uskladnenym perebigom vagitnosti. Bukovynskyy medychnyy visnyk. 2006;10(2):83-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Rexhaj E, Bloch J, Jayet PY, Rimoldi SF, Dessen P, Mathieu C, et al. Fetal programming of pulmonary vascular dysfunction in mice: role of epigenetic mechanisms. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011 Jul;301(1):H247-52.
- Giussani DA. The fetal brain sparing response to hypoxia: physiological mechanisms. J Physiol. 2016;594:1215-30. DOI: 10.1113/ JP271099 9
- Burton GJ, Fowden AL, Thornburg KL. Placental Origins of Chronic Disease. Physiol Rev. 2016 Oct;96(4):1509-65. DOI: 10.1152/ physrev.00029.2015
- Malhotra A, Allison BJ, Castillo-Melendez M, Jenkin G, Polglase GR, Miller SL. Neonatal Morbidities of Fetal Growth Restriction: Pathophysiology and Impact. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2019 Feb 7;10:55. DOI: 10.3389/fendo.2019.00055
- Bekmukhambetov Y, Mamyrbayev A, Dzharkenov T, Kravtsova N, Utesheva Z, Tusupkaliev A, et al. Metabolic and immunologic aspects of fetoplacental insufficiency. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2016 Oct;76(4):299-306. DOI: 10.1111/aji.12544. 11
- Yakovlyeva LV, Zaychenko GV, Tsypkun AG. Doklinichne vyvchennya likarskykh zasobiv, pryznachenykh dlya likuvannya platsentarnoyi dysfunktsiyi: metod. Rekomendatsiyi. DFTs MOZ Ukrayiny. K.: 2009. 61 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Yogev Y, Melamed N, Bardin R, Tenenbaum-Gavish K, Ben-Shitrit G, Ben-Haroush A. Pregnancy outcome at extremely advanced maternal age. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010;558:e551-e557. DOI: 10.1016/j.ajog.2010.07.039
- Staud F, Karahoda R. Trophoblast: The central unit of fetal growth, protection and programming. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2018;105:35-40. DOI: 10.1016/j.biocel.2018.09.016
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (157), 2020 year, 142-145 pages, index UDK 612.084+611.6/618.3-06