DEPENDENCE OF A RISK OF ORAL ABNORMALITIES IN ADULTS BORN MACROSOMIC ON THEIR HEIGHT-WEIGHT INDEX AT BIRTH
About the author:
Garmash O. V
Type of article:
The paper is concerned with the data acquired in a survey of 114 18–55-year-old persons in the City of Kharkiv and adjacent areas, who were born with a fetal macrosomia (Main Group) and corresponding age persons with normal birth weight (127 persons), who are included into the Comparison Group. The participants in the Main Group are then divided into 4 subgroups, accounting their weight-height index at birth. The questionnaire, which we have designed, permits us to estimate the degree of risk of periodontal tissue and of hard tooth tissue pathology associated with perinatal pathology in the past history, heredity, oral hygiene, concomitant pathology, the constitution of the person, bad habits, nutrition, drug therapy, and physical load on the individuals whose birth parameters were higher than normal. Сonclusions. A greater part of research has confirmed the data previously reported about macrosomic-at-birth adults who have significantly more oral health complaints than normosomic-at-birth have. The influence of the level of oral hygiene, bad habits, and the nature of the nutrition and physical activity of the persons who have these complaints is not confirmed (no reliable differences at the level of groups or subgroups have been observed). However, the prenatal period, which was different, and the state of somatic health that formed, are necessary prerequisites for dental status to become specific for each subgroup. The macrosomic-at-birth individuals born with signs of intrauterine obesity (subgroup IV) have a risk of development of periodontal tissues and hard tooth tissue pathology higher than the others have.The macrosomic-at-birth individuals who at the time of birth had a well-balanced development (Subgroup I) had more than three times higher percentage of premature eruption of deciduous or permanent teeth, relative to the comparison group. Such individuals were significantly more likely to report a periodic or persistent dry mouth, periodic or persistent gum bleeding, and bad breath. The macrosomic-at-birth individuals who had a large body length and a relatively low body weight at birth (Subgroup II) have reported significantly more complaints about hypertension. They are sick for a long time and take medicines more often. They are significantly more likely than persons in the comparison group to have delayed terms of deciduous or permanent teeth eruption, periodic or permanent bleeding of the gums, and more often complain about pain or crunching in the temporomandibular joints. The macrosomic-at-birth persons, who at the time of birth had a large body length and intrauterine obesity (Subgroup III), have the highest percentage of cases of complaints about teeth hypersensitivity to various stimuli. The macrosomic-at-birth persons, who at the time of birth had an average body length and intrauterine obesity (Subgroup IV) on average, were more likely to be sick for a long time more often, had a higher percentage of cases of allergic diseases, and were more often than the persons in the comparison group born not from the first labor. The individuals in this subgroup were significantly more likely to have malocclusions, and they had a tendency to increase the number of complaints about the teeth hypersensitivity
questionnaire, fetal macrosomia, oral pathology, somatic pathology.
- Ng SK, Olog A, Spinks AB, Cameron CM, Searle J, McClure RJ. Risk factors and obstetric complications of large for gestational age births with adjustments for community effects: Results from a new cohort study. BMC Public Health. 2010;10:460.
- Hermann GM, Dallas LM, Haskell SE, Roghair RD. Neonatal macrosomia is an independent risk factor for adult metabolic syndrome. Neonatology. 2010;98(3):238-44.
- Huraseva AB. Reproduktivnoe zdorove zhenschin, rodivshihsya s polyarnyimi znacheniyami massyi tela. Mizhnarodnii endokrynolohichnii zhurnal. 2010;8:106-15. [in Russian].
- Garmash OV. Vyiavlennia faktoriv ryzyku zakhvoriuvan tkanyn parodontu i tverdykh tkanyn zubiv u patsiientiv, narodzhenykh z makrosomiieiu (klinichna aprobatsiia opytuvalnyka). Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2015;4(2/125):348-52. [in Ukrainian].
- Grischenko VI. Krupnyiy plod (kliniko-morfologicheskoe issledovanie). Kiev: Zdorovya; 1991. 184 s. [in Russian].
- Yakovtsova AF, Sorokina IV, Aleshchenko IE. Imunnaya sistema ploda cheloveka pri krupnoplodii i ZVRP. Kharkov: BSF «Antiqua»; 2004. 218 s. [in Russian].
- Garmash OV, Ryabokon EN, Korobchanskyi VO. Sposib otsiniuvannia ryzyku rozvytku patolohii tkanyn parodonta y tverdykh tkanyn zubiv u patsiientiv, yaki narodylysia z diahnozom makrosomiia (Dodatok do istorii khvoroby). Cvidotstvo pro reiestratsiiu avtorskoho prava na tvir № 60029 vid 05.06.2015. [in Ukrainian].
- Gerasimov AN. Meditsinskaya statistika: uchebnoye posobiye. Moskva: Meditsinskoye informatsionnoye agentstvo; 2007. 480 s. [in Russian].
- Garmash OV. Zalezhnist ryzyku vynyknennia stomatolohichnykh porushen u ditei ta pidlitkiv, narodzhenykh iz makrosomiieiu, vid indeksu masy tila pry narodzhenni. Vistnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2019;2/1(150):298-304. DOI: 10.29254/2077-4214-2019-2-1-150-298-304 [in Ukrainian].
- Catalano PM. Management of obesity in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2007 Feb;109(2Pt1):419-33.
- Giapros V, Evagelidou E, Challa A, Kiortsis D, Drougia A, Andronikou S. Serum adiponectin and leptin levels and insulin resistance in children born large for gestational age are affected by the degree of overweight. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007 Mar;66(3):353-9.
- Ross MG, Smith CV, editors. Fetal Growth Restriction. 2015;1:36-43.
- Belousova TV, Andryushina IV. Zaderzhka vnutryutrobnoho razvytyia y ee vlyianye na sostoianye zdorovia. Sovremennye podkhody k vskarmlyvanyiu detei. Lechashchyi vrach. 2018;9:50-9. [in Russian].
- Kozlova NS. Vliyaniye atopicheskogo dermatita na klinicheskoye sostoyaniye tverdykh tkaney postoyannykh zubov i adaptatsionnokompensatornyye svoystva rotovoy zhidkosti [dysertatsiia]. Volgograd: 2006. 130 s. [in Russian].
- Wongkamhaenga K, Poachanukoonb O, Koontongkaewa S. Dental caries, cariogenic microorganisms and salivary properties of allergic rhinitis children. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2014 May;78(5):860-5.
- Shih PB, O’Connor DT. Hereditary Determinants of Human Hypertension Strategies in the Setting of Genetic Complexity Hypertension. 2008 Jun;51(6):1456-64. DOI: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.107.090480
- Sscherbatyh LYu. Khronichnyi heneralizovanyi parodontyt na tli hipertonichnoi khvoroby. Visnyk VDNZU «Ukrainska medychna stomatolohichna akademiia». 2012;11/4(36):263-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Korneeva ES, Filkova NP, Mkrtumyan AM, Atrushkevich VG. Parodontalnyiy sindrom pri saharnom diabete: chto pervichno? Lechenie i profilaktika. 2013;2:164-9. [in Russian].
- Folayan MO, Kolawole KA, Oziegbe EO, Oyedele TA, Agbaje HO, Onjejaka NK, et al. Association between family structure and oral health of children with mixed dentition in suburban Nigeria. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2017 Apr-Jun;35(2):134-42. DOI: 10.4103/0970-4388.206034.
- Borowska-Strugińska B, Żądzińska E, Bruzda-Zwiech A, Filipińska R, Lubowiecka-Gontarek B, Szydłowska-Walendowska B, et al. Prenatal and familial factors of caries in first permanent molars in schoolchildren living in urban area of Łódz, Poland/HOMO – Journal of Comparative Human Biology. 2016;67:226-34. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchb.2015.12.002
- Politun AM, Marchenko NS. Zahalna otsinka stanu tverdykh tkanyn zubiv ta chynnykiv ryzyku rozvytku kariiesu zubiv u osib molodoho viku. Scientific Journal «ScienceRise». 2016;4/3(21):16-22. DOI: 10.15587/2313-8416.2016.67657 [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 1 (153), 2019 year, 300-311 pages, index UDK 616.314.17- 008.1- 085: 618.3- 053.1- 071.