IMPROVEMENT OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF SURGICAL TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH ATROPHY OF THE ALVEOLAR PROCESS OF THE UPPER AND LOWER JAW PARTS
About the author:
Timofeev O. О., Kogut V. L., Pantus A. V., Yarmoshuk I. R.
Type of article:
The problem of surgical treatment of patients with atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper and lower jaw is very relevant. In many clinical situations replacing traditional removable dentures comes bridge implants based on implants, which greatly improves the quality of life of the patient, providing him more comfort and functionality. To overcome significant constraints when using dental implants in conditions of atrophy of the bone tissue of the jaws in the places of their installation allows the prior use of surgical methods aimed at increasing the volume of bone tissue in the maxillofacial area: autotransplantation, intercortical osteotomy and directed bone regeneration with the use of protective membranes. More and more often, efforts are being made to develop materials that are not inferior to their mechanical characteristics of titanium, but do not require further removal. Necessary requirements for these materials are: high biocompatibility, synchronization of resorption and the formation of newly formed bone tissue. These materials may include biodegradable polymers based on poly lactic acid. The peculiarities of application of biodegradable membranes and foam based on polylactic acid during dental implantation in conditions of atrophy of jaw bone tissue are considered in this work. The aim of the study is to increase the efficiency of dental implantation in conditions of atrophy of jaw bone tissue by method of directed bone regeneration using resorbing membranes based on polylactic acid. Clinical observation was performed in 26 patients aged 20 to 65 years. Depending on the treatment, all patients with atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper and lower jaw were divided into two groups, randomized by age, sex, and duration of the disease. In group I (13 patients) surgical treatment was performed using «Easy Graft» osteoplastic material, in the 2nd group (13 patients), surgical treatment was performed using the «Easy Graft» osteoplastic material and the polymeracid biosorbent membrane based on polylactic acid. Surgical treatment using osteoplastic material and polymeric biosorbent membrane based on polychloric acid contributed to the most pronounced positive effect on changes in biochemical parameters in patients with atrophy of the alveolar process of the upper and lower jaw. The obtained results prove that surgical treatment using osteoplasty with polymeric bioresorbent membranes based on polychloric acid enables to reduce the time of surgical intervention, extends the possibilities of practical dentistry, in particular implantology, and ensures adherence to the aesthetic-functional requirements for orthopedic treatment.
bone tissue atrophy, osteoplastic material, polylactic acid
- Olesova VN, Dovbnev VA, Evstratov OV, Zveryaev AG, Zuev MD, Lesnyak AV, i dr. Preimuschestva vremennyih nesyemnyih frezerovannyih i polimerizovannyih plastmassovyih protezov na implantatah. Klinichiskie issledovaniya. 2013;1:25-6. [in Russian].
- Andryushechkina TN, Berchenko GN, Gioeva YuA, Zoryan EV, Atrushkevich VG. Vliyanie kompleksnyih antigomotoksicheskih preparatov na tkani parodonta v aktivnom periode ortodonticheskogo lecheniya: eksperimentalno-morfologicheskoe i klinicheskoe issledovanie. Klinicheskaya stomatologiya. 2015;4:42-9. [in Russian].
- Dmytriieva EO. Eksperymentalne obhruntuvannia zastosuvannia materialu «Easy graft» ta dynamika yakosti zhyttia pislia yoho vykorystannia u khvorykh na heneralizovanyi parodontyt II stupenia. Morfolohiia. 2014;1(5):40-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Hayashi CН, Gudino CV, Gibson FC, Genco CA.Review: pathogen-induced inflammation at sites distant from oral infection: bacterial persistence and induction of cells pecific innate immune inflammatory pathways. Mol. Oral. Microbiol. 2010;5(25):305-16.
- Deev RV, Isaev AA, Kochish AYu, Tihilov RM. Kletochnyie tehnologii v travmatologii i ortopedii: puti razvitiya. Kletochnaya transplantologiya i tkanevaya injeneriya. 2016;3(6):22-33. [in Russian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 2 (147), 2018 year, 352-355 pages, index UDK 616.314-056.71:(-008.1)-053.3