PECULIARITIES OF SENSITIZATION OF DUST RESPIRATORY ALLERGENS IN RESIDENTS OF DNIPRO
About the author:
Latsynska S. A., Turitska T. G., Shevchenko V. A., Frankenberg A. A.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
The purpose of the study was studying the spectrum of pollen group substances that cause respiratory sensitization among adults and children in the Dnipro region as of early 2019. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay investigated serum venous blood with the determination of specific IgE for up to 7 pollen allergens: Ambrosia absinthium, Artemisia absinthium, Artemisia vulgaris, Atriplex lentiformis, Heliánthus ánnuus, Zea maus, and Plantago lanceolata. Applied kits for the quantification of allergen-specific IgE from “Vitrotest Specific-IgE”. The research of allergen spectrum was conducted for 200 individuals who had clinical allergies of varying severity and who approached the laboratory to specify the etiological causes of their illness. As a result of the analysis of the obtained data was established the distribution of dust allergens of Dnipro by their prevalence. The distribution of hypersensitivity are determined to each specific allergen and their cross-reactivity. The highest prevalence of hyperreactivity was found for the high ragweed pollen (about 90%), followed by Polyn bitter, Polyn common and sunflower (more than 50% studied). A fraction of less than 50% is gradually formed by corn pollen, plantain and lutea. The share of inadequately high results (more than 60%) was noted in sensitization to pollen bitter and ragweed; Polina’s usual pollen is typical in 50% of cases; about a third – to pollen of corn and sunflower; less than 10-15% – pollen of Lutyga and plantain. The most expected is a particularly strong relationship between ragweed pollen and wormwood (r = 0,73-0,93, P˂0,05). Molecular diagnostics researches at the eponymous level in the representatives of both plants have identified a number of side allergenic proteins and one major, major protein, which is the cause of increased sensitivity of the organism of people prone to this allergy. A high level of correlation occurred between common pollen and sunflower pollen (r = 0,93, P˂0,01). Sunflower pollen is also characterized by a close correlation with maize (r = 0,91, P˂0,01). A special case is the extremely high dependence of the pollen of the lute and plantain (r = 0,96, P˂0,01). It was found that inverse cases of allergy were not characteristic in any of the cases, and only combinations of them were possible. The results may be obtained a prerequisite for further research involving a molecular method to determine major and minor proteins in cases of the highest interrelationships, in order to identify not only a specific allergen as an etiological factor but also a particular sensitizing protein that is part of them.
allergy, sensitization, allergen-specific IgE, pollen allergens, Dniprо.
- Acker WW, Plasek JM, Blumenthal KG, Lai KH, Topaz M, Seger DL, et al. Prevalence of food allergies and intolerances documented in electronic health records. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;140(6):1587-91. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaci.2017.04.006
- Deschildre A, Lejeune S, Cap M, Flammarion S, Jouannic L, Amat F, et al. Food allergy phenotypes: The key to personalized therapy. Clin Exp Allergy. 2017;47(9):1125-37. DOI: 10.1111/cea.12984
- Platts-Mills TA, Schuyler AJ, Erwin EA, Commins SP, Woodfolk JA. IgE in the diagnosis and treatment of allergic disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016;137(6):1662-70. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaci.2016.04.010
- Besh LV, Shtoiko TV. Vozrastnye otlichiya struktury sensibilizatsii k pyl’tse trav u detei zapadnogo regiona Ukrainy s sezonnoi allergiei. Rossiiskii vestnik perinatologii i pediatrii. 2017;62(4):201. [in Russian].
- Namazova-Barahona LS, Snovskaya MA, Mitushin IL, Kozhevnikova OV, Batyrova AS. Peculiarities of Allergy Diagnosis in Children. Vestn Ross Akad Med Nauk. 2017;72(1):33-41. DOI: 10.15690/vramn799
- Aleshina RM. Pyl’tsevaya allergiya: klinikoallergologicheskaya diagnostika i spetsificheskaya immunoterapiya. Klіnіchna іmunologіya. Alergologіya. Іnfektologіya. 2006;2:4-11. [in Russian].
- Cariñanos P, Adinolfi C, Díaz de la Guardia C, De Linares C, Casares-Porcel M. Characterization of Allergen Emission Sources in Urban Areas. J Environ Qual. 2016;45(1):244-52. DOI: 10.2134/jeq2015.02.0075
- Fedoseeva VN, Ivanov VD, Fedoskova TG. Risk factors of allergopathy. Vestn Ross Akad Med Nauk. 2006;5:39-43.
- Pukhlik BM. Pollinoz [monografiya]. Vinnitsa: 2017. 60 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Uter W, Werfel T, White IR, Johansen JD. Contact Allergy: A Review of Current Problems from a Clinical Perspective. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15(6):29. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph15061108
- Rodіnkova VV. Aeropalіnologіchnii spektr m. Dnіpropetrovs’k yak osnova profіlaktiki sezonnoї alergіi. Vіsnik Dnіpr. unіv. Bіologіya. Meditsina. 2013;4(1):3-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Pukhlik BM, Dityatkіvs’ka ЕM, Goguns’ka ІV. Pitannya poshirenostі ta ekonomіchnoi efektivnostі lіkuvannya alergіinikh zakhvoryuvan’ organіv dikhannya v Ukraynі. Klіnіchna іmunologіya. Alergologіya. Іnfektologіya. 2012;2:5-8. [in Ukrainian].
- Rodіnkova VV. Osnovnii aeropalinologichnii spektr mist tsentral’noi, pivdennoi ta skhidnoi Ukraini. Dosyagnennya biologii i meditsini. 2013;2(22):11-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Nedel’s’ka SM, Yartseva DO, Solodova ІV, Mazur VІ, Zhilenko ІO, Bessіkalo TG, ta in. Vazhkі formi polіnozu u dіtei: poshirenіst’, struktura, faktori riziku, lіkuvannya. Aktual’nі pitannya farmatsevtichnoi і medichnoi nauki ta praktiki. 2013;3:57-60. [in Ukrainian].
- Іmunofermentna test-sistema dlya kіl’kіsnogo viznachennya spetsifіchnikh antitіl klasu IgE: Іnstruktsіya z vikoristannya. Vitrotest Specific-IgE, redaktsіya 5, vіd 04.11.2016, 8. [in Ukrainian].
- Romano A, Blanca M, Quarantino D. Immediate allergic reactions to penicillins: relationship between drug use pattern and reaction specificity. Abstracts of the 52 Annual Meeting AAAAI. 1996; 661.
- Naumova OO. Pіdvishchennya yakostі dіagnostiki ta prognozuvannya efektivnostі lіkuvannya khvorikh na sezonnii alergіchnii rinіt na osnovі vikoristannya molekulyarnoi alergodіagnostiki [dysertatsiya]. Kiіv: 2015. [in Ukrainian].
- Molecular Allergology User’s Guide. Published online by the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2016.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 2 (154), 2019 year, 125-130 pages, index UDK 616-056.3