PECULIARITIES OF DENSITY DYNAMICS AND MINERAL CONTENT OF THE MANDIBLE AFTER BONE-DESTRUCTIVE INJURY AND AFTER THE LINCOMYCIN USE
About the author:
Sohuyko R. R.
Type of article:
Jaw injuries occupy one of the most prominent places among the pathologies with which patients are referred to the clinic of maxillofacial surgery. The data of modern medical scientific literature show that as a result of bone-destructive trauma both the quality and mineral composition of bone tissue change. The purpose of our study was to investigate the post-traumatic dynamics of indicators of bone density of the mandible and its mineral content, on the background of the lincomycin use in the experiment. Object and methods of research. The study was performed on 20 male rats with weight 180-200 g and 3.5 months of age. Injury was simulated by breaking the integrity of the mandibular bone in the area of molars with the help of dental drill. The operation was performed under thiopental anesthesia. After trauma within 6 days, animals were given lincomycin (30%) at a dosage of 25 mg/kg intravenously 1 time a day. Quality control of the bone tissue of the injured area of the mandible was performed using Siemens radiograph with Trophy Radiology software. The unit of measurement of tissue density was taken as the conventional unit of grayness (CUG). Atomic absorption spectral analysis was used to determine the mineral content of the mandible of the rat, which made it possible to detect in the samples of eight mineral elements (calcium (Ca), phosphorus (P), magnesium (Mg), sodium (Na), potassium (K), iron (Fe), strontium (Sr), zinc (Zn)). The concentration of the studied elements in bone samples was indicated in mg/g. Studies of the quality and mineral composition of the mandibular bone tissue were performed 1, 2, and 3 weeks after injury. Results of the study and their discussion. The results of the studies showed that the density of the bone tissue of the mandible and its mineral content within three weeks after the bone-destructive trauma have an expressed dynamics. Within two weeks after the trauma, the density of the mandibular bone tissue in the traumatic area gradually increases and decreases by the end of the third week of the experiment. The analysis of the mineral composition of the bone tissue of the lower jaw of the rat in norm and after the application of surgical trauma allowed determine the quantitative content of four macroelements (Ca, P, Mg, Na) and four microelements (K, Fe, Sr, Zn). Calcium, iron, and strontium content increase throughout the experiment and reach a maximum level three weeks after injury. The amount of calcium increases almost three times in comparison with the norm, the iron content doubles, and the strontium content only slightly exceeds the norm. Phosphorus content during the experiment has minimal dynamics and three weeks after injury only slightly exceeds the norm. The amount of magnesium decreases during the first week of the experiment, rises above the norm during the second week, and decreases sharply by the end of the third, reaching a minimum value. The sodium and potassium content decreases sharply during the first week of the experiment and gradually increases by the end of the third week. At the end of the experiment, the amount of sodium was higher and the potassium was lower than in the control. The content of zinc in the bone of the mandible after the injury increases sharply by the end of the first week of the experiment, and during the second decreases and remains almost unchanged during the third week, only slightly exceeding the norm. Among the studied macroelements, specific shares of calcium, slightly less phosphorus, sodium and magnesium are the largest. Among the studied microelements, the largest share belongs to potassium, slightly less to iron and the lowest to strontium and zinc. Absolute indices of the content of the studied macro- and microelements have an expressed dynamics characteristic for each element. Similarities between the dynamics of the investigated elements and bone density were not detected. Further study of peculiarities of post-traumatic dynamics of quality and mineral content of bone under the conditions of application of various corrective drugs will allow optimize the course of processes of post-traumatic bone regeneration in the clinic of maxillofacial surgery and traumatology.
bone tissue, mandible, trauma, density, mineral composition.
- Avetikov DS, Lokes KP, Stavytsʹkyy SO, Yatsenko IV, Rozkolupa OO. Perelomy nyzhnʹoyi shchelepy: analiz chastoty vynyknennya, lokalizatsiyi ta uskladnenʹ. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny. 2014;3(3):62-4. [in Ukrainian].
- Rybachuk AV, Mamonov RO, Malanchuk VO. Epidemiolohiya travmatychnykh perelomiv nyzhnʹoyi shchelepy v period z 2005 po 2014 p. za materialamy kliniky kafedry. Kharkivsʹka khirurhichna shkola. 2016;1:117-22. [in Ukrainian].
- Fedirko HV. Suchasne uyavlennya pro mekhanizm reheneratsiyi nyzhnʹoyi shchelepy v umovakh politravmy. Klinichna stomatolohiya. 2015;1:89-94. [in Ukrainian].
- Kim TG, Chung KJ, Lee JH, Kim YH, Lee JH. Clinical Outcomes Between Atrophic and Nonatrophic Mandibular Fracture in Elderly Patients. J Craniofac Surg. 2018;29(8):815-8. DOI: 10.1097/SCS.0000000000004863
- Mingzhe L, Xiaofeng X, Bing X. Current therapy of atrophic edentulous mandibular fractures among elderly people. Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;35(4):433-6. DOI: 10.7518/hxkq.2017.04.017
- Dahy K, Takahashi K, Saito K, Kiso H, Rezk I, Oga T, et al. Gender differences in morphological and functional outcomes after mandibular setback surgery. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2018;46(6):887-92. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcms. 2018.04.006
- Damanaki A, Memmert S, Nokhbehsaim M, Sanyal A, Gnad T, Pfeifer A, et al. Impact of obesity and aging on crestal alveolar bone height in mice. Ann Anat. 2018;218:227-35. DOI: 10.1016/j.aanat.2018.04.005
- Jategaonkar AA, Badhey AK, Sokoya M, Kadakia S, Mudrovich S, Ducic Y. Total mandibulectomy defect in the setting of chronic bisphosphonate use. Am J Otolaryngol. 2018;39(5):649-51. DOI: 10.1016/j.amjoto.2018.05.004
- Kim JW, Tatad JCI, Landayan MEA, Kim SJ, Kim MR. Animal model for medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw with precedent metabolic bone disease. Bone. 2015;81:442-8. DOI: 10.1016/j.bone.2015.08.012
- Pichardo SEC, Ten Broek FW, Richard van Merkesteyn JP. Treatment of pathologic fractures of the mandible in stage III medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw-an observational study. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2018;46(8):1241-6. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcms.2018.05.025
- Yu X, Liu S, Wang W, Li S. Periodontal ligament-associated protein-1 delays rat periodontal bone defect repair by regulating osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells and osteoclast activation. Int J Mol Med. 2018 Feb;41(2):1110-8. DOI: 10.3892/ijmm.2017.3312
- Zhou J, Gao X, Huang S, Ma L, Cui Y, Wang H, et al. Simvastatin Improves the Jaw Bone Microstructural Defect Induced by High Cholesterol Diet in Rats by Regulating Autophagic Flux. Biomed Res Int. 2018:4147932. DOI: 10.1155/2018/4147932
- Korenkov AV. Regeneration of the long bone after implantation into its defect of osteoplastic material «Cerabone®». Osteologicky Bulletin. 2016;21(1):24-7.
- Korenkov OV. Computed tomography densitometry of femoral defect healing after implantation of calcium phosphate bioceramics in rats. Bulgarian Journal of Veterinary Medicine. 2016;19(2):87-95.
- Sohuyko RP, Masna ZZ. Analiz dynamiky mineralʹnoho skladu kistkovoyi tkanyny na tli opioyidnoho vplyvu. Pratsi naukovoho tovarystva im. Shevchenka. T. XLV. Medychni nauky. 2019;5(1):76-87. [in Ukrainian].
- Adamovych OO, Masna ZZ, Safonova OV, Safonov AS. Zakonomirnosti vikovoyi dynamiky strukturnoyi perebudovy kistkovoyi tkanyny u shchuriv. Ukrayinsʹkyy morfolohichnyy alʹmanakh. 2010;8(3):214-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Adamovych OO, Zayachkivsʹka OS, Hzhehotsʹkyy MR. Hipoatsydnistʹ shlunkovoyi sekretsiyi yak modulyator porushenʹ kistkovoyi mineralʹnoyi shchilʹnosti. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny. 2011;1(2):98-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Kordyyak OY, Masna ZZ, Hryshchuk HV. Otsenka myneralʹnoho sostava kostnoy tkany alʹveolyarnoho otrostka nyzhney chelyusty krys pry éksperymentalʹnom parodontyte. Zdravookhranenye. 2014;6:129-33. [in Russiаn].
- Korenʹkov OV. Kompyuterno-tomohrafichna otsinka zahoyennya defektu dovhoyi kistky u shchuriv pislya implantatsiyi v yoho porozhnynu osteoplastychnoho materialu na osnovi b-trykaltsiyfosfatu. Ortopedyya, travmatolohyya y protezyrovanye. 2014;3:5-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Korenʹkov OV. Reheneratsiya dovhoyi kistky pislya implantatsiyi v yiyi defekt b-trykaltsiyfosfatu. Ortopedyya, travmatolohyya y protezyrovanye. 2015;1:21-4. [in Ukrainian].
- Korenʹkov OV. Vplyv pryrodnoho hidroksylapatytu i b-trykaltsiyfosfatu na dynamiku zmin mekhanichnykh vlastyvostey v eksperymentalʹnomu defekti kompaktnoyi kistkovoyi tkanyny. Ortopedyya, travmatolohyya y protezyrovanye. 2017;1:14-20. [in Ukrainian].
- Avetikov DS, Lokes KP, Ishchenko VV. Zminy mineralʹnoho komponentu nyzhnʹoshchelepnoyi kistky v dynamitsi reparatyvnoho osteohenezu za umov khronichnoyi nitratnoyi intoksykatsiyi. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny. 2014;2(1):37-9. [in Ukrainian].
- Avetikov DS, Lokes KP, Stavytsʹkyy SO, Yatsenko IV. Zminy orhanichnoho ta mineralʹnoho komponentiv kistkovoyi tkanyny nyzhnʹoyi shchelepy ta reparatyvnoho osteohenezu na tli khronichnoyi intoksykatsiyi nitratom natriyu. Travma. 2013;14(5):109-11. [in Ukrainian].
- On SW, Kim HJ, Kim J, Choi JW, Jung YW, Song SI. Effect of Osteoporosis on Bone Density of Orthognathic Osteotomy Sites in Maxillofacial Region. J Craniofac Surg. 2016;27(7):678-83.
- Sohuyko RR, Masna ZZ, Masna-Chala OZ, Chelpanova IV. Analiz shchilnosti i mineralnoho skladu kistkovoyi tkanyny nyzhnoyi shchelepy shchura ta zakonomirnostey yikh posttravmatychnoyi dynamiky. Morfolohiya. 2019;13(2):54-62. DOI: https:doi.org10.266411997-9665.2019.2.54-62 [in Ukrainian].
- Sohuyko RR, Masna ZZ, Bylynʹ HV, vynakhidnyky; Lvivskyy natsionalnyy medychnyy universytet imeni Danyla Halytskoho, patentovlasnyk. Sposib modelyuvannya travmy nyzhnoyi shchelepy shchura. Patent na korysnu model № 118784. 2017 Serp 28. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 2 (154), 2019 year, 320-325 pages, index UDK 611.716.4-001-018.4:612.015.31:615.33]-08