MORPHOLOGICAL FEATURES OF THE MUCOUS MEMBRANE OF THE ESOPHAGUS, STOMACH AND DUODENUM IN PATIENTS WITH PATHOLОGY OF THE SPHINCTER APPARATUS OF THE ESOPHAGOGASTRODUODENAL ZONE
About the author:
Gajdar Yu. A., Prolom N. V., Mylostiva D. F.
Type of article:
Purpose of the study. To study the morphological features of the mucous membrane of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum in patients with pathology of the sphincter apparatus of the esophagogastroduodenal zone. Object and methods. 24 patients were examined, which were divided into 3 groups (group I with stenosis of the outlet and duodenum, n = 9; group II – with hiatal hernias, n = 9; group III – with cardiac achalasia, grade I-IV, n = 6). The material for the study of structural changes in CO were biopsy specimens of the esophagus and antrum. Results. Patients with stenosis of the outlet had the greatest morphological manifestation of changes in the gastric mucosa. In patients with I-II stage of achalasia of the cardia, mild signs of inflammation or their absence were noted. Changes in the gastric mucosa characteristic of chronic gastritis in the form of inflammation and infiltration were most often found in patients with stenosis. Atrophic changes, from mild to pronounced, manifested itself in all groups of patients by a decrease in the absolute number of glandular cell elements, or by a change in specialized cells with intestinal-type epithelium in metaplasia. Atrophy most often had focal character, the space between the glands was increased due to inflammatory infiltrate. The mucous membrane of the stomach with stenosis was characterized by severe hyperplasia of the pits and ridges. According to the OLGA system, stage II and stage II gastritis were most often noted. Conclusions. In patients with outlet stenosis, morphologically most often there is hyperplasia of the fossa of the gastric mucosa. Stenosis of the output section of the stomach and a delay in the content of the stomach create conditions for the development of inflammation, which is explained by the degree and stage of gastritis were statistically higher.
mucous membrane, esophagus, atrophy, morphological changes, esophagogastroduodenal zone
- Rozhkova MYu, Nechaeva GI, Ljaljukova EA, Tsikunova YuS. Patologicheskie izmenenia slizistoi obolochki pishevoda y bolnich s gastroezofagealnoi refluksnoi bolezny. Tavrishesky medico-biologichniy vestnik. 2012;15(3):67-9. [in Russiаn].
- Beales IL. Gastrin and interleukin-1beta stimulate growth factor secretion from cultured rabbit gastric parietal cells. Life Sci. 2004;75:2983-95.
- Knazev MV. Atrofia slizistoi geludka kak predrakovoe zabolevanie. Metodi diagnostiki. Klinicheska endoskopia. 2008;4:2-12. [in Russiаn].
- Slizko S. Rannie vnytribryshinnie oslognenia i profilaktica v hirurgii yzvennogo piloroduodenalnogo stenoza. Gomelsky medicinsky universitet. 2004;1:56-9. [in Russiаn].
- Onopriev VI, Durleshter VM, Didigov MT. Surgitnoe lecenie stenoza i technisheskie osobennosti radikalnoi duodenoplastiki. 2006;7-8:48-53. [in Russiаn].
- Li XB, Lu Н, Chen НМ. Role of bile reflux and Helicobacter pylori infection on inflammation of gastric remnant after distal gastrectomy. J Dig Dis. 2008;9(4):208-12.
- Păduraru DN, Nica А, Ion D. Considerations on risk factors correlated to the occurrence of gastric stump cancer. Journal of Medicine and Life. 2016;9(2):130-6.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 2 (154), 2019 year, 341-344 pages, index UDK 616.329+616.26-007.43-089