ANALYSIS OF CLINICAL ACTIVITY OF THE REGIONAL BRANCH OF NATIONAL CENTRE OF OPHTHALMOLOGY NAMED AFTER ACADEMICIAN ZARIFA ALIYEVA IN MASALLI CITY İN 2009-2015
About the author:
Nazarli J. A.
SOCIAL MEDICINE AND ORGANIZATION OF HEALTHCARE PROTECTION
Type of article:
The purpose of this study was to conduct retrospective analysis of clinical characteristics of patients in the regional branch of National Centre of Ophthalmology named after academician Zarifa Aliyeva (NCO) in Masallı city (MB) from 2009 to 2015. Methods. This retrospective study included data of ophthalmic examination of 51449 patients, examined in the MB of NCO at the mean age of 40,63±0,76 years, 23846 (46,35±0,22%) of them were men and 27603 (53,65±0,22%) – women. The total number of primary and secondary patients from 2009 to 2015 were: 37494 (72,9%) and 13955 (27,1%), respectively. Results. In 35905 (69,79±0,2%) patients in MB different eye pathology was revealed. The highest percentage of patients with pathology of eye was in 2009 (77,6±0,59%), the lowest percentage in 2012 (65±0,55%). The first and second places in terms of total incidence took cataract (23,47±0,19%) and refractive pathology (23,08±0,19%). The percentages of cataract and refractive pathology in the general nosological structure of the identified ophthalmic pathology in the regional branch were 33,6% and 33,1%, respectively. Among all cases of diagnosed cataract in the MB (12077 patients/eye), 1, 2 and 3, 4 degrees of nucleus density were observed in 5287 (43,8%) and 6790 (56,2%) patients, respectively. 7464 (14,5±0,16%) patients underwent surgery. Thus, of the total number of patients examined in MF, 69.79±0.2% had various diseases of the visual organ. Surgical interventions were performed in 14.5±0.16% of patients. As the analysis showed, in MF in the period from 2009 to 2015 there was an annual increase in the number of patients with different ophthalmopathology, and the difference in the detection of some eye diseases was statistically significant. Thus, when comparing the indicators of 2015 with the indicators of 2014 in MF there was a statistically significant increase in the number of patients with refractive pathology (χ2=36.21 (p<0.001)) and OSH=0.81 (p<0.05), diabetic retinopathy (χ2=62.03 (p<0.001)) and OSH=2.07 (p<0.05), dacryocystitis (χ2=16.34 (p<0.001)) and OSH=1.66 (p<0.05), conjunctivitis (χ2=73.32 (p<0.001)) and Osh=0.69 (p<0.05). When comparing the indicators in MF 2015 and 2009, the number of patients with cataract, glaucoma, trauma and dacryocystitis increased by 1.87 (46.6%), 2.2 (54.7%), 3.8 (73.7%) and 4.2 times (75.9%), respectively. Conclusion. Cataract and refractive pathology were in the first and second places in terms of overall detectability, as well as in the General nosological structure of the revealed ophthalmopathology
branch, cataract, clinical characteristics, patients.
- Bourne RR, Jonas JB, Flaxman SR, Keeffe J, Leasher J, Naidoo K, et al. Prevalence and causes of vision loss in high-income countries and in Eastern and Central Europe: 1990-2010. J Ophthalmol. 2014;5(98):629-38.
- Agaeva RB, Kasimov JeM. Zabolevaemost’ organa zrenija sredi vzroslogo naselenija i puti ejo snizhenija v Azerbajdzhanskoj Respublike. Oftalmologiya Elmi-Praktik Jurnal. 2016;1(20):42-6. [in Russian].
- Kasimov JeM. Mediko-social’nye aspekty slepoty i invalidnosti vsledstvie glaukomy v Azerbajdzhane [avtoreferat]. M.: 1998. 21 s. [in Russian].
- Kasimov JeM. Desjatiletnij opyt raboty mobil’noj oftal’mologicheskoj kliniki v Azerbajdzhane. Oftalmologiya, Bakı. 2015;17(1):55-60. [in Russian].
- Kerimov KT, Obejdat AF, Samedova DH. Patologija organa zrenija v Azerbajdzhanskoj Respublike. Aktual’nye problemy oftal’mologii. Materialy, posvjashhennye 75-letiju so dnja rozhdenija akademika Z. Alievoj, Baku. 1998. s. 29-31. [in Russian].
- Kerimov KT, Rustamova NM, Kerimova NK, Sultanova AI, Kerimova NK. Dinamika pervichnoj invalidnosti vsledstvie patologii organa zrenija v Azerbajdzhanskoj Respublike. Oftalmologiya, Bakı. 2010;3:73-6. [in Russian].
- Qasımov EM, Ağayeva RB, Seidova SN, Aslanova AF, Ağayeva FƏ. Azərbaycan regionlarında yüksəkixtisaslı oftalmoloji yardımın göstərilməsində yeni addım-Səyyar Klinika. Oftalmologiya Elmi-Praktik Jurnal. 2009;1(1):115-20. [in Azerb].
- Chylack LT Jr, Wolfe JK, Singer DM, Leske MC, Bullimore MA, Bailey IL, et al. The Lens Opacities Classification System III. The Longitudinal Study of Cataract Study Group. Arch Ophthalmol. 1993 Jun;111(6):831-6.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 4 Part 2 (154), 2019 year, 352-356 pages, index UDK 617.7(479.24)