EDUCATION FROM STUDENT PROSPECTIVE: SURVEY RESULTS AFTER COMPLETION OF THE RADIOLOGY COURSE
About the author:
Yakubovska O. M., Kovalenko T. P., Semenenko A. I., Yasko V. V., Balaniuk O. B., Redchits M. A.
Type of article:
Study Purpose: to analyze student evaluation of teaching process in Radiology Course at the Department of Radiology and Oncology, Vinnitsa National Pirogov Memorial Medical University. Study Object and Methods. Using the Online Survey Software “Survio”, a questionnaire was created and offered to the 3rd-year medical students to evaluate efficiency of education process and utilization of equipment in the course of Radiology at Vinnitsa National Pirogov Memorial Medical University. The students were also asked, using a scale from 1 to 10, to evaluate quality of teaching and interpersonal relationship between faculty and students. In addition, the students were able to describe advantages and disadvantages observed during studying Radiology, and also submit their recommendations how to enhance quality of teaching. Results and Discussion. Analysis of students responses reveals that quality of teaching was rated as 8.35 out of 10, organization of teaching process as 7.85 out of 10, and interpersonal relationship between Radiology faculty at Vinnitsa National Pirogov Memorial Medical University and students as 8.95 out of 10. Areas of improvement were indicated as excessive amount of material assigned to self-study, difficulties in interpreting radiologic images during practical classes, and assignment of clinical significant topics as self-directed learning. Students also recommended having more practical classes in the hospital settings. Summary. Results of student survey confirm high quality of education process in the course of Radiology at Vinnitsa National Pirogov Memorial Medical University. The presented approach may be used for monitoring of efficiency of education process in the same or other disciplines in future. Students recommendation will be used for further improvement of both curriculum and didactic process in Radiology at Vinnitsa National Pirogov Memorial Medical University.
survey, teaching process, quality of education, discipline, higher education
- Tomilova MI, Vasileva EY, Gaikina MYu. Vuz v otsenke studentov: Otsenka usloviy obucheniya i kachestva podgotovki. Saarbrücken: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing; 2014. 142 s. [in Russiаn].
- Shadrina EM. Anketirovanie studentov – metod izmereniya kachestva obrazovaniya. Yevraziyskoe Nauchnoe Obedinenie. 2018;4(38):151-2. [in Russiаn].
- Kavyn VO, Popovych JL, Fedorak VM, Mjesojedova VA, Parakhonjak VV. Analiz rezuljtativ anketuvannja studentiv Ivano-Frankivsjkogho nacionaljnogho medychnogho universytetu po zavershennju vyvchennja dyscypliny Operatyvna khirurghija i topoghrafichna anatomija. Medychna osvita. 2017;1:69-72. DOI: 10.11603/me.2414-5998.2017.1.7447 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzjak GV, Perceva TO, Zakharov SV, Ghorbunova GV. Shljakhy pidvyshhennja jakosti navchannja na pidstavi monitorynghu anketuvannja vypusknykiv akademiji. Medychna osvita. 2015;2:64-6. [in Ukrainian].
- Ignatev VP, Varlamova LF, Stepanov PA. Privlechenie studentov k otsenke kachestva obrazovaniya. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii. 2016;12(1):141-5. [in Russiаn]. 6. Kovaljsjkyj OV. Radiologhija. Promeneva terapija. Promeneva diaghnostyka. Pidruchnyk dlja stud. vyshh. navch. zaklad. Vinnycja: Nova Knygha; 2013. 552 s. [in Ukrainian]. 7. Miljko VI. Rentghenodiaghnostyka. Vinnycja: Nova Knygha; 2005. 243 s. [in Ukrainian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (145), 2018 year, 231-233 pages, index UDK 615.849:303.621.35:616-053.82