QUANTITATIVE MORPHOLOGICAL VALUE OF STRUCTURAL RECONSTRUCTION OF ENDOTHELIOCYTES OF ARTERIAL AND VENOUS BEDS OF JEJUNUM AT RESECTION DIFFERENT VOLUMES OF LIVER
About the author:
Tatarchuk L. V., Hnatjuk M. S.
Type of article:
Liver resection is widely used in modern surgical departments. Removal of large volumes of the liver leads to postresection portal hypertension, which is complicated by bleeding from varicose veins of the esophagus, stomach, rectum, ascites, splenomegaly with secondary hyperpselinism, parenchymal jaundice and portosystemic encephalopathy. The widespread prevalence of this pathology, high mortality from its complications indicates that it is an important medical and social problem. Resections of large volumes of liver parenchyma are complicated by postresection portal hypertension, which leads to structural and functional changes in the organs of the basin portal hepatic vein. The features of the structural reconstruction of endotheliocytes of arterial and venous beds jejunum after resection of different volumes of liver parenchyma have not been adequately investigated. The purpose of the research was morphometrical investigate the structural reconstruction of endotheliocytes of arterial and venous beds jejunum after resection of different volumes of liver parenchyma. Methods and material. The research was conducted on 45 male rats, which were divided into 3 groups. The group 1 consisted of 15 intact animals, 2-15 rats after resection of the left lateral part – 31.5 % of liver parenchyma, 3 – 15 animals after resection of the right and left side parts of the liver (58.1 %). Euthanasia of animals was carried out by bloodletting in conditions of thiopental anesthesia 1 month after the beginning of the experiment. The cut pieces of the jejunum were fixed in a 10 % neutral formalin solution, and after appropriate ethyl alcohol of increasing concentration was poured in paraffin blocks. Histologic sections 5-7 μm thick after deparaffinization were stained with hematoxylin-eosin, for van Gizon, Mallory, Weigert, and toluidine blue. Morphometrical determined the height of the endothelial cells, the diameter of their nuclei, the nuclear-cytoplasmic rations in the endothelial cells and the relative volume of damaged endothelial cells in arteries and veins. Quantitative indicators were processed statistically. Results and discussion. One month after resection of 31.5 % of the liver, the height of the endothelial cells, the diameter of their nuclei, the nuclear-cytoplasmic rations in the endothelial cells and the relative volume of damaged endothelial cells in arteries and veins of the jejunum changed slightly. Resection of 58.1% of liver parenchyma leads to postresection portal hypertension and severe structural rearrangement of endothelial cells of the arteries and veins of the jejunum. The height of the endothelial cells in the arteries decreased by 9.6 %, the diameter of their nuclei- by 5.7 %, the nuclear-cytoplasmic ratios increased by 9.3%, the relative volume of damaged endothelial cells-by 21.3 times, in the venous beds of the jejunum the indicated changes were 10.2%, 7.0%, 7.1% and 21.7 times, respectively. The severity of structural changes in endothelial cells dominates the veins of the jejunum and depends on the removed volume of liver parenchyma. Conclusion. Researches was found that a resection of 58.1% of the liver parenchyma leads to postresection portal hypertension and severe structural reconstruction of the endothelial cells of the arterial and venous beds of the jejunum, characterized by uneven disproportionate changes in the morphometric parameters of their cytoplasm and nuclei, a violation of the relations between them, significant an increase in the relative volume of damaged endothelial cells. The severity of the structural reconstruction of endothelial cells dominates the veins of the ileum and depends on the volume of the removed parenchyma of the liver.
resection of the liver, endothelial cell, arteries, veins, jejunum
- Vishnievskii VA, Yefanov MG, Kazakov IV. Segmentarnyye rezektsyi, otdaliennyye rezultaty pri zlokachestvennykh opukholiakh piechieni. Ukr. zhurnal khirurgii. 2012;1(16):5-15. [in Russiаn].
- Hnatiuk MS, Tatarchuk LV, Jasinovskyy OB. Morphometrychna octinka osoblyvostey remodeliuvanja struktur dvanadtsiatypaloi kyshky pry resekcyy riznych objemiv pechinky. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu. Seriia “Medycyna”. 2016;1(49):3-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Nakajima K, Takanashi S, Saito N. Efficacy of the predicted operation time strategy for syndromus colorectal liver metastasis feasibility study for staged resection in patients in long predicted operation time. Gastrointest. Surg. 2013;17(4):688-95.
- Sawada K, Ohtake T, Veno N. Multiple portal hypertensive polyps of the jejunum accompanied by anemia of the unknown origin. Gastrointest., Endosc. 2011;73:179-82.
- Reznikov OH. Zahalni etychni pryntsypy eksperymentiv na tvarynakh. Endokrynolohiia. 2003;8(1):142-5. [in Ukrainian].
- Sorochinnikov AG, Dorosievich AYe. Gistologichieskaya i mikroskopicheskaya tiekhnika. Moskow: Meditsyna; 2007. 448 s. [in Russian].
- Avtandilov GG. Osnovy kolichestvennoy patologicheskoy anatomii. Moskow: Medicyna; 2002. 240 s. [in Russian].
- Lapach SN, Gubenko AV, Babich PN. Statistichieskiie metody v medico-biologicheskikh issledovaniyakh Excell. Kiev: Morion; 2001. 410 s. [in Russian].
- Kukhar ID. Morfometrychni zminy yader klityn sitchastoyi zony kory nadnyrkovykh zaloz pislya vplyvu opikiv i kriodestruktsiyi na shkiru tvaryn. Visnyk naukovykh doslidzhen′. 2002;2:111-3. [in Ukrainian].
- Sarkysov DS. Strukturnye osnovy adaptatsyy y kompensatsyy narushennykh funktsyy. Moskva: Medytsyna; 1998. 230 s. [in Russian].
- Makarov MA, Avdeyev SN, Chuchalin AG. Rol′ dysfunktsyy éndotelyya y rehydnosty arteriy v patoheneze khronycheskoy obstruktyvnoy bolezny lehkykh. Terapevtycheskyy arkhyv. 2012;3:74-7. [in Russian].
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (145), 2018 year, 322-325 pages, index UDK 616.36-089.87-06:616-091]-092.9