CLINICAL AND ECONOMIC EFFICIENCY OF DESTRUCTIVE DETERMINATION METHODS OF TREATMENT OF THE EPIDERMAL DYSPLASIA OF THE SKIN UNDER CONDITIONS OF INTERDISCIPLINARY MEDICAL PRACTICE
About the author:
Ziukov O. L., Oshyvalova О. O.
SOCIAL MEDICINE AND ORGANIZATION OF HEALTHCARE PROTECTION
Type of article:
The introduction of new medical technologies in dermatooncology requires proof of not only their clinical effectiveness and safety, but also the economic substantiation of their application. This need becomes especially relevant in conditions of limited resources of health protection and growth of cancer diseases of the skin among the population of Ukraine. The methodology of clinical and economic analysis allows to carry out a comprehensive analysis of the results of medical interventions and the costs of their use, which is affecting on the decision of the appropriateness of the use of certain technologies in healthcare practice. The purpose of the study was to investigate the clinical and economic effectiveness of destructive methods of treatment of epidermal dysplasia of the skin under conditions of interdisciplinary medical practice in the nationwide health protection system. Methods. The clinical and economical analysis was based on the use of personally-identifiable data of 245 patients with epidermal skin dysplasias, on the evaluation direct and indirect costs for the treatment of the patients by destructive methods ((radiosurgical, surgical). Results. When using the radiosurgical method, the rate of treatment effectiveness was significantly higher and was 100%, the cost-effectiveness rate was lower (UAH 9.17) by 4.8 times, the value of the “cost of the disease” was lower by 4.4 times and was 917.04 UAH. Accordingly, the indicator of cost difference according to the analysis of “minimization” of expenses amounted to -3131.26 UAH. Conclusions. Clinical and economic analysis of the use of radiosurgical method of treatment of epidermal dysplasia of the skin compared to the traditional surgical treatment procedure, has higher clinical efficiency, reduces the “cost of the disease” and the cost of treatment.
epidermal dysplasias of the skin, destructive methods of treatment, clinical and economic analysis
- Vlasov VV. Otsenka meditsinskih tehnologiy – barer na puti. Lechebnaya rabota i meditsinskaya ekspertiza. 2012. Dostupno: https://e. zamglvracha.ru [in Russiаn].
- Kolbin AS. Farmakoekonomicheskie issledovaniya v onkologiі na osnove realnoy klinicheskoy praktiki ili modelirovaniya. Farmakoekonomika. 2012;2(2):26-30. [in Russiаn].
- Avksentev MA, Gerasimov VB, Sura MV. Vorobeva PA, redaktor. Kliniko-ekonomicheskiy analiz (otsenka, vyibor meditsinskih tehnologiy i upravlenie kachestvom meditsinskoy pomoschi). M.: Nyudiamed; 2004. 404 s. [in Russiаn].
- Kulikov AYu, Nguen TT, Tihomirova AV. Metodologiya modelirovaniya v farmakoekonomike. Sovremennaya farmakoekonomika i farmakoepidemiologiya. 2011;4(4):8-16. [in Russiаn].
- Zakon Ukrayini vid 06.04.2017 № 2002-VIII «Pro vnesennya zmin do deyakih zakonodavchih aktiv Ukrayini schodo udoskonalennya zakonodavstva z pitan diyalnosti zakladiv ohoroni zdorov`ya». Dostupno: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2002-19 [in Ukrainian].
- Morton CA, Birnie AJ, Eedy DJ. British Association of Dermatologists’ guidelines for the management of squamous cell carcinoma in situ (Bowen’s disease), 2014. Br J Dermatol. 2014;70(2):245-60. DOI: 10.1111/bjd.12766
- Yagudina RI, Kulikov AYu, Komarov IA. Metodologiya provedeniya analiza «zatrat» pri provedenii farmakoekonomicheskih issledovaniy. Sovremennaya farmakoekonomika i farmakoepidemiologiya. 2011;4(3):3-6. [in Russiаn].
- Drummond MF, Sculpher MJ, Torrance GW. Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes. New York: Oxford University Press; 2005. 385 p.
- Management of primary cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SIGN CPG 140): Clinical Practice Guideline, United Kingdom; 2014. Available from: http://www.sign.ac.uk/sign-140-management-of-primary-cutaneous-squamous-cell-carcinoma.html
- Werner RN, Stockfleth E, Connolly SM, Correia O, Erdmann R, Foley P, et al. Evidence and consensus based (S3) Guidelines for the Treatment of Actinic Keratosis International League of Dermatological Societies (ILDS) in cooperation with the European Dermatology Forum (EDF), 2015. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015;29(11):2069-79. DOI: 10.1111/jdv.13180
- Feldman SR, Fleischer AB, Williford PM, Jorrizzo JL. Destructive procedures are the standard of care for treatment of actinic keratoses. J Am. Acad. Dermatol. 1999;40:43-7.
- Metodichni rekomendatsiyi «Metodika rozrahunku vartosti nadannya medichnih poslug u derzhavnih ta komunalnih zakladah ohoroni zdorov`ya», 2012. 36 s. [in Ukrainian].
- Walley T, Hyacox A, Boland A. Pharmacoeconomics. Elsevier Health Sciences; 2004. 216 p.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 (145), 2018 year, 354-359 pages, index UDK 614.2:658.14(477)+616.5