ASSOCIATION OF THE ADIPONECTIN GENE POLYMORPHISM WITH THE SEVERITY OF METABOLIC DISORDERS IN ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION WITH DIFFERENT BODY MASS
About the author:
Psarova V. G., Kochuieva M. N.
CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE
Type of article:
The aim of the study was to investigate the association of the G276T marker polymorphism of the adiponectin gene with the severity of metabolic disorders in arterial hypertension (AH) with different body mass. We examined 300 patients with AH from 45 to 55 years old who gave informed written consent to participate in the study and met the inclusion criteria. Group 1 consisted of 200 patients with AH and obesity I–II classes, group 2 – 50 patients with AH and normal body weight, group 3 – 50 patients with AH and overweight. The control group consisted of 30 practically healthy individuals, in whom AH and obesity were excluded on the basis of clinical and instrumental examination data. As a result of the study, it was established THAT the T allele of the polymorphic marker G276T of the adiponectin gene is associated with the development of AH and concomitant obesity. In patients with AH, the influence of the G276T polymorphism of the adiponectin gene differs depending on the body weight. In patients with comorbidityof AH and obesity, in the presence of G/T- and T/T-genotypes, metabolic disorders are more pronounced than as compared to G/G-genotype: a significantly higher body mass index (BMI), higher triglyceride levels, more pronounced insulin resistance (IR) and adipokine imbalance. The presence of the G/T-genotype of the adiponectin gene in patients with AH and normal body mass is associated with higher BMI, and in patients with AH and overweight – in addition with more severe IR.
arterial hypertension, obesity, adiponectin gene polymorphism, insulin resistance, metabolic parameters.
- Bilovol OM, Shalimova AS, Kochuieva MM. Komorbidnist hipertonichnoi khvoroby i tsukrovoho diabetu 2 typu – aktualna problema suchasnoi medytsyny. Ukrainskyi Terapevtychnyi Journal. 2014;1:11-7. [in Ukrainian].
- Balabolkina MI, redactor. Insulinovaya rezistentnost: molekulyarno-geneticheskie mehanizmyi razvitiya, diagnostika i korrektsiya pri saharnom diabete tip 2. Moskva; 2007. 36 s. [in Russian].
- Mayorov AYu. Insulinorezistentnost v patogeneze saharnogo diabeta 2 tipa. Saharnyiy diabet. 2011;1:35-43. [in Russian].
- Provorotov VM, Drobyisheva ES, Bunina MN. Fenomen insulinorezistentnosti: mehanizmyi formirovaniya, vozmozhnosti diagnostiki i sposobyi korrektsii na sovremennom etape. Novyie Sankt-Peterburgskie vrachebnyie vedomosti. 2014;1:82-5. [in Russian].
- Shalimova A, Fadieienko G, Kolesnikova O, Isayeva A, Zlatkina V, Nemtsova V, et al. The role of genetic polymorphism in the formation of arterial hypertension, type 2 diabetes and their comorbidity. Current Pharmaceutical Design. 2019;25:218-27.
- Fredriksson J, Carlsson E, Orho-melander M. A polymorphism in the adiponectin gene influences adiponectin expression levels in visceral fat in obese subjects. Int J Obes (Lond). 2006;30:226-32.
- Kumar S, O’Rahylly S. Insulin Resistance. Insulin action and its disturbances in disease. Chichester, 2005. 599 p.
- Melistas L, Christos SM, Meropi K. Association of the +45T>G and +276G>T polymorphisms in the adiponectin gene with insulin resistance in nondiabetic Greek women. Eur J Endocrinology. 2009;161(6):845-52.
- Potapov VA, Chistiakov DA, Dubinina A. Adiponectin and adiponectin receptor gene variants in relation to type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance-related phenotypes. Rev Diabet Studies. 2008;5(1):28-37.
- Sheng T, Yang K. Adiponectin and its association with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. J Genet Genom. 2008;35:321-6.
- Whitehead JP, Richards AA, Hickman IJ. Adiponectin – a key adipokine in the metabolic syndrome. Diab, Obes, Metabol. 2006;8:264-80.
- Lin CH, Ho CY, Liu CS. Influence of Adiponectin Gene Polymorphisms on Adiponectin Serum Level and Insulin Resistance Index in Taiwanese Metabolic Syndrome Patients. Chin J Physiol. 2012;55(6):405-11.
- Siitonen N, Pulkkinen L, Lindström J. Association of ADIPOQ gene variants with body weight, type 2 diabetes and serum adiponectin concentrations: the Finnish Diabetes Prevention Study. BMC Med Genet. 2011;10:12-5.
- Takahashi M, Arita Y, Yamagata K. Genomic structure and mutations in adipose-specific gene, adiponectin. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000;24:861-8.
- Yang WS, Yang YC, Chen CL. Adiponectin SNP276 is associated with obesity, the metabolic syndrome, and diabetes in the elderly. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007;1:86(2):509-13.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 Part 2 (151), 2019 year, 156-160 pages, index UDK 616.12-008.331.1:613.25:616.43-008.6:575.22