ORAL HYGIENE INDICES IN 8-11-YEAR OLD SCHOOLCHILDREN WITH DIFFERENT EDUCATION LOAD
About the author:
Sokolova I. I., Volchenko N. V.
Type of article:
Due to insufficient exploration degree of new methods of study and their impact on schoolchildren, it is necessary to investigate health condition of children in new learning environment. Comprehensive integrated study and hygienic reasoning of new education systems are required to eliminate their negative impact on child’s body [4, 5]. The study of education load impact, created by different education systems shows that the increase in intel-lectual activity volume has an influence on schoolchildren. The influence of increased load is often adverse [5, 6]. The aim of our research was to investigate oral hygiene state in 8-11-year old schoolchildren, who are enrolled in different education programs (children enrolled in general education program and schoolchildren enrolled in ad-vanced study of foreign languages). Materials and methods: this research involved 6°Children at the age of 8 – 11 years, 35 of them are enrolled in board education program and 25 of them are trained according to general education program. Index assessment for oral hygiene determination was carried out by two methods: hygiene index according to Fedorov-Volodkina and simplified oral hygiene index (OHI-S) J. C. Green, J. R. Vermillion. Results and their discussion. Hygiene index determination according to Fedorov-Volodkina shows that school-children have different oral hygiene rates, as for instance, the rate from 1 to 1,5, which is typical for good oral hygiene, was observed in 26 (74,3%) schoolchildren, enrolled in board education program and in 20 (80,0%) chil-dren, enrolled in general education program. The index in 2 (5,7%) children in the first group and in 4 (16,0%) in the second one was found to be satisfactory. The index of unsatisfactory hygiene, which amounts from 2,1 to 2,5 points, was observed in 5 (14,3%) board education program schoolchildren and in 1 (4,0%) general education program schoolchild. The index comprising from 2,6 to 3,4 points, which implicates poor oral hygiene, was found in 2 (5,0%) children of the first group. This index was completely absent in the second group children. Extremely poor oral hygiene (more than 3,5 points) was not observed neither in the first nor in the second group. Simplified oral hygiene index data (OHI S) J. C. Green, J. R. Vermillion (Oral Hygiene Indices Simplified) revealed a similar pattern. The majority of children, 28 (80%) children of the first group and 23 (92,0%) children of the sec-ond group have low score (0-0,6 points), which confirmed good oral hygiene. Middle level, i. e., satisfactory oral hygiene (indices from 0,7 to 1,6 points) was observed in 4 (11,4%) board education program schoolchildren and 2 (8,0%) general education program schoolchildren. Unsatisfactory oral hygiene index was observed in 2 (5,7%) board education program schoolchildren. Extremely poor oral hygiene was found in 1 (2,9%) schoolchild of the same group, his index amounted for 2,6 points. As for general education program schoolchildren, they did not show neither unsatisfactory nor poor oral hygiene. The obtained results give a possibility to draw a conclusion that board education program schoolchildren are prone to a higher risk of oral diseases development, first of all such as gingivitis and caries.
hygiene of oral cavity, children, school children, academic load, indexes of hygiene of oral cavity
- Баранов А. А. Медицинские и социальный аспекты адаптации современных подростков к условиям воспитания, об-учения и трудовой деятельности / А. А. Баранов, В. Р. Кучма, Л. М. Сухарева. – М. : ГЭОТАР-Медиа, 2007. – 352 с.
- Вирабова А.Р. Развитие здоровьесберегающей среды в системе образования на основе интеграции ресурсного обе-спечения / А. Р. Вирабова. – М. : ПРОБЕЛ-2000, 2012. – С. 292.
- Мусалимова Р. С. Влияние предметных олимпиад на функциональное состояние организма старшеклассников / Р. С. Мусалимова // Гигиена и санитария. – 2012. – № 2. – С. 61–63.
- Потупчик Т. В. Критерии оценки адаптации детей к высоким учебным нагрузкам / Т. В. Потупчик, М. В. Макарова, Е. И. Прахин [и др.] // Гигиена и санитария. – 2011. – № 6. – С. 41–44.
- Степанова М. И. Гигиенические основы организации начального обучения детей в современной школе : автореф. дисс. на соискание ученой степени д-ра. мед. наук : спец. 14. 00. 07 «Гигиена» / М. И. Степанова. – Москва, 2003. – 35 с.
- Туаева И. Ш. Гигиеническая оценка режима дня и его влияние на здоровье школьников старших классов в совре-менных условиях : автореф. дисс. на соискание ученой степени канд. мед. наук : спец. 14. 00. 07 «Гигиена» / И. Ш. Туаева. – С. -Петербург, 2005. – 28 с.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 part 2 (108), 2014 year, 157-159 pages, index UDK 616. 31-083:613. 955:373