New Clinical Treatments of Restoring Contact Surfaces of Posterior Teeth
About the author:
Udod A. А., Chachaturova К. M., Kostenko R. C., Novikova K. V.
Type of article:
Restoration of the side surfaces of posterior chewing teeth, despite of the large variety of restorative materials and a variety of gadgets and devices for their conduct, as a rule, has got a significant number of complications. The purpose of this paper is the comparative clinical estimation of restorations on the contact surfaces of posterior teeth, which is done by using different methods of recovery. The object and the methods. During our study there were examined 211 people aged 20 to 45 years who have restored 344 lateral teeth with cavities at the contact surfaces over the medium and deep cavities. All subjects were divided into four groups depending on the way of recovery. Control examination was conducted immediately after recovery and after 12 months. Assessment of recovery was performed instrumentally by visual clinical estimation after the proposed system of posterior restorations. The results and discussion. Immediately after treatment all restorations got the best evaluations at the stages for all clinical criteria that means “acceptable” in the first stage and evaluation “A” at the second stage. After 12 months, the patients from the group I, which was carried out the restoration in a conventional method by using a universal microhybrid photocompositional material Charisma, Neraeus Kulzer, and standard light guide wedges, 18 restorations (21,69 ± 4,52%) had got the “unacceptable” during the first stage assessment. In all 18 restorations the contact point defects were identified, 14 of them (16,87 ± 4,11%) also had the defection of edge fit and 1 (1,20 ± 1,20%) were diagnosed with secondary caries, as well as registered defects of point contact and edge fit. In Group II, where the restoration was carried out with the same material, but with the use of the developed modified wedges, 10 restorations (11,76 ± 3,49%) were rated as “unacceptable” after the “point of contact” and 3 restorations (3,53 ± 2. 00%) by edge fit. Among the patients of group III, in which the treatment was carried out in a conventional manner in the sandwich technique using standard light guide wedges, 14 restorations (16,09 ± 3,94%) were rated as “unacceptable” by a “contact point”, 8 restorations (9, 20 ± 2,90%) of this number – also by “edge fit”, the secondary caries was revealed in 1 case (1,15 ± 1,14%). Among the patients of IV group where the treatment was held by the compomer and photocomposition in sandwich technique method using modified light guide wedges, in 7 cases (8,14 ± 2,95%) the restorations had to be replaced due to defects of the contact points, in 3 cases (3,49 ± 1,98%) – because of the defections of fit material to gingival wall, secondary caries was not found. Thus, the results of the patients from IV group were significantly (p <0. 05) better. Conclusions. So, the clinical results, received in this study show us the possibility of optimizing the quality of the restorations of cavities on the contact surfaces of posterior teeth due to more complete polymerization of light-curing materials, which ensures the developed method with using modified light guide wedges.
: posterior chewing teeth, the contact surfaces, restoration, light-curing materials, clinical estimation
- 1. Борисенко А. В. Кариес зубов / А. В. Борисенко. – К.: Книга плюс, 2005. – 416 с.
- 2. Боровский Е. В. Терапевтическая стоматология / Е. В. Боровский. – М.: Медицинское информационное агентство, 2004. – 840 с.
- 3. Николаев А. И. Практическая терапевтическая стоматология: учебн. пособ. [4-е изд.] / А. И. Николаев, Л. М. Цепов – М.: МЕДпресс-информ, 2005. – 548 с.
- 4. Пат. UA 50971 U Україна МПК (2009) А61С5/00 Пристрій для відновлення апроксимальних каріозних порожнин / Удод О. А., Хачатурова К. М; заявл. 18. 01. 2010; опубл. 25. 06. 2010, Бюл. №12.
- 5. Пат. 57071 України на корисну модель, МПК А 61 С 5/00. Спосіб оцінки крайового прилягання реставраційного матеріалу на приясенній стінці апроксимального відновлення жувального зуба.
- 6. Спосіб клінічної оцінки апроксимальних відновлень жувальних зубів / О. А. Удод, К. М. Хачатурова. Свідоцтво про реєстрацію авторського права на твір №34877 від 08. 09. 2010 р.
- 7. Ryge G. Клинические критерии / G. Ryge // Клиническая стоматология. – 1998. – №3. – С. 40–46.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 part 3 (109), 2014 year, 375-378 pages, index UDK 616. 314. 5/8-085