Pathogenetic Mechanisms of Immunological Deficiency in Patients with Recurrent Herpetic Stomatitis
About the author:
Klemin V. A., Butuk D. V., Rudenskiy V. G.
Type of article:
The purpose of the study. Identify some of the pathological mechanisms of immune deficiency (ID) in patients with recurrent herpetic stomatitis (RHS) based on the assessment of the genetic apparatus of Tlympho cytes and immune status of patients. Materials and methods. 180 patients with RHS were clinically, immunologically and cytogenetically examined in the period between 20052014 years. The average age of the examined was 27. 5 years. The diagnosis was con firmed by PSR. The clinical diagnosis of RHS was confirmed by PSR. Cytogenetic studies were carried out by the standard method. The count of chromosomal abbreviations (ACh) and associations of acrocentric chromosomes (AACh) was performed according to Denver nomenclature. Immune status of the patients was assessed by level II, according to the instructions to the commercial testsystems. In cultured cells in vitro the influence of exogenous interleukin2 (IL2) on the mitotic activity of Tlymphocytes and their genetic apparatus was determined. Materials were processed statistically using the package licensed program «MedStat» (2006). Results and discussion. With increasing severity of the pathological process (mild – moderate – severe) sec ondary immune deficiency is formed in patients with RHS mainly affecting Tsystem immunity. It is manifested by significant increase of instability of genetic apparatus of Tlymphocytes. In the peripheral blood of the patients the increased frequency of cells with ACh (1,7 ± 0,14 – 1,9 ± 0,13 – 2,1 ± 0,14 %; PLо 0,05) and the increased number of AACh (respectively 3,3 ± 0,11 4,1 ± 0,12 – 4,5 ± 0,12 units; PLO 0,5) were noted. Most often the fourth (33. 3 %) and the 21st (37. 5 %) pairs of chromosomes, where genes are located, respectively, associated with IL2 and herpes simplex virus type 1 are affected. During the period of relapse of the immune system of severely ill patients it is not able to increase the absolute number of lymphocytes with phenotypes CD3+, CD4+, CD16+ and activated cells CD25+ and 0, and 2AACh (KLO+2). In these patients the proliferative activity of Tlymphocytes to PHA and Thelper cells to mitogen lakanosa, production of IL2, IL4, IL12, INFа, INFγ, FNOa, phagocytic activity of neu trophils, specific IgG and secretory IgA are suppressed. In patients with mild disease process all immunological parameters increase in the period of the relapse, and chromosomal aberrations of Tlymphocytes remain at normal regional indicators. One of the mechanisms of IN at RHS formation is the low ability of endogenous IL2 to enhance the proliferation of cellstargets (CD3, CD4, CD16, CD25), activate the synthesis of IL4, IL12, INFa, INFγ, FNOa and involve the mitotic Tcells with more than 3 AACh (KL3+10) related memory cells. Adding in vitro culture of lym phocytes of severely ill patients exogenous IL2, obtained from healthy patients, restores the proliferative activity of Tlymphocytes, due to the involvement in the mitotic cycle KL3+10. Conclusions. Pathogenetic mechanisms at RHS cause disturbances in the genetic apparatus of Tlymphocytes form system disorders affecting the stages of activation, proliferation and effective manifestations of immunocom petent cells. This should be considered in the development of effective treatment of RHS.
recurrent herpetic stomatitis, immunological failure, immunological and cytogenetic status
- Влияние глюкагона на функцию иммунокомпетентных клеток / н. н. кеворков, а. с. павлюк, н. В. заречная [и др.] // иммунология. – 1990. – № 1. – с. 3436.
- иммуноцитогенетика / а. к. Фролов [и др.]. – М.: Медицина, 1993. – 238 с.
- инфекционный мутагенез / н. и. ильинских, е. Ф. бочаров [и др.]. – новосибирск : издво «наука». – 1984. – 168 с.
- Хромосомы человека (атлас) / а. Ф. захаров, В. а. бенюш, н. п. кулешов [и др.]. – М.: Медицина. – 1982. – 263 с.
- Crystal structure of the conserved herpesvirus fusion regulator complex gHgL / T. K. Chowdary, T. M. Cairns, D. Atanasin [et al.] // Nature Structural and Molecular Biology. – 2010. – DOI: 10. 1038 / nsmb. 1837.
- C21orf91 Genotypes Correlate With Herpes Simplex Labialis (Cold Sore) Frequency: Description of Cold Sore Susceptibility Gene / J. D. Kriesel, B. B. Jones, N. Matsunami [et al.] // Journal of infections Diseases. – 2011. – Vol. 204 (№ 11). – 1654 DOI: 10. 193 / Infdis / Jir 633.
- Hungerford D. Leukocytes cultured from smoll inoculla of whole blood and the preparation of metaphase chromosomes by treatment with hypotonic KLC / D. Hungerford // Stain. Technology. – 1965. – Vol. 40, № 6. – р. 333338.
- Kendall A. S. The structure of IL2 bound to the three chains of the IL2 recoptor and bow signaling occurs / A. S. Kendall // Medical Immunology. – 2006. – Vol. 5, № . 3. – P. 128131.
- Mancini G. Immunological guantitation of antigens by singe radial diffusion / G. Mancini, A. Carbonare, G. Heneman // Im munochemisrty. – 1965. – Vol. 2, № 4. – P. 235235.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 3 part 2 (111), 2014 year, 364-368 pages, index UDK 616. 310227036. 87092097