CITRATIС’S BUFFER, AS THE BASIS OF THE FORMATION OF ROOT FILLINGS
About the author:
Bublij T. D., Kostyrenko O. P.
Type of article:
Tooling and quality of obturation of root canals plays the leading role in the treatment of periodontitis. Resorcinol-formaldehyde resin is a material used in endodontic therapy in many State clinics. It contains two potentially toxic components, formaldehyde (liquid) and resorcinol (powder). We are finding a new non-toxic method of impregnation. Our research is relevant. Citric acid influenced on the hard tissues of the tooth. Сhemical reaction leads to the formation of calcium citrate. The root filling is a result of the formation. The root filling is biologically inert. It is bound tightly with the dentin of the tooth. Its density depends on the concentration of citric acid that should be on a constant level. In the human body is difficult to reach a certain concentration as a result of her inactivation. We used a chemical solution of citric acid that would not have depended on alkaline or acidic environment of a root canal. This solution is the citric buffer. The aim of the study is to choose the optimum concentration of citric buffer and explore interaction with dentin of the tooth. Materials and methods. The research process was carried out in two stages. It was necessary to select optimal solutions of citric acid, which is formed of citric buffer will promote crystallization of citrate calcium on the surface of dentin on the first phase. The missing teeth were used for the study of the second phase. The solution of the citric buffer was left in the channel 24 hours after using step-back technique of the treatment of root canals. Tooth were survived vertically in the thermostat at 37 c. The teeth are cut lengthwise in half, washed with water, draw for Schiff and studied. The results recorded of the digital camera. The results. The 7% solution of citric acid promotes the formation of citrat calcium in the root channel, which covers all surface. This solution impregnates dentin and fills them completely. Сitrate calcium fills the root canal throughout its length when modeling phase of endodontic treatment also. On the surface of dentin longitudinal slice root can be traced clear white bands and consist of numerous dentin’s tubular with citrate calcium. This thin white line on the root surface clearly stand out and parallel strips run through the entire thickness of the wall of the root. Conclusions. Therefore, the 7% solution citric buffer promotes the formation of root fillings, which chemically is connected with dentin, biologically inert and is not soluble. This seal does not aggressively to tooth tissues and organic structure because neutral environment (pH 6.0) provides this. Particularities when using сitric buffer can be used as an alternative to resorcinol- formaldehyde method.
сitric buffer, obturation, root canal
- 1. Боровский Е.В. Лечение осложнений кариеса зубов: проблемы и их решения / Е.В. Боровский // Стоматология. — 1999. —№ 1. — С. 21-24.
- 2. Бублій Т.Д. Експериментальне дослідження використання різних концентрацій лимонної кислоти в ендодонтії / Т.Д. Бублій, О.П. Костиренко // Всеукраїнська науково-практична конференція «Медична наука в практику охорони здоров’я». – Полтава, 2015. – С. 17-19.
- 3. Костыренко А.П. Ирригация системы корневого канала растворами лимонной кислоты в эксперименте / А.П. Костыренко, Т.Д. Бублий // Материалы международной практической конференции «Стоматологическое здоровье ребенка». – Омск, 2016. – С. 100-102.
- 4. Prado M. Scanning electron microscopic investigation of the effectiveness of phosphoric acid in smear layer removal when compared with EDTA and citric acid / M. Prado, H. Gusman, B.P. Gomes, R.A. Simão // J Endod. — 2011; 37. Р. 255-258.
- 5. Scelza M.F. Effect of three different time periods of irrigation with EDTA-T, EDTA, and citric acid on smear layer removal / M.F. Scelza, V. Pierro, P. Scelza, M. Pereira // Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. — 2004; 98. Р. 499-503.
- 6. Walerhous B.Y. Formocresol and altenative primary molar pulpotomy medicaments: a review / B.Y. Walerhous // Endod Dent Traumatol. —1995, Aug; 11 (4). — Р. 157-162.
Publication of the article:
«Bulletin of problems biology and medicine» Issue 2 part 1 (128), 2016 year, 168-170 pages, index UDK 616.314-085-74